Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:39pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see crazy kung fu guys fight eachother using there BS. I think thats the only time crazy kung fu works, is against welll....other crazy kung fu.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, what is the problem with this. In reading through the youtube comments I didn't see anywhere in there where the guy who posted the vid (more than a year ago) stated that what he was practicing or demonstrating was "anti-grapple", "teh d43dly", effective self-defense, or anything but a form performance for the style of IMA he is apparently studying.

He actually writes that the stuff would not work against a skilled martial artist or MMA type fighter.

It is what it is. No need to make it something it isn't or put words in the mouth of the guy who posted the vid.

We can toss a whole **** load of "HaR hAr HAr, that iz stoopidz akidoesque wrist grabs and performance wushu which is uzless in teh str33ts.....suc a dick China!!! LOLOL!!!LOLO!!1111". But why, did I miss something? I didn't see anyone claim that is was anything more than what it actually is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:05am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool music. I do find it weird that one of them looks like the non Joe Pesci villian from home alone.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hsing Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys only look like they are trying to apply they're moves in the two man. They just need to practice more. ...

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:15am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all of the "har har hars" and other comments aside, 2:14 is teh uber gay let's-hold-each-other's-hands-above-our-heads-and-look-into-each-other's-eyes wristlock

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    I want to see crazy kung fu guys fight eachother using there BS. I think thats the only time crazy kung fu works, is against welll....other crazy kung fu.
    Potential to be epic. Put 2 Kung Fu masters in a giant cage with broken glass and lava on the ground and 3 other netutral Kung Fu guys without much experience who will attack both guys at random. Also find a way to have things like rain, earthquakes and Sharks play a role.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hsing Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The perfomance wushu are the fruits of what China has done to it's own art. The communist killed and imprisoned the wu xing(without the jumping around gy mnastic crap we see) they deemed it dangerous to learn and were afraid of rebellion. If you know history the chinese are known for thousands of year of hostility towards gov't powers. There are very few alive that practice the wu xing boxing. And they will not teach what they know fully. They only teach people these static stances we see in this youtube clip and usually don't show applications of these forms...I know the word "form" is a taboo here but however with my experience real fights don't use wide stances like these wushu guy are doing. Kicking should always be low preferable below the waist not like those kung fu clowns that been failing in UFC and MMA matches. Martial Arts was started by trully skillful men and as generations pass the Art becomes just a dance. Every style goes through a phase first Karate-Judo-Kungfu-Aikido-boxing-wrestling.... A long list of fads. No matter what sooner or later someone might invent a counter style to BJJ or MMA and then people jump on that bandwagon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 1:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm almost absolutely sure this isn't an anti-grappling demonstration. It just looks like forms followed by some form of tai chi pushing hands...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 1:52am

Style: brazillian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3:22 to about 4:16 has some weird leg takedown stuff. Not a sprawl in sight. Also, I took a martial art (one I'm not proud of) for years that taught a lot of "grab my wrist" stuff. Is this really a problem? Do real fights start with people grabbing wrists? Yes, I know about wrist locks, but really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 2:05am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe they should diversify from TMA into Bonds. WU DANG FINANCIAL!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast