223968 Bullies, 4159 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 181 to 190 of 690
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 2021222329 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 10:53am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    The reason I say that it's because it's not been the first time that a school's website hasn't been comprehensive enough or made up (copy/pasted) by a third party without direct supervision by the school's owner.

    We can spend the entire time analyzing and looking for hidden messages and what not in that school's website. We won't know for sure until we hear it from the horses' mouth. Anything else is nothing short than running around in circles...

    ... and it's ATT dude. In the absence of past evidence and a verifiable track record, I would agree with you in not giving the benefit of the doubt. But that's not the case here. If that makes me full of ****, so be it.

    I won't believe it (bullshido) until I see it.
    Apparently, you didn't see what I was arguing in the beginning. I was taken to task for specifically saying the program isn't bullshido, it will be the results.

    I had the same discussion with KF and Sam Browning concerning a similar incident.. If you need the thread I'll show it to you.

    Yes, ATT has a proven track record with producing champions. They don't have a track record with a MMA DVD seminar program.

    It is not the same thing at all. That is why I'm saying full of ****. One does not beagt the other.
  2. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 10:55am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, I see your point. Send me the link dude.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/13/2008 10:57am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:01am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Ah, I see your point.
    Trust me the last thing I want to do is impugn a good school. I, like you, want to see the reults without bias.

    I also have to think "the road to hell..."
  4. Wolf is offline
    Wolf's Avatar

    T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:02am

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Of course I don't make ATT responsible for what others can do if this becomes a fad. But how you can keep control about it. In say, 15 years from now, we will have those who can trace their legit MMA lineage to ATT, and suck, and others to Gracie Combatives, and suck, and others to whoknows, and also suck,...

    Let's the _ing _un begins, but in rashguards.
    I won't dispute that at all. That was going to happen over time anyway. That's just the nature of pretty much anything. The thing is, that's not really an argument against what ATT is doing. Anything that is popular will get watered down as the years go by and people try to take advantage of it. It then becomes harder for someone to find legit schools. Pretty much all of the arts that get made fun of today were mostly good at one point. It's when the programs got widespread and got away from what the "Martial" in martial arts means that they went to ****.
  5. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:25am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    And if ATT starts to offer this kind of programs, what forbids another MMA camps bandwagoning and starting to do the same. And if these other MMA have less ethics, or more greed, or are unable to develop a good quality control?

    A lot of MMA McDojo spreading coast to coast? A lot of shitty crapplers and mma'ers who are not going to be properly checked their skills because they won't enter in top class MMA bouts?

    Anhony et al., you can have faith in your school and in your instructors. Do you have the same faith regarding another MMA Gyms leaded by less proficient instructors and in their franchised/licensed/whatever krotty belt factories. Because McDojos are the best niche market for these type of practises. These are the same people who fucked TMA, why do you think they're not going to do the same with MMA?

    .
    Then hire a wrestling/judo coach. They are not very expensive nor difficult to find.
    I don't see how this is about ATT. ATT can only police it's own program, and keep it's own quality control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  6. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:25am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moorpark classes:
    Mondays & Wednesdays at 7:45-8:30pm

    Simi Valley classes:
    Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:45-8:30pm
    45 min. classes twice a week??

    that's barely a warmup before regular class.


    Another question that may or may not be answered:

    to what extent does ATT control Version 2.0....also referred to as the student.

    One might have a student or another school owner who attends the CLASSES of an ATT affiliate school and have that person leave and use his training at an ATT Level 1 (or perhaps in the future Level 2) as a promotion point for himself.




    Edit: the closest school to me is in Southern California.....about 8/9 hrs away. I already checked with Vince on that
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 2/13/2008 11:26am at . Reason: added school info
  7. Wolf is offline
    Wolf's Avatar

    T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:27am

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    45 min. classes twice a week??

    that's barely a warmup before regular class.


    Another question that may or may not be answered:

    to what extent does ATT control Version 2.0....also referred to as the student.

    One might have a student or another school owner who attends the CLASSES of an ATT affiliate school and have that person leave and use his training at an ATT Level 1 (or perhaps in the future Level 2) as a promotion point for himself.
    When you say Affiliate are you referring to a real ATT gym, or do you mean just the level 1 cert school (I ask because the cert schools are NOT affiliate schools)?
  8. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:29am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    When you say Affiliate are you referring to a real ATT gym, or do you mean just the level 1 cert school (I ask because the cert schools are NOT affiliate schools)?
    yes, allow me to rephrase that:

    One might have a student or another school owner who attends the CLASSES of an ATT affiliate Level 1 or 2 program school and have that person leave and use his training at an ATT Level 1 (or perhaps in the future Level 2) as a promotion point for himself
  9. kismasher is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,524

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:32am

    supporting member
     Style: fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    yes, allow me to rephrase that:

    One might have a student or another school owner who attends the CLASSES of an ATT affiliate Level 1 or 2 program school and have that person leave and use his training at an ATT Level 1 (or perhaps in the future Level 2) as a promotion point for himself
    That would be theft of intellectual property for $200, Alex.

    edit: if used in school promo's. if said person only mentioned it in personal conversations or referred to it when asked then there is no problem.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:36am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    That would be theft of intellectual property for $200, Alex.

    edit: if used in school promo's. if said person only mentioned it in personal conversations or referred to it when asked then there is no problem.
    How so unless, I use their logo?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.