Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 10:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ever heard of this Dojo and Dojo Cho

Hi gents

just wanted to know if any of you heard of this dojo or intructor. the dojo is called Shinken Bujutsu and is located in brooklyn NY. The dojo Cho is named Joe Svaral. He is an ex- genbuken who left the org because he felt the training wasn't live enough. According to some other members on another site he stress test techniques. They train with resistance do randori and spar on a regular basis. He also incorporates BJJ for ground fighting. All this is according to an ex student who now happens to be in the Booj.

I've been wanting to check this dojo out but really haven't had the time due to work and new baby coming. Anyway I am ex booj myself. What a joke that was I'll never try that crappy org again. BTW I never fell into the whole mysticism crap I never said i studied ninjutsu always refered to it as taijutsu. I plan on cross training in muay thai and BJJ over at fighthouse like 2-3x a month, would like to do it more but they are a bit pricey for me right now. I have also studied Kick boxing and muay thai under Kru Luis Maisonet. Currently i'm working out more to get into shape ( had an injury a while ago and gained a bit of weight)

I have heard alot of crap about this forum and honestly think it gets alot of harsh critism by people who are pissed that there MA and teachers are full of Crap. I also think some of the vids I see on youtube from bullshido guys can be a bit childish sometimes but they are hilarious most of the time. They make fun of everyone including themselves. Anyway I posted this for 2 reasons.

1. To get some hopefully biased info on this dojo and dojo cho before i check it out
    2. To introduce myself to what seems like a bunch of MA's that seemto have a wicked sense of humor and call out the BS in the MA world.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys on the mat and you can teach me a few things.

Laterz...:5grouphug

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 1:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nintek
    Hi gents

just wanted to know if any of you heard of this dojo or intructor. the dojo is called Shinken Bujutsu and is located in brooklyn NY. The dojo Cho is named Joe Svaral. He is an ex- genbuken who left the org because he felt the training wasn't live enough. According to some other members on another site he stress test techniques. They train with resistance do randori and spar on a regular basis. He also incorporates BJJ for ground fighting. All this is according to an ex student who now happens to be in the Booj.
    I have heard this too. However, I have never trained there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 8:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    I have heard this too. However, I have never trained there.
    Plama form who did you hear this? Are they credible? Have you heard anything negative about this school or instructr. Also I was interested, what style do you take and which would you recomend.

Thanx

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 3:21pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're way the hell out in Brooklyn. Unless you're up for a serious commute or already live in the area it might not be the best place for you. They had a few videos floating around last year showing some of their training methods, though it looks like they're no longer on Youtube. See if you can find them.

Which Bujinkan group were you training with, if you don't mind me asking?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 5:52am

Style: Taijutsu, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are some videos here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22...utsu-i_extreme

Otherwise, I have no idea about how good they are and so on.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 10:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nintek
    Plama form who did you hear this? Are they credible? Have you heard anything negative about this school or instructr. Also I was interested, what style do you take and which would you recomend.

Thanx

I heard it from an ex-student of his, however, I don't know about their credibility.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 11:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    Which Bujinkan group were you training with, if you don't mind me asking?
    Don't want to mention any names because I disrepect anyone on a public forum. But it was a dojo in mid-town manhattan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 9:54am

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Guys, does anyone have any +or- comments about Shinken Bujutsu Dojo in BK, and/or its Dojo Cho Joseph Svaral?