Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 12:52am

Style: Depraved Indifference

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Will a Professional Boxer or Wrestler Ever Break Into MMA

So far MMA has a few glowing problems. (read b4 flaming) #1 It had been bought and consolidated by a fucking douche, Namely Dana White. #2 Said douche manipulates the cards to create mediocre yet ongoing cards. #3 There is no money in MMA compared to Professional Wrestling or Boxing (which is the main fu<kup in a Capitalist soceity) #4 No ranking rule system/ commision insomuch that a ranked fighter should be forced to defend against a contender. (the current system has no power, is retarded and innefectual at best)

I have always wondered, in my warped mind, what would happen if MMA actually functioned like it should. Where the prize money was equivalent to boxing... they could get the same turnout. Where the commission wasn't owned, literally. Where upcoming fighters got fights based on their rank not theri mouth, or compliance to a reality show.

I imagine what someone like The Big Show could have done if he had started training to actually fight at a young age. I imagine the wrath of Mike Tyson if he had known ground and pound. These are a mere shadow of the possibilities....

In the current state of MMA, there is no incentive for the biggest and or best to step into an octagon. It is improving as the money pours in. However, for our generation, Dana is worse to MMA than Don King squared. We still haven't rid ourselves of Don King... when will Dana go. Mabe then the actuality of the Best will be known.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 12:58am

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is money in pro wrestling? Huh, could have fooled me. Considering that there are many indy wrestlig feds that go out of business because there weren't enough tickets sold and not enough DVDs and other merchandise sold at the merch table. Hell, IWA Deep South just went under (not to be confuse with IWA: Mid South headed by Ian Rotten, which came close to closing up shop many times).

And considering that the biggest and most widely known American indy fed, Ring Of Honor, just announced cut backs with using talent and the fact that their ppvs did really poorly with buyrates and didn't lead to higher DVD sales. Oh, and ticket sales haven't gone up either. They went down if I am not mistaken.

Trust me, there is more money in MMA right now than in pro wrestling in America, unless you are WWE and POSSIBLY TNA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok there... I wasn't talkin about redneck wrasslin or mexican wrestling or any other nonsense. Clip your mullet and try again.

I nominate this for the dumbass redneck tag
    Last edited by Dade_Murphy; 2/03/2008 1:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade_Murphy
    Ok there... I wasn't talkin about redneck wrasslin or mexican wrestling or any other nonsense. Clip your mullet and try again.
    Then what the **** were you talking about? You specifically mentioned professional wrestling, and you even named "Big Show" Paul Wight. And if you noticed, I didn't mention the lucha libre scene.

How about you put down the bong and actually know what the **** you are talking about! Or even REMEMBER what you were talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "There is money in pro wrestling? Huh, could have fooled me. Considering that there are many indy wrestlig feds that go out of business because there weren't enough tickets sold and not enough DVDs and other merchandise sold at the merch table. Hell, IWA Deep South just went under (not to be confuse with IWA: Mid South headed by Ian Rotten, which came close to closing up shop many times)."

This is the most retarded thing ever posted...take your time and read it again, mabe you'll figure it out.... well nevermind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade_Murphy
    "There is money in pro wrestling? Huh, could have fooled me. Considering that there are many indy wrestlig feds that go out of business because there weren't enough tickets sold and not enough DVDs and other merchandise sold at the merch table. Hell, IWA Deep South just went under (not to be confuse with IWA: Mid South headed by Ian Rotten, which came close to closing up shop many times)."

This is the most retarded thing ever posted...take your time and read it again, mabe you'll figure it out.... well nevermind.
    Or you can stop being such a fucking troll, and learn some READING comprehension, and to put down the bong. I find it hard to believe that you totally forgot that one of the points of you initial post was that there is money in pro wrestling. You mentioned it in your post. How fucking retarded can you be??

"#3 There is no money in MMA compared to Professional Wrestling or Boxing (which is the main fu<kup in a Capitalist soceity)"

There is what you said, word-for-word.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:34am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) As much as dana smells so ever so sweetly of vinegar and vaginal discharge, it has only been extremely recently that the UFC has been pulling in serious money, and it really is the flaming douches doing that that money is even there. He really is though.

2) Totally unfair. the UFC has been going out of there way to give us the best fighs possible. Look at what is happening in the lightweight division. **** it, look at what is happening in every division except the heavywieghts. Exactly what fight are you not seeing?

3) See point 1. it's only been 3 years since the UFC was on the brink of bankruptcy. It bugs me how little some of these guys are making, but that seems to be turning around fast.

4) true, and not sustainable, but as long as 2) remains the case, it will work in the short term.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HappyOG (ur tag here on out) - Did you know that Dana was a wealthy kid... or did that get washed away by his retarded look. Yes his daddy was fucking wealthy, I went to prestigious NE prep schools and know his decerebrate family. Not personally mind you, but by reputation. Notice his wiki page makes his look like a self made man. We'll fix this soon.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 1:56am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know that, but it's not a big surprise. I thought even the "official" story was that he was pretty much of a flake till he got lucky betting on buying the UFC with the Fertittas money.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 2:02am

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dade, relax my bro, relax.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast