Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last
  1. #91
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,412
    Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    Turning on your side doesn't protect you from punches from both directions (only against one arm), and that sort of shabby defence is quickly broken down by continued hammerfists.

    In the end you know what counts? The fact that no matter how poorly Mir defended against those punches...

    He got the win. Lesnar go embarassed. He didnt even amke it through the first round. LOL.

  2. #92
    Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round supporting member
    Fighting Cephalopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,982
    Style
    ZHOO ZHITSU
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    I have, and you're full of ****.
    Okay, ICY, the above is true, but you probably do deserve a /little/ more explanation than "you're full of ****."

    I just rewatched the fight just to make sure I'm correct, and here's what happens -

    Lesnar takes Mir down, Mir underhooks the leg and tucks his head into Lesnar's hip, just like you're supposed to. Lesnar starts hitting him, a couple shots land on the side/back of the head. On rewatching it with the volume up, I can hear Mazagatti yell something at this point, but I honestly can't hear what it was.

    After Mazagatti yells, Lesnar does what he's supposed to, shoves Frank's head away from his body. Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.

    You can argue all you want about whether the standup was warranted or how it all affected the fight or how the next fight might go, but Mir was /not/ just "turtling up", he was intelligently defending himself, tucking his head, and working for underhooks the entire time.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

  3. #93
    theotherserge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458
    Style
    sambo/crossfit
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Okay, ICY, the above is true, but you probably do deserve a /little/ more explanation than "you're full of ****."

    I just rewatched the fight just to make sure I'm correct, and here's what happens -

    Lesnar takes Mir down, Mir underhooks the leg and tucks his head into Lesnar's hip, just like you're supposed to. Lesnar starts hitting him, a couple shots land on the side/back of the head. On rewatching it with the volume up, I can hear Mazagatti yell something at this point, but I honestly can't hear what it was.

    After Mazagatti yells, Lesnar does what he's supposed to, shoves Frank's head away from his body. Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.

    You can argue all you want about whether the standup was warranted or how it all affected the fight or how the next fight might go, but Mir was /not/ just "turtling up", he was intelligently defending himself, tucking his head, and working for underhooks the entire time.
    ...and add this clear analysis to Mazza-stashoes point that Mir shouldn't have to worry about defending the back of his head if he's defending himself properly (which he was IMO) and you have a warning/stoppage. If the ref feels it necessary, he wouldn't have to issue a warning, just break the action a la. Renzo va Shamrock and stand them up.

  4. #94
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,417
    Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can argue all you want about whether the standup was warranted or how it all affected the fight or how the next fight might go, but Mir was /not/ just "turtling up", he was intelligently defending himself, tucking his head, and working for underhooks the entire time.
    I didn't argue with any of this, he was TRYING, it just wasn't WORKING.

  5. #95
    Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round supporting member
    Fighting Cephalopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,982
    Style
    ZHOO ZHITSU
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    I didn't argue with any of this, he was TRYING, it just wasn't WORKING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    Mir was not defending the way Mazzacrappi says he was. He didn't get underhooks and stuff his head in Brock's armpit, he just turned sideways, toward a fetal position. Shitty reffing.
    12345
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

  6. #96
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,417
    Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about right at the end. This thread is about a 5 second space of time. You can try and deflect and whatever, but it's just not about that.

  7. #97
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just watched the fight. i saw two taps to the back of the head that probably wouldn't have been called if it were any other match. i guess they were just worried about franks head exploding if brock hit it too hard.
    :new_all_c

  8. #98
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    just watched the fight. i saw two taps to the back of the head that probably wouldn't have been called if it were any other match. i guess they were just worried about franks head exploding if brock hit it too hard.
    there's video available from another angle that shows a total of 5 shots.

  9. #99
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,417
    Style
    Snatch Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The angle shows that he's hitting downward, but from other angles, it's clear that he's hitting downward AT THE SIDE OF THE HEAD.

  10. #100
    Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round supporting member
    Fighting Cephalopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,982
    Style
    ZHOO ZHITSU
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    I was talking about right at the end. This thread is about a 5 second space of time. You can try and deflect and whatever, but it's just not about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Frank pummels for an underhook, gets it, then Lesnar sits up away from the underhook and shoves down on Frank's arm/shoulder with his hand, /pushing him into turtled position/, after which he unloads with a direct shot to the back of the head.
    12345
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO