223823 Bullies, 4277 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 39
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kid Miracleman is offline
    Kid Miracleman's Avatar

    Rowsdower!

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown!
    Posts
    3,249

    Posted On:
    2/07/2008 9:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To use Iron Palm, I think you have to be like the villain from "Iron Monkey" and slap Rongguang Yu and Donnie Yen around or something.
  2. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    2/07/2008 9:58pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu
    That is what idiots say. The same show proved that the spacers dont matter. The force that breaks the bricks is consistant from the punch right through for every brick broken. The spacers make it easier because it is easier to break heaps of small bricks in one strike than one big one. It takes less power, but looks cool. However, it is the target penetration that makes it still impressive. Being able to absorb the impact that is enough to break one single brick, and not loose speed or power, and break another, and another, and another. There is no domino effect.

    If you still dont believe Iron Palm works, go try break a brick yourself. If your muscles arnt enough, and you need stronger bone, then you are wrong. If you dont even have muscle, go to the fuckin gym.
    The bricks from that test aren't hard to break. Almost anyone can put their hand through a stack of them. They aren't much stronger then the dry pine used in karoddy demos.

    Breaking two of them laid on top of one another is about like breaking 6-8 of them spaced with pencils. The spacers are KEY to making the trick look effortless.

    Notice I said trick? That's all breaking these bricks is. A silly trick. It doesn't take hard bones or iron palm. And, yes, a person who was sincerely trying could run a sledgehammer through the stack much more cleanly.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  3. Cough/Cool is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    338

    Posted On:
    2/07/2008 10:51pm


     Style: JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tenchu stated that he is a pro MT fighter - as someone stated, it would be nice to have some proof of this, it would add to your argument if anything.
  4. Milquetoast is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    42

    Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Xingyi, Silat

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, his argument would still be shite. Even if he's a great fighter, he'd still be wrong. Oh course, with the shuttling between thailand and wudang mountain probably keeps him too wrapped up to be able to give his name, fight record, or any credible evidence. Besides Fight Science...
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:38pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu
    That is what idiots say. The same show proved that the spacers dont matter. The force that breaks the bricks is consistant from the punch right through for every brick broken. The spacers make it easier because it is easier to break heaps of small bricks in one strike than one big one. It takes less power, but looks cool. However, it is the target penetration that makes it still impressive. Being able to absorb the impact that is enough to break one single brick, and not loose speed or power, and break another, and another, and another. There is no domino effect.

    If you still dont believe Iron Palm works, go try break a brick yourself. If your muscles arnt enough, and you need stronger bone, then you are wrong. If you dont even have muscle, go to the fuckin gym.
    No idiots type in purple to try and prove a point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu's profile
    Former machine gunner in the Royal Australian Infantry.

    Full time Muay Thai boxer.

    Have trained in a lot of different styles breifly, so have a lot of understanding. But am most skilled in Muay Thai, then Wing Chun, then Brazilian Jiu Jutsu.

    Ninjutsu is a interest for me.
    Are you going to provide evidence of your Professional MT record. You've been training with Bryan Lee (aka ar549) haven't you?

    Troll.
  6. redeagle is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    2/08/2008 6:25am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo /MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the difference between iron palm training and what MT fighters do to their shins to make them hard as granite?
    This is a serious n00b question I am not trying to be a smart ass or anything
  7. DHNK is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Israel, TA area
    Posts
    262

    Posted On:
    2/08/2008 7:47am


     Style: MT\KM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A to Q: MT fighters don't condition their shins on rocks, metal or anything that hard. The shin conditioning that MT fighters do consist of shin-to-shin contact and hitting the heavy bag, and in more exotic cases, kicking a banana tree (which trunk is also quite flexible). If I were to get scientifical, I'd say the shin conditioning is more about building calluses, deadening the nerves and removing the innate psychological fear of kicking using the shin - but those I'm not sure about. Anyway, it's about a 100 times safer than kicking a metal or rock pole.

