Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    Turning on your side doesn't protect you from punches from both directions (only against one arm), and that sort of shabby defence is quickly broken down by continued hammerfists.

In the end you know what counts? The fact that no matter how poorly Mir defended against those punches...

He got the win. Lesnar go embarassed. He didnt even amke it through the first round. LOL.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    I have, and you're full of ****.
    Okay, ICY, the above is true, but you probably do deserve a /little/ more explanation than "you're full of ****."

I just rewatched the fight just to make sure I'm correct, and here's what happens -

Lesnar takes Mir down, Mir underhooks the leg and tucks his head into Lesnar's hip, just like you're supposed to. Lesnar starts hitting him, a couple shots land on the side/back of the head. On rewatching it with the volume up, I can hear Mazagatti yell something at this point, but I honestly can't hear what it was.

After Mazagatti yells, Lesnar does what he's supposed to, shoves Frank's head away from his body. Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.

You can argue all you want about whether the standup was warranted or how it all affected the fight or how the next fight might go, but Mir was /not/ just "turtling up", he was intelligently defending himself, tucking his head, and working for underhooks the entire time.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 8:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, ICY, the above is true, but you probably do deserve a /little/ more explanation than "you're full of ****."

I just rewatched the fight just to make sure I'm correct, and here's what happens -

Lesnar takes Mir down, Mir underhooks the leg and tucks his head into Lesnar's hip, just like you're supposed to. Lesnar starts hitting him, a couple shots land on the side/back of the head. On rewatching it with the volume up, I can hear Mazagatti yell something at this point, but I honestly can't hear what it was.

After Mazagatti yells, Lesnar does what he's supposed to, shoves Frank's head away from his body. Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.

You can argue all you want about whether the standup was warranted or how it all affected the fight or how the next fight might go, but Mir was /not/ just "turtling up", he was intelligently defending himself, tucking his head, and working for underhooks the entire time.
    ...and add this clear analysis to Mazza-stashoes point that Mir shouldn't have to worry about defending the back of his head if he's defending himself properly (which he was IMO) and you have a warning/stoppage. If the ref feels it necessary, he wouldn't have to issue a warning, just break the action a la. Renzo va Shamrock and stand them up.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't argue with any of this, he was TRYING, it just wasn't WORKING.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 10:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't argue with any of this, he was TRYING, it just wasn't WORKING.
    Mir was not defending the way Mazzacrappi says he was. He didn't get underhooks and stuff his head in Brock's armpit, he just turned sideways, toward a fetal position. Shitty reffing.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 2:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about right at the end. This thread is about a 5 second space of time. You can try and deflect and whatever, but it's just not about that.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 3:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just watched the fight. i saw two taps to the back of the head that probably wouldn't have been called if it were any other match. i guess they were just worried about franks head exploding if brock hit it too hard.
    :new_all_c

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 3:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    just watched the fight. i saw two taps to the back of the head that probably wouldn't have been called if it were any other match. i guess they were just worried about franks head exploding if brock hit it too hard.
    there's video available from another angle that shows a total of 5 shots.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The angle shows that he's hitting downward, but from other angles, it's clear that he's hitting downward AT THE SIDE OF THE HEAD.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 4:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about right at the end. This thread is about a 5 second space of time. You can try and deflect and whatever, but it's just not about that.
    Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast