Posted On:
    2/05/2008 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone knows of "Cai yuth" or "thai yuth"

Hello everybody,

Has anyone heard of trained in a thailand self-defence system called "Cai Yuth" or "Thai Yuth", on the internet I can only find something about a thai youth center and some italian krabi krabong practicers who have unfortunaly a bad wrap on an other MA site/forum.

Greetz

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2008 4:01pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The words don't ring any bell. Is it hand-combat or weapons? If weapons, what kind?

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 1:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It should be unarmed self-defence techniques using primarly the elbows, but I'm starting to think from the google searches that it's a new made "system".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 8:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be thinking of "Muay Chaiya", an old style from 250 years ago. Google for that and see if it's what you're thinking of.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 3:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Anza,

A friend of mine mailed this link
    http://www.mauriziomaltese.it/isam/thai_yuth.htm

It's in Italian, but I could read it a little ( studied Spanish and French ), it seems that some italian Muay Thai and Krabi Krabong practicers invented it and giving it a historical background.

About the style that you menchant, it's one of the 4 styles of Muay Boran.

see wikipedia:

"Muay Boran, which translates to "Ancient Boxing", is the predecessor to Muay Thai.
    Muay Boran's form is quite efficient, in that it maximizes the amount of damage that each blow can inflict, and effective, in that it can easily lead to the death or serious injury of the opponent. Most notably, Muay Boran emphasizes the use of extremely powerful elbow and knee techniques, and combinations thereof, always thrown at full force and speed, with the intent to overcome one's adversary as quickly as possible, because another one might already be coming close or attacking.

Muay Boran was eventually categorized into Muay Thasao (North), Muay Korat (Eastern or North-East), Muay Lopburi (Central) and Muay Chaiya (South). There is the phrase "Punch Korat, Wit Lopburi, Posture Chaiya, Faster Thasao""

Thank you very much for your help,

Greetz

Zendokan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. Babelfish mangled it beyond recognition :-) I wonder if it really includes gymnastics and yoga in the system as well. You might also want to look at "Keysi Fighting Systems" if you're into this elbow thing.

I had one regret while I was growing up in Thailand --- my mom didn't let me train Krabi Krabong ... sigh ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 10:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bagua / Xingyi / JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about this: http://www.thaiyuthcenter.com/thaiyuth/102007/

I think we have seen some videos from these guys before which didn't go down too well
    with the sport muay thai guys around here

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Chaiya

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The link that you mention above seems very odd. I'm sure that it is not connected to Kru Preang's Muay Chiaya group (Siam Yuth) in Bangkok.... Hopefully in a few weeks they'll have filled out their site with a lot more information about who they are, as it is full of dead links at the moment... :-)

Posted On:
    8/24/2008 3:05am

Style: Muay Thai/IMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I have trained with one the chief instructors, Ajarn Wanchat. He is very knowledgeable in Old style Muay Thai, Krabi Krabong and other arts as well. Much of his old style has alot of Muay Lopburi influence. It is quite different from Muay Chaiya in which I also trained in Bangkok. He is the Thai police cadets main instructor in hand to hand combat. The style's top practitioner is Arjan Jakkapok. He spends most of his time in Chiang Mai and leaves most of the teaching duties to Arjarn Wanchat and a few other instructors. They meet in a secluded part of Lumpinni park. He's a rough guy, but very talented.

Untarai

www.muaythaiokc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    Hello everybody,

Has anyone heard of trained in a thailand self-defence system called "Cai Yuth" or "Thai Yuth", on the internet I can only find something about a thai youth center and some italian krabi krabong practicers who have unfortunaly a bad wrap on an other MA site/forum.

Greetz
    Last edited by Untarai; 8/24/2008 3:13am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2011 9:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thai Yuth

I also trained in ThaiYuth (Muay Thasao) about 20 years ago at the Polo Club across from Lumpini park. At that time they had classes there but it was canceled 4-5 years after I left for the USA. ThaiYuth is not to be mistakened with SiamYuth which is Muay Chaiya. Ajarn Jakapok's son (P' Ton) was the head instructor at the Polo Club branch. I was only 15-16 years old back then and Ajarn Jakapok's son was still attending school. It is a great martial art which includes locking and breaking techniques, throwing techniques, and Krabi Krabong. They now have branches in Chiangmai, Phuket, Nonthaburi, and several around Bangkok like the YWCA, Horwang, and Lumpini. As a matter of fact, they are looking to expand to the USA, Europe, and Australia when opportunity presents itself. P' Ton is currently remodeling the thaiyuthcenter.com website but there are other parts of the site that can be accessed as shown below:

http://social.thaiyuthcenter.com
    http://forums.thaiyuthcenter.com/

and on this link under Gallery03 last picture, I am standing on the far right hand. That is the Polo Club Class 20 years ago before it was canceled.
    http://thaiyuthcenter.com/thaiyuth/img/
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/13/2011 9:18am at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast