Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the email they sent me in response to my inquiry.
    My words are in green and their response is in yellow.

I am interested in your MMA Program.

I have a few questions to ask about it.

Who teaches the program?

Master Ricardo Liborio is the head instructor. As you may or may not know, Mr. Liborio is a Brazilian World Grappling Champion, and in a list of about 3 names as to who the top grapplers in the world are.

In addition to Mr. Liborio, there will be half a dozen professional ATT fighters leading the certification as well as wrestling coaches, Muay Thai coaches, Olympic Boxing Gold Medalist Howard Davis (1972 olmypics) The certification takes places at ATT headquarters at their 20,000+ square foot facility. Complete with 2 full-size rings, a full size cage, weight room, training rooms, etc... It truly is unlike anything I have seen in the industry. Stepping foot into the facility leaves you with a sense of "I made a good decision."

Is ATT directly involved in the program at all?

Above answer hopefully addresses this question. Mr. Liborio is present for the entire training, (less the warm-ups)

What kind of price ranges do you have available?

Because of the professionalism and the resources provided, (having to pay 8-10 pros/coaches) and a full detailed curriculum, the pricing structure is as follows:

$3,500 for the 3 day certification, and $350 per month for 12 months. This 12 month period provides you with the dvd's covering each class (24 classes taught 2x per year or 48 weeks)

quarterly marketing material (ad slicks, business launch manual, instructor manual, etc...) In addition you are allowed to use the ATT logo to promote that you are a certified Level 1 ATT school.

(not that you are ATT, but you have been certified to teach ATT level 1 curriculum) The ATT gives you credibility of great proportion. Joe Rogan is quoted every UFC event as saying "ATT is the #1 mma camp in the country." I firmly agree.)

What different seminar certification do you offer?

I am looking for info on this for two reasons. The first is that I am curious about how someone can be trained to teach MMA in just a few short weeks. Does the certification simply let others know that you have been taught an ATT constructed program, and can teach from the manual?

We believe there is a major difference between watching dvd's and actually spending 3 days getting certified. Where you will roll around and train 3 intensive days. You truly earn your certification, and would then be capable of implementing the program.

The second is, I am looking to offer more at the school where I currently take and help instruct Tae Kwon Do.

I am not looking to train MMA fighters, just looking to add a more rounded curriculum.

This program is definitely not set up to train pro fighters. That is what ATT does, we are encouraging schools to capitalize on the mma craze, without losing their traditional roots.

Some of the schools that have been doing the program, have created stand alone programs, others use this program as an upgrade to their leadership programs. All have had great success.

One participant has 30 members in the program already.

All of this comes from Jamie Gudell at masuccess. He has referred me to one Randy Speegle. (rspeegle@centurymartialarts.com)
    I used my real name and email address for this, since I am genuinely interested. I am witholding my info for obvious reasons.

So its $3,500 for the 3 day seminar, and $350 a month for 12 months.

350 x 12 = 4200
    4200 + 3500 = $7700. For this you get three days with instructors and the rest comes from DVDs.
    After one year the gig is up. You have to sign up again. I am enquiring into what it takes to become a "Level 2" ATT school.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 2/11/2008 1:11pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for checking oldman...that answered some of my questions. Let me know how the whole process goes for you.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 9:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Thanks for checking oldman...that answered some of my questions. Let me know how the whole process goes for you.

If this was anyone else this place would be on fire. Let one of their own do it, and suddenly its ok.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said it answered my questions, not that I LIKED the answers I was getting. You're absolutely right, if this was Ashida Kim, Phil Elmore, Matt Furey, or any of the perenial whipping boys around here pulling this kind of garbage (certified to teach MMA based on 3 DAYS OF TRAINING? Not even a week, but THREE DAYS? Oh and a bunch of DVDs) the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board would have already reached unto the heavens, with many donning sackcloth and ashes.
    And yet, there is nothing so far.
    To paraphrase Wallid Ishmael, "Buncha chee-ken fa-guts around here."

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:15pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying I agree with what they're doing. As a matter of act I don't, at all. However, there is a difference between the instructors of ATT teaching a 3 Day MMA Seminar with certification and Ashida Kim teaching a 3 Day Seminar with certification.

The only way I won't have a problem with this though is if they manage to make it a requirement that these schools state specifically that this program will NOT make you into any sort of competitive fighter. However, I don't see that happening.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is McDojoism. Despicable McDojoism. If the purpose of the site is to fight McDojoism and frauds and fakes, motherfuckers should be all over that ****. Who gives a **** if it's the ATT?

Hypocrisy. Fucking hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agree on Mcdojoism. Can we even call bullshido on the program? (not bullshido on ATT itself)

Bunch of DVD's + 3 days of training = certificate to teach? sure they limit at ATT level 1 and stuff but you can see how this may mislead consumers and promote BS...