    To Tenchu again: If you do not provide a name, a record, and proof that you are who you say you are (a pro MT fighter), your opinion here is worth **** and you will be dismissed as another guy to mock at. My advice, just do this or go away.
  8. MaverickZ is offline

    Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,928

    Posted On:
    2/08/2008 8:21am

    supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    The bricks from that test aren't hard to break. Almost anyone can put their hand through a stack of them. They aren't much stronger then the dry pine used in karoddy demos.
    How many have you broken?
  9. Tenchu is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    136

    Posted On:
    2/08/2008 8:37am


     Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    To Tenchu again: If you do not provide a name, a record, and proof that you are who you say you are (a pro MT fighter), your opinion here is worth **** and you will be dismissed as another guy to mock at. My advice, just do this or go away.
    I dont have a fight record. I am pro fighter, but begginer. I mean I fight in professional fights. I completely skipped the ametuer phase. The gym in Thailand I train at has courses that consist of 4 levels. Mauy Thai 1, takes a couple of weeks, as do 2 and 3. The final course is Muay Thai 4, it takes 3 or 4 months to complete, and the final test you have to do a professional fight at the gym at their stadium where you train.

    Here, check the gym site out: http://www.muaythai-institute.net/

    Notice it says you MUST do a pro fight to complete the full time course. Thailand does not have an ametuer league in Muay Thai really. You enter the ring and you are there for one reason and one reason only, trying to get a gold. I posted a pic of me out front of that gym in the intro thread, but here it is again:

    http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...gher/Bow_1.jpg

    So no, I dont have a huge fight record, only done a few. But I am trying for some wins, and planning on entering k1 and UFC soon enough. Oh, and just as so you know, I have more experience in fighting than just the several months full time I have spent at this gym, I started when I was 14. And was in Army too, machine gunner in the infantry.

    DHNK: Muay Thai shin conditioning is the same as iron palm. Iron Palm that I saw under Grand Master William Chueng back home in Melbourne, they would use sandbags, which did flex slightly. Useing stone and metal is dangerous to the bone joints. Chinese will not do this, it is stupid or misguided if they do. The traditional Muay Thai method is as you say, banana trees. Yet the trees are cut into meter long pieces, and tied to a large wooden tree, and then kicked, so they dont move. Ultimatley, it is pretty much the same as hiting a sandbag, but slightly juicy. The effect is it deadens nerves, like you say, and also increases bone density. I know this for a fact. This is why I mock you guys so much about iron palm. None of you are showing the common knowledge to admit it true, and you say you guyz train? When I first started Muay Thai I would bruise the bones every day, and then have to rest for 3 days or so. Now the bones are harder and stronger, from training, and they never bruise. Iron palm, iron shin, it is the same thing. The impact creates tiny fractures, as it says in fight science, and when the fractures heal, the bones are more solid and dense. As it said in fight science. And as you guys nock fight science vid so much, do you remember, the guys breaking stuff did do some strikes on concrete without the spacers used. Yes, there were not as many bricks, but about 5 or so, i think.

    The fact you guyz dis iron palm so much only shows your lack of training. The ENTIRE Muay Thai and Wushu comunity know it is fact the bones can be strengthened through safe and controled bashing of them. Bones are not dead, they are alive, like muscles. They heal, like muscles. You break em, just a little bit, like weightlifter does to his muscles, then they heal back stronger. Every Muay Thai and Wushu fighter who is competant in their style knows this, the fact you guys dont say your interaction with these comunities is very limited.

    Next time you want to nock someone, take a look in the mirror first and see if you dont need a bit of nockin yourself first.
    Last edited by Tenchu; 2/08/2008 8:43am at .
  10. Tenchu is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    136

    Posted On:
    2/08/2008 8:51am


     Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    How many have you broken?
    I dont think you understand. Dude, these guys talk about ****, they dont do it...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.