Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 9:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo /MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grappler's Edge

Good instructors, Great work out. :wanim It would be nice if they gave a discount if you took both MT and grappling but other than that I have no complaints.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So their grappling and striking instruction is on par with the best in the world?. More information please.

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 10:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo /MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "2 Members winning a Gold and a Silver at the 2007 World Grappling Championships (better than any other school in the World)", Acording to their site. I have not trained there long and have not trained any place else in the word so I guess I will have to take their word for best in the world

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 6:28am

Style: gracie-jiu-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are other schools on par with grapplers edge in denver-try nate marquarts school in aurora-more affordable and better teaching-pete spatt

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 6:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "More affordable than Grappler's Edge"?...Wow. How much was it when you started, (or someone you know) I am very interested.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2010 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, grappling, aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classes are generally small but intense in the striking classes. Grappling classes tend to be bigger (more popular) and there are some serious athletes there regularly. The school is small, no frills but intense. You want beautiful locker rooms? Weights? Saunas? Etc... go elsewhere. You want good, affordable training? You're in the right spot.

You grapple full speed in just about every class (at end). In the boxing or muay thai classes, you spar when the coaches (not you) say you're ready but you will likely do offense/defense contact drills in every session. MMA guys (who are given approval by the coaches) are allowed to spar MMA too.

You want to develop your guard game in a hurry? Go elsewhere. This is not a strict BJJ school. The grappling devotes equal time to standing as it does to ground work. The thought being, if you can control if/when the fight goes to the ground, and secure advantageous position when it does, you're better off in the long run.

There are several former D-1 wrestlers training there and some former Olympic caliber judoka as well. If takedowns, throws and the defenses to both are something you value, you'll find it at Grapplers Edge.

"Tom" Yoshida and Aaron Williams are two of the best (and most under appreciated) striking coaches in town. Period.

Bottom line, you can try everything for free and if you like it... sign up. If not, it only cost you a few hours.