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 6:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I'm not saying I agree with what they're doing. As a matter of act I don't, at all. However, there is a difference between the instructors of ATT teaching a 3 Day MMA Seminar with certification and Ashida Kim teaching a 3 Day Seminar with certification.
    Why? If Ashida Kim is handing out Certs to teach Ninjitsu then what does it matter? He does teach it.
    Or do you mean, him handing out MMA certs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    The only way I won't have a problem with this though is if they manage to make it a requirement that these schools state specifically that this program will NOT make you into any sort of competitive fighter. However, I don't see that happening.
    In the initial email they did say that the program was not designed to create pro MMA fighters. They did say that they were cashing in on the MMA craze to boost enrollment.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 6:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the correspondence so far since I loast posted. Again, I am in green, Mr. Speegle is in Yellow.

Email #1

Hello Mr. Speegle.

I noticed in the first email I received about your program that Jamie Gudell sent me that it said I could be a Level 1 ATT School. Are there other levels that can be obtained?

ATT & MAIA are in the process of working on the level II program that will be introduced later this year.

I also noticed that it said there was a one year membership. What happens after the one year is up?

After you have completed your first year, you will be given the option to extend the ATT MMA program curriculum to the level II. This will be a more advance curriculum.

This certification program was brought to my attention when another Martial Arts Instructor near me took the course.

I also encountered it on a Martial Arts discussion forum.

I am interested in the info for two reasons. The first is I have discussed this with the owner of the school where I help teach Tae Kwon Do, since we are always looking to expand our student base. The second is that I am forwarding this info to other interested parties.

Thank you for your prompt response in this matter.

Email #2 is basically a pic of the website info on the program at masuccess.com.

Email # 3 was a video promo. I will try to figure out how to post it.

email # 4

Business Launch Manual, Level 1 Curriculum Manual, First 2 Training DVD’s with 8 classes (more to come, just not all complete yet), Bonus DVD with Ricardo Interview, Advertising CD, Window Clings, and Large Vinyl Banner.

Here are more details:

Business Launch Manual – about 20 pgs
    Overview offers a few suggested ways to implement the program
    Marketing Overview – they receive a Large Vinyl Banner, 2 Window Clings, and Ad Slicks on a Marketing CD to use for promoting
    Also includes Simple instructions for an ATT Launch Seminar
    Includes selling tips for group enrollment conference
    Includes a suggested class structure with a guide to a rewarding students outside of traditional belt testing
    Includes Retail Sales tips and info on ATT Merchandise access
    General Background about MMA history and rules to educate new ATT Curriculum owners –to assist in the Q&A portion of “selling” the program.

Instructor Manual – about 30 pgs
    Intended only to supplement the DVD’s – the bulk of the classes lies on the DVD’s
    Includes some stretching and Warm-Ups – though many schools prefer to use their typical stretching/warm-up routine

2 Training DVD’s with the first 8 classes are complete – Extensive information about this is only available at the certification
    Rough overview of first 8 classes
    Class 1 goes through an introduction to Basic stance s, f ootwork, strikes, jabs, clinches, takedowns, and groundwork
    Class 2 focuses on Pummeling – integrated with what was learned in Class 1
    Class 3 focuses on Kicking – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 4 focuses on Takedown Techniques – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 5 focuses on Blocking – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 6 focuses on Setting up Takedowns – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 7 focuses on Deflecting – integrated with prior class lessons
    Class 8 focuses on Advanced Kicks – integrated with prior class lessons
    There will be a total of 24 classes- but the remaining classes are still in final stages of editing/authoring- Great outlines don’t exist just yet.

Classes are designed to be fairly turn-key.

Each class outline includes the following:
    An estimate of how much time will be required to watch the relevant portion of DVD
    List of necessary equipment for class
    Recommended Schedule to take approximately an hour
    Typically includes stretching/warm-up, instruction, solo drills, partner drills, review, cool down
    At the certification you will learn how you can actually make the classes more specific and by splitting every class into 3 separate classes based on Strikes, Takedowns, and Groundwork.

This looks like blatant McDojoism has struck MMA. I see TAPOUT shirt sales going way up.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 2/12/2008 7:01am at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 9:23am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Why? If Ashida Kim is handing out Certs to teach Ninjitsu then what does it matter? He does teach it.
    Or do you mean, him handing out MMA certs?
    Yeah, that's what I thought you were referring to. I agree it's not different than Ashida Kim handing out Ninjitsu certs

In the initial email they did say that the program was not designed to create pro MMA fighters. They did say that they were cashing in on the MMA craze to boost enrollment.
    Yeah, but I'm sure they're not going to require schools to make that clear. That's what I meant. Understand I'm on your side. I just don't want to believe this is actually happening.
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast