Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 11:19pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question about Muay Thai's origin?

Ok actually two questions, first how come there is no style forum for the Thai arts? Second is there any truth that Muay Thai came from Kung Fu? I dont remember where I heard that I think I read it in Kung fu mag. (go figure!) anyway I'm sure it has been discussed a million times but I am to lazy to search function so please humar me? any history would be cool thanx.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the SE Asian subforum has tomoi and krabi krabong under its umbrella, so there. That subforum bothers me, though. I don't think kempo, muay thai, and arnis should all share the same subforum. On the other hand, that forum is pretty inactive. If they were further divided, you'd get a bunch of empty forums.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 2:50pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen any evidence to support the idea that Muay Thai is derived from Kung Fu. the only times I've heard that are from the Kung Fu practitioners who say all martial arts are derived from Shaolin Kung Fu.

Boxing is from Shaolin Kung Fu...
    Wrestling is from Shaolin Kung Fu...
    West Indian Alligator Wrestling is from Shaolin Kung Fu...

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 5:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai comes from double-uppercuts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 5:53pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Helio Gracie's evil twin, Oileh, invented the art of Gracie boxing approximately 20-25 years ago. After being beaten in a drinking game by the Good Gracie, he was forced to exile by Helio, and he travelled by foot, all the way through the ocean, to Thailand. There he entombed himself in a cave for 3 months and meditated on livestock, drugs, sex, Republicans and global warming. He emerged from the zany cave a changed man... a woman. In a fatal meditation accident, Oileh's penis fell off, and as a result of the testosterone overflow, he developed two breasts. He went all across the kingdom of Thailand, gathering followers to raise an army to take down Helio's army of "gheys" as he put it, amassing approx. 5 people, and trained them in the art of Gracie boxing which consisted of open handed strikes, wrist strikes, instep roundhouse kicks, shoulder tackles and standing wristlocks. But just before embarking in a flight back to Brazil to defeat his brother and assert dominance, Chinese ninjas attacked. They killed Oileh and his followers, not before torturing them and stealing their secrets for the Chinese governemnt. On the way back to China, while still in Thailand, the Chinese ninjas were attacked by Shaolin Ninjas which again stole their secrets. Before crossing the Thai border, the Shaolin Ninjas taught secrets of Gracie boxing to a bunch of white American tourists,and soon thereafter died of visual AIDS. The art was then distributed to all the foreigners in Thailand (the Thais), however the art has changed significantly over the past years, and what were once battle proven techniques have changed to suit non-deadly style of fighting. The name Gracie Boxing was also lost in history, as the Americans decided to name the art after their favorite drink, Mai Tai.

If you don't believe this, you're a twat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:00pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus is right on the money. EVERYTHING about Muay Thai was derived from the sole Krabi Krabong move: "Hannuman Presents the Golden Ring."

I know only that Krabi Krabong was the precursor for Muay Thai, but there are tons of variations on it in SE Asia (i.e. Bokator).

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:10pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could train in Muay Boran. Imagine just how cool you'd be if you said: "Tony who?" whilst double-uttercutting someone to the 'soft part' of their chin. Very cool, that's how cool.

Then finish by flying knee.

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    Helio Gracie's evil twin, Oileh, invented the art of Gracie boxing approximately 20-25 years ago. After being beaten in a drinking game by the Good Gracie, he was forced to exile by Helio, and he travelled by foot, all the way through the ocean, to Thailand. There he entombed himself in a cave for 3 months and meditated on livestock, drugs, sex, Republicans and global warming. He emerged from the zany cave a changed man... a woman. In a fatal meditation accident, Oileh's penis fell off, and as a result of the testosterone overflow, he developed two breasts. He went all across the kingdom of Thailand, gathering followers to raise an army to take down Helio's army of "gheys" as he put it, amassing approx. 5 people, and trained them in the art of Gracie boxing which consisted of open handed strikes, wrist strikes, instep roundhouse kicks, shoulder tackles and standing wristlocks. But just before embarking in a flight back to Brazil to defeat his brother and assert dominance, Chinese ninjas attacked. They killed Oileh and his followers, not before torturing them and stealing their secrets for the Chinese governemnt. On the way back to China, while still in Thailand, the Chinese ninjas were attacked by Shaolin Ninjas which again stole their secrets. Before crossing the Thai border, the Shaolin Ninjas taught secrets of Gracie boxing to a bunch of white American tourists,and soon thereafter died of visual AIDS. The art was then distributed to all the foreigners in Thailand (the Thais), however the art has changed significantly over the past years, and what were once battle proven techniques have changed to suit non-deadly style of fighting. The name Gracie Boxing was also lost in history, as the Americans decided to name the art after their favorite drink, Mai Tai.

If you don't believe this, you're a twat.
    Hey **** wit! you must be lost this isnt YMAS!:thefinger

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait! I take it back **** wit I see it is Ymas!

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 6:23pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Wait! I take it back **** wit I see it is Ymas!
    The edit function is working again, you know...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast