Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 12:14pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    This is the same deal with Silva constantly grabbing the ropes when he stomped people in Pride and never getting called for it. When a guy is on top of the other guy hitting him in the face, the ref isn't looking at what he's doing with his other hand; he's watching the guy getting hit to see if he's intelligently defending himself and if he needs to stop it. I agree Andre was cheating, but Herb Dean is not at fault there - he was looking exactly where he was supposed to be.
    Agreed, and Andrei used it to his advantage, in a fight it is'nt about following rules it is about winning and what ever you can get away with, you'll use.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also Arlovski/O'Brian is a guy who's boring on the feet vs a guy who's boring on the ground, anybody complaining about it not being on the main card needs their fucking head examined
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Also Arlovski/O'Brian is a guy who's boring on the feet vs a guy who's boring on the ground, anybody complaining about it not being on the main card needs their fucking head examined
    Very true. I mean yea Arvloski has a few subs, but all in all for him to train Sambo, he doesnt do well on the ground. At least not like the greats of Sambo, such as Fedor, or Aleks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    in a fight it is'nt about following rules it is about winning and what ever you can get away with, you'll use.
    Ahh yes, the "Tonya Harding" philosophy.

Rules exist for one simple reason. To define the nature of the contest. Without rules there IS no contest, because there is no way to determine what is and isn't PART of the contest.
    Anything goes means ANYTHING goes. That includes guns, knives, poison, chloroform, rabies, Richard Simmons videos, etc.

Remember, no matter what your personal feelings might be, the UFC is a business venture, not a science experiment. If the program doesn't put asses in seats, it's not gonna fly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselSpleen
    Ahh yes, the "Tonya Harding" philosophy.

Rules exist for one simple reason. To define the nature of the contest. Without rules there IS no contest, because there is no way to determine what is and isn't PART of the contest.
    Anything goes means ANYTHING goes. That includes guns, knives, poison, chloroform, rabies, Richard Simmons videos, etc.

Remember, no matter what your personal feelings might be, the UFC is a business venture, not a science experiment. If the program doesn't put asses in seats, it's not gonna fly.
    And you'll fight how you want just as everyone else. Arlovski just found a lupole to the rules, lol. He got away with it, I really don't think it played a big roll in the win though. I think we owe that credit to the shady ass punch he threw when herb steps away, lol. Hie opponent looked like he was still looking at Herb waiting for him to say go.lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 8:10pm

Style: BJJ-Caique, Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "AA makes me yawn. A classic example of a guy who started hungry, succumbed to his own popularity, and suddenly began fighting "not to lose".

Spot on.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 1:15pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    UFC is clearly hooking up with other MMA organizations of the same gender. I dont think any less of Arlovski for having boring fights, I think a boring fight means your a better fighter then having a wild fight.
    Although WEC is bi, so I'm not sure where that leaves the UFC.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123