Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 5:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Things to do in Houston when you're dead... In March.

I'm being sent to a training for work at the beginning of March. I will be in the vicinity of Rice College with unknown means of transportation.

Where can a guy pick up some practice in the area for a few days?
    Last edited by Tenebrous; 2/02/2008 6:16pm at .
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:08pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training for work? Whats your job? Why do you get relocated to learn how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    Training for work? Whats your job? Why do you get relocated to learn how to do it?
    The work training sucks and is a pointless exercise in appeasing our board members.

I'm looking for places to roll instead of going to my training.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets see...

You're, I'd guess, a 20 minute or so drive from Elite Martial Arts; a great group of guys, they do BJJ, Kickboxing, FMA, anything you can imagine. They have a whole mess of classes throughout various times, and I think are somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bucks a month.

A longer drive (i.e, probably 40 minutes) will get you to my Boxing gym. They do straight up boxing, and have kickboxing classes Mondays and Thursdays. They're open M-F 5-9, S 10-12. Also a really good gym, the guys are fairly friendly, only 35 bucks for a month.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Lets see...

You're, I'd guess, a 20 minute or so drive from Elite Martial Arts; a great group of guys, they do BJJ, Kickboxing, FMA, anything you can imagine. They have a whole mess of classes throughout various times, and I think are somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bucks a month.

A longer drive (i.e, probably 40 minutes) will get you to my Boxing gym. They do straight up boxing, and have kickboxing classes Mondays and Thursdays. They're open M-F 5-9, S 10-12. Also a really good gym, the guys are fairly friendly, only 35 bucks for a month.
    Are either of them the sort of place that would take a mat fee?

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a list of schools in the Houston area:

http://www.txmma.com/modules.php?nam...titleA&show=10

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    Here's a list of schools in the Houston area:

http://www.txmma.com/modules.php?nam...titleA&show=10
    Any recommendations from that list?

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elite Martial Arts is a good place, I know a guy from the club I used to frequent (the University of Houston MMA Club) who trains/has trained there. Don't know what their open mat policy is or how much they charge for mat use, though. You could also try out the Houston Metro Fight Club, which is close to the University of Houston.

On another note, while you're in Houston you should try eating at Niko Niko's, which is a good Greek restaurant on Montrose, as well as This is It Soul Food on West Gray.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One place you might want to avoid from that list is Bam Bam Martial Arts, which I hear is kinda pricey. However, I'm not sure if this translates to expensive mat fees, as I've never been there.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    One place you might want to avoid from that list is Bam Bam Martial Arts, which I hear is kinda pricey. However, I'm not sure if this translates to expensive mat fees, as I've never been there.
    I'm sure we'll be looking for things to do, so the food is probably a good idea too. My experience in California is mostly that there are free trial classes but past that you have to sign up. Gonna have to make a bunch of calls. I'm also wondering if Rice has any MA clubs since I'll be right there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast