Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 11:16am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If TRS indeed did that, why are they still marketing Ray's original vids the exact same way they have since he did them 10 years ago?

Notice they changed nothing and they kept the bs creds and experience up, yet Ray did more work with them.

Honestly, my opinion is that Ray could care less what TRS did or said as long as the checks rolled in. When called on the bs, he blamed TRS. Notice Ray fails to address most of Sam's requests, most notable these two:

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning

1) I've asked Ray to reproduce a copy of his contract with TRS in which it states they have control over advertising.

2) Alternately Ray could produce an affidavit in which he attests to what he specifically told Bob Pierce about his background back in 1990 or 1991 when this tape set was first produced.

Either, or both of these steps would help resolve who decided to make what claims.

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 2:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once the term "affidavit" and "contract" copies demaned are out there., it really becomes a legal issue. I spoke with my attorney and he said contract law etc may prevent some talent from disclosing their deals publically., Try and get Brad Pitt's contract on something. Also Affidavit implies there is a judge of some sort., to determine the affidavit's content being either truthful or not. With the words slander and liable coming up as well. I just thought in this country people are innocent until proven guilty., and you seem to have been judge and jury and even carried out this "internet" sentence by determining guilt. I guess you think you've served justice in some way? Not sure what the end result is., but publishing people pictures up here like some wierd wanted poster., along with your accusations is going to get someone hurt. I hope that is not your intention.

You really should turn your attention to the company who controls all final decision on marketing. It's like that on all film and telelvision producers and productions too., the distributor will reedit the whole film -the director doesn't even get a say unless it's spielberg or someone like that., and they also say whatever they want on the box and posters etc., and the foreign versions are even worse. Anyway., Thanks for replying and letting me post my "2 cents" worth.

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 2:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Ray's response was quite clear. and should have been sufficient. At least he took the time to write something., I wouldn't be jumping through your hoops demanding affidavits etc., either. Really! I would have either not responded at all or wrote an F-Off email :)

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 9:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mypaiges
    Once the term "affidavit" and "contract" copies demaned are out there., it really becomes a legal issue. I spoke with my attorney and he said contract law etc may prevent some talent from disclosing their deals publically., Try and get Brad Pitt's contract on something. Also Affidavit implies there is a judge of some sort., to determine the affidavit's content being either truthful or not. With the words slander and liable coming up as well. I just thought in this country people are innocent until proven guilty., and you seem to have been judge and jury and even carried out this "internet" sentence by determining guilt. I guess you think you've served justice in some way? Not sure what the end result is., but publishing people pictures up here like some wierd wanted poster., along with your accusations is going to get someone hurt. I hope that is not your intention.

You really should turn your attention to the company who controls all final decision on marketing. It's like that on all film and telelvision producers and productions too., the distributor will reedit the whole film -the director doesn't even get a say unless it's spielberg or someone like that., and they also say whatever they want on the box and posters etc., and the foreign versions are even worse. Anyway., Thanks for replying and letting me post my "2 cents" worth.
    Hi Mypaiges:

Are you Ray's employee, girlfriend or wife? Or a shill for Bob Pierce?

Next on to your comments. "Innocent until proven guilty". That's the standard in a criminal proceding, not a civil action for defamation. Since Ray is a movie actor and has been featured in a line of martial arts tapes he is a public person for the purposes of this controversy. He would therefore have to show malice on the part of Bullshido which would involve a reckless or intentional distortion of the facts. Ray has admitted that the "facts" alleged by TRS about his "bounty hunting career" are wrong. So we are now arguing about why these facts are wrong.

Your attorney is correct that there is yet no pending action however I still prefer affidavits because I believe sworn testimony is more reliable that unsworn testimony. I provided two ways that Ray could support his argument that it is TRS's fault not his own. You then try to blame us for 1) not investigating TRS and 2) you offer excuses why Ray can't provide a copy of his contract when it appears you haven't even looked at this document.

Personally I don't care if this contract has a non-disclosure provision because Ray has already disclosed some of the wording. Therefore he could already be found in breach of such a provision. Since he's provided some information he might as well reprint a scan of the page(s) of the contract which deal with TRS's sole control over the publicity for this tape. It would certainly help out his argument.

Not sure what the end result is., but publishing people pictures up here like some wierd wanted poster., along with your accusations is going to get someone hurt.
    Were you on drugs when you wrote this? You appear to have become unmoored from reality. Who's going to get hurt?

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 9:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Ray's response was quite clear. and should have been sufficient. At least he took the time to write something., I wouldn't be jumping through your hoops demanding affidavits etc., either. Really! I would have either not responded at all or wrote an F-Off email :)
    Well when you have your own line of TRS tapes let us know :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2008 2:44am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings mypaiges!

First question I'd have to ask is why you spoke to your lawyer about this? This is not a court procedure or tribunal, and there has been no "sentencing" as there will be no punishment or retribution for any of his actions. What has happened here is there has been an examining of whatever facts are available and the fine people on this site have expressed opinions and conclusions they have drawn for themselves based on these facts. I don't know how, in your world, an investigation and discussion on the internet translates into some kind of material tribunal, what you think the consequences will be or why you think someone will be physically threatened by this. If you would care to elaborate, please do.

Ray has responded in a candid, respectful manner and has been dealt within kind. The questions posed have been extremely reasonable and he is under no obligation to provide any paperwork. Samuel suggested that he post this documentation as it would help to support his argument, and I fail to see how you would see this suggestion as binding in any way.

If you actually read the thread you would see that the company in question was already addressed (in the same respectful, non-aggressive manner) and dismissed due to their refusal to co-operate. Once again this is their choice, and would not result in retribution or "justice" in any kind. How do you know that directors and producers - and Ray in particular - have no say in the marketing of the product?

I find your response to this thread needlessly melodramatic, please do not accuse the bullshidoka of even implicitly offering threat to Mr Ellingsen as if you read the thread in its entirety you would see that this is most certainly not the case and the idea would result in unnecessary stress to all parties involved.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789