Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 6:37pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey
    As much as I am a proponent of checking out different schools, Khun Kao is right M-Tri.

On paper it looks like it is only 30 minutes, but you have to remember we are in the top 5 worst traffic areas in the country. To commute to Arlington in the venings to make class times means traversing rush hour, which around here bumps the drive up to a solid hour and a half to two hours.

Maybe hitting Ryan up on a weekend or something is feasible... but I doubt it will be during the week.
    I was going to post essentially the same answer, but Raging Monkey beat me to it. 30 minutes apart? That's VERY wishful thinking, even if you know all the alternate routes. 30 minutes on the weekend *might* be doable, but during the week? 45 minutes would be lucky!

That said, Ryan is a great guy and awesome coach. If you *are* in Arlington, you should check him out, and as long as you're there, also check out NoVA MMA which is also in Arlington. That's Jeff Ruth's school and a great place for BJJ and Judo. Their Boxing & Muay Thai programs are top-notch as well!

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 6:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I too am not a huge fan of the marketing tactics of LI, but I by no means let that influence my opinion of the quality of his instruction and schools. I think he stands by his marketing stuff because it gets him results and helps him expand his business.

RonanPimp, who posts here, just got his black belt from Lloyd Irvin. I think his only comment in response to anything marketing related was "rolling with Lloyd is like getting hit by a bus".

Lloyd is a fantastic, innovative instructor with a great competition team in BJJ and some MMA, and he is top notch. He trained Rhadi Ferguson for the Olympics in Judo, if you know that from your judo background. Lloyd built Mike Fowler and his competition greatness, as well as Ryan Hall and his competition greatness.

You are at a very top notch school, despite what anyone may say on here. Have fun and good luck training.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2009 11:12pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Founder of College Park Mixed Martial Arts Style: BJJ, San Shou, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you all know Ryan is no longer Lloyd Irving. You can also check my place out :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 6:17pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....or you can come train in my basement with Shadowdean (for Muay Thai, that is...)

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2009 1:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Irvin is a marketing expert. Its annoying, but easy to avoid. Just don't sign up to receive it. He's the real deal when it comes to MMA and BJJ and it will become apparent that he's not motivated by money in the services he provides to students. I'm a member and have yet to receive anything but guidance and support for Irvin and his affiliates. Not one marketing email either.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234