Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hsing Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo use to have atemi blows(strikes to the body) in order to distract the opponent with the pain in the struck area then they applied the throw or lock quickly. Not everyone no how to fight and yes there are people that will grab your hand or shoulder

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 3:21pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbear
    The perfomance wushu are the fruits of what China has done to it's own art. The communist killed and imprisoned the wu xing(without the jumping around gy mnastic crap we see) they deemed it dangerous to learn and were afraid of rebellion. If you know history the chinese are known for thousands of year of hostility towards gov't powers. There are very few alive that practice the wu xing boxing. And they will not teach what they know fully. They only teach people these static stances we see in this youtube clip and usually don't show applications of these forms...I know the word "form" is a taboo here but however with my experience real fights don't use wide stances like these wushu guy are doing. Kicking should always be low preferable below the waist not like those kung fu clowns that been failing in UFC and MMA matches. Martial Arts was started by trully skillful men and as generations pass the Art becomes just a dance. Every style goes through a phase first Karate-Judo-Kungfu-Aikido-boxing-wrestling.... A long list of fads. No matter what sooner or later someone might invent a counter style to BJJ or MMA and then people jump on that bandwagon.
    I sincerely doubt theres some type of Wu Xing Boxing that very few people alive know, and they are somehow not teaching people the amazing knowledge fully. Sounds like a bad jet li movie. My personal take is that Kung Fu Forms were meant to keep the user limber and in shape. Theres only a handful of applyable punches and kicks I dont think its going to change anytime soon. The name brazillian jiu jitsu is a fad, but the techniques used arent exclusive to that style, they obviously came from Japanese Jiu Jitsu, then that came from some other martial art, which proves that at one time they were applyable. I guarantee applyable traditional martial arts look just like MMA. I find it hard to believe they could have challenge fights and so much honor lieing around that they'd try to use a bunch of wushu nonsense on eachother.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123