Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The UFC is gay.

Former heavyweight champion Andre Arlovski, who has won his last two fights, and, before losing twice to Tim Sylvia, won six consecutive fights (none by decision), is on the undercard. But Chris fucking crybaby Leben and Allessio OMG I won a fight Sakara are on the main card. WTF????

This is the **** that pisses me off about the UFC.

Nice to see Evan Tanner is back, though.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 9:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AA last 2 fights sucked donkey balls, sucked them hard and sucked them long.

Sometimes you have to bench a player to make them perform

Also it's his last fight on his contract and he hasn't resigned yet so no main card for him

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 9:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that the Werdun fight was not exactly an explosive display of exciting awesomeness...but I thought AA finished the fight before that via some nasty ground and pound on a guy that was trying to leg lock him (Silly man, Russians are immune to leg locks, look at Igor Vovchachyn vs. Valentine Overeem).
    And yeah, this is what you get if you don't play ball with Dana.

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 9:33pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Km2UGc0aOI

Arlovski vs Pe de Pano. Watch the last 30 seconds of the fight. You'll notice in the last 13 or 14 seconds, Arlovski is holding onto the cage to 1.) Stop a potential kneebar and 2.) Get leverage to stay on top and wail on Pe de Pano's head. While the irony of Pe de Pano getting his ass beaten by someone blatantly cheating is really quite awesome, Arlovski was still cheating, and the ref should have called him on that. Good job Herb.

Focus: Arlovski has contractual issues with the UFC. This will likely be his last fight for them. Why would they put him on the main card? Instead, they're going to throw him against a guy they're not sure about. If O'Brian wins, he'll be touted as the guy that beat a former world champ and Arlovski can go away for awhile. If he loses, Zuffa can evaluate how to spin that to their advantage (likely burying the fight if it's a decision, or just showing a highlight of it if it's a KO.), or they can reconsider offering Arlovski a better contract. It kind of sucks, but Zuffa is a business, first and foremost.

Personally, I think Arlovski is overrated. He has heavy, quick hands, and usually has good gas for a heavyweight, but I'm not really sure what about his record, other than lack of competition, shows him to be a superstar. I think people show him unfair positive bias simply because he's big and scary looking, and sort of has the look of what people want a champion to be. Does anyone else feel like he hasn't improved at all since his first fight against Tim Sylvia? I think the potential is there, but I just haven't seen it develop.

Compare him to say, Forrest Griffin, who has improved vastly since he brawled his way to winning TUF 1. And yes, it pains me greatly to use him as an example.
    Last edited by Cassius; 2/06/2008 9:42pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    Arlovski vs Pe de Pano. Watch the last 30 seconds of the fight. You'll notice in the last 13 or 14 seconds, Arlovski is holding onto the cage to 1.) Stop a potential kneebar and 2.) Get leverage to stay on top and wail on Pe de Pano's head. While the irony of Pe de Pano getting his ass beaten by someone blatantly cheating is really quite awesome, Arlovski was still cheating, and the ref should have called him on that. Good job Herb.
    This is the same deal with Silva constantly grabbing the ropes when he stomped people in Pride and never getting called for it. When a guy is on top of the other guy hitting him in the face, the ref isn't looking at what he's doing with his other hand; he's watching the guy getting hit to see if he's intelligently defending himself and if he needs to stop it. I agree Andre was cheating, but Herb Dean is not at fault there - he was looking exactly where he was supposed to be.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 10:16pm

Style: Depraved Indifference

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes Dana is a fucking nickel pinching scumbag. Bringz out my inner Nazi a little. Can't hate on him otherwise. (prediction: A mad Scotsman will pwn him and his "business")

See: This is Lesbos
    Last edited by Dade_Murphy; 2/06/2008 10:19pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what else is really gay? High fiving.

THEY DO IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 10:24pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wow i've never seen that fight before.

That was pretty unfair.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:12pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arlovski was BLASTING that guy in the back of the head, nevermind the cage hold. Lesnar didnt come close to that ****.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and for his effort Arlovski doesn't get a title shot, but the guy he beat in that horribly boring borefest of a boring fight, Werdum, does.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast