Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 3:11pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Khun Kao,

Do you know anything about the Crazy 88s location in Elkridge? This was the location I was asked to scope out...

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 5:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am joining crazy 88 tonight. It really seems like a friendly and good group of guys that train there. Additionally, they go to tournaments at least every other month, if not every month. The prices are fair, the school is clean and the owner is very professional. Come down and try it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 6:23pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will pass that along...

Hit me up with rates when you get them?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 6:34pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that gym. Can someone provide a link? Who's coaching there?

THANKS!

Posted On:
    2/14/2008 8:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Web site is www.88BJJ.com . Did the no gi last night, class was about 1 1/2 hours long with close to 40 minutes of sparring. The school is nice.

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 10:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was seriously considering joining Lloyd Irvin's school in camp springs. But there was one HUGE turn off. They were the "invitation only" classes. What a load of crap. I was willing to pay the montly dues with or without contracts. But once I pay, I expect to be able to participate in any class I choose not hope to get "invited" to join in a particular class I'm interested in. I am a Judo player and would like to learn Sambo. It seems to me that there are no AUTHENTIC Sambo instruction in all of the D.C. metro area. Straford Sombo was the real deal but as far as I know they no longer exist. Too bad. As far as Lloyd Irvin goes. I'm sure his schools have excellent instruction. But the exclusive invite classes seems childish and gimmicky.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 11:03pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't find it gimmicky... invite only classes are there for a reason. We train hard in the regular classes, but the invite-only classes are a whole other level of intensity.

It ensures that the guys who want to push themselves can do so in an environment with those of like minds. I personally have never seen anyone excluded that pushed themselves, showed interest and strived to give the training 100%.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been a student of Lloyd Irvin's since 1997. I can't recommend his Camp Springs location enough. He is a brilliant instructor and coach, plus Mike Fowler will be teaching there again full time in 2009.

Crazy 88 is also a great place to train. Julius Park and Danny Ives run a great program there.

I train at both places and at Top Flight Martial Arts in Aberdeen, MD too (another team Lloyd Irvin affiliated school run by Ron Stallings).

Raging Monkey is correct, the invitation only classes are not for everybody for very good reasons.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 6:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case I, take back my criticism of the "invite only" classes. It does make sense. I plan on trainning as hard as I can but not to the level I once did. I'm 40 now and my job is physically demanding. I can't risk injury for that reason. So I may not ever qualify for the high intesity classes. Next week I plan on giving it a shot and try their 30 day free trial. Perhaps Lloyd Irvin's Academy is as good as I've heard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 10:47am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, I am sure you will enjoy it!

Oh, and Phil when are you going to get that Brown Belt tag changed?!?! =)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast