Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=RobG]Dude..for some readers I am considered an idiot. Others consider my posts of worth.

The site has gotten better Rob. I second this poster's observation that you bring value to this site. I too am an old fart with a few years under my proverbial belt and I have noticed that over the last year more people are willing to listen and not to flame here.

Credit to Phrost, Sam and the rest of the boys in the boiler room. They have asked for feedback and I notice less of the KUng Fool variety one used to see here. Its like Hatsumi once said: " the idiot will naturally turn away from training that has real value, no censorship needed." I tend to find this principle comforting in the arts. You give somoene something of value either they get it or not, but that is up to them.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you all just read the Pulitzer prize investigatory article written by your's truly on the topic. Yeayyyyy ME!!! Enjoy...

http://www.bullshido.com/articles/di...article-6.html

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prof. Jay is 90 years old.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jkdbuck,

I should have clarified that. Wally Jay made the statement said this after dillman wrote the books in the early 1990's. He wasnt as old then (or perhaps "losing his wits" as you may seem to be implying.)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA / JJ / WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that Prof. Jay had dealing with a lot of different artists... some legit and some Bullshido, because he felt that applying his theories could benefit any art. This was a good and bad thing, good- as it caused many people to realize they need to "check their boat for leaks before going out to sea", bad-as some folks would run with the name and act like the knew SCJJ, giving it a bad name having not actually ever even learned anything from him.

Prof. jay was definitely legit and sadly a lot of wacky folks run around giving him bad name. He was all about cross-training and using thing that only worked and he strongly believed if it didn't work you better go and find something that did.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12