Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New from Ontario, which BJJ?

Hi all, Newbie here.

Many, MANY years ago I trained in Isshinryu here...now I"m researching all the local schools and making a decision for a place the family can train at...build some confidence, fitness and self defense.

There seem to be some decent options (we're in the Windsor area)...

There are two Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu schools here, one with a Purple Belt head instructor awarded via Caique BJJ, and another with a Brown Belt hea instructor awarded under Machado BJJ.

Assuming all thing otherwise equal...how would you select between Caique or Machado?

We're also looking at some other centers with good trainers in Karate and mixed...and I have a loyalty to Mady from my earlier days.

However proximity to college and home, budget and style/quality of training are big factors in making a decsion.

Anybody with insight?

Thanks,

Wayne

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try both, see which you prefer.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, just wondering if those experienced know outstanding differences between the two, style, technique or training wise. ??

Style
    TKD BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There won't be much difference in techniques between the two, but there will likely be a skill difference between a purple and a brown, regardless of the instructor. That said, I agree with earlier posts ... try both, and see who's teaching style matches what you want.