Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 5:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That fight will throw the common conception about JKD on its head lol!

Boetsch isn't teh r3al JKD cause his legs are both the same length.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Nog held him down in cross-side pretty well initially. You know who does cross-side better than a really accomplished BJJ practitioner?... A really accomplished Wrestler. They know how to use their hips and weight to hold a guy down. They have to to win a match. If Lesnar gets a takedown on Sylvia, I think he'll hold him down pretty well.
    You just watched Lesnar get very nearly finished with an armbar from top side control. He was posturing up with no control of Mir's body and throwing weak shots while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    well, i can't get the video file converted right so no .gif of the sweep, but i still say it looks like a Plan B half-guard sweep.
    Since Nog was kicking arse using this kind of stuff for years before some stoner started insulting the way he wins multiple world titles, I kind of resist using the terminology in this case. However, if we must, that was much closer to an electric chair.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh the Mazagatti standup of Mir and Lesnar, if you listen he gives a warning before he takes the point away. I also read an interview of him yesterday and he basically says that he hates punches to the back of the head more than life itself and is more than willing to take points for it because they can be dangerous. In light of that I think it was a good standup, not that Lesnar was doing a ton of damage with those shitty hammerfists anyway.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011