Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:07pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PasleyPMT
    Huh? Where do you get your info? He has a penis tat? Damn. He better lose.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01BrockLesnar.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	8753  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:11pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    This is what I'm really worried about. Mir absolutely has to win, no matter what.
    Really? Absolutely has to? So what should be about enjoying watching two competitors with different styles competing for dominance has become cheerleading for one particular style. Was MMA horribly injured by Sakuraba (a professional wrestler) coming in and beating up on larger opponents (and Gracies)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:12pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Oh. I thought you meant ON his penis. :icon_rabb

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:17pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YNXojXe_4

here's a good case....

Karam Ibraham was a freaking beast in GR wrestling, winning the Olympics with ease. He comes out and fights Fujita and gets completely outclassed and KTFO. Now Ibraham doesnt have the same build as Lesnar but it wouldnt surprise me to see Mir, crafty MMA veteran, completely put Brock out of his element.

Again i'm kind of on the fence about this match and if i was hard pressed to make a bet, it'd definetly would be on Brock but i honestly dont know what the hell could happen in this one....
    Last edited by akuma25; 1/31/2008 6:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:33pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma25

here's a good case....

Karam Ibraham was a freaking beast in GR wrestling, winning the Olympics with ease. He comes out and fights Fujita and gets completely outclassed and KTFO. Now Ibraham doesnt have the same build as Lesnar but it wouldnt surprise me to see Mir, crafty MMA veteran, completely put Brock out of his element.

Again i'm kind of on the fence about this match and if i was hard pressed to make a bet, it'd definetly would be on Brock but i honestly dont know what the hell could happen in this one....
    This is not a good comparision at all. Fujita and Mir have about as different MMA styles as you can get. Fujita is a hard headed brawler with a wrestling base and Mir is a submission artist. The only parellel is an experienced MMA fighter vs. a rookie with a celebrated wrestling background.

In the Ibraham/Fujita match as well Ibraham was pushing the pace and doing fine until Fujita caught him square and KO'd him. Wasn't an impressive performance but he didn't look "completely outclassed" at all until the KO punch... which happens to even experienced fighters.

Unless you're suggesting the Mir is going to KO Brock standing this isn't a good comparison. The style match up is different. Mir is unlikely to put Brock out of his element because that's not his style. He'll lay back and look for subs more than likely. He has almost no chance of controlling Lesnar from the top since that's not his game and Lesnar has a huge strength advantage. He'll likely try to push Lesnar and make him gas, then catch him in a sub in the latter part of the match when he's tired and won't be able to power out of it. The key to Mir's victory is avoiding being pounded into a bloody pulp before then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:37pm

Style: BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't quite understand the problem with Lesnar winning that some of you have. Complaing that it'll give pro-wrestling fans bragging rights is like me becoming annoyed at some homeless guy on the streets claiming that Red Army communist agents are stealing his teeth. Whether THEY believe he won because of his mighty pro-wrestling skills or not it doesn't change the fact that WE know that any possible victory is based on his legitimate amateur wrestling backround prior to his career as a dance partner for The Rock. Should some mouthbreathing Hulkamaniac posting from his mothers basement wander into Bullshido, he'll be grist to the mill, just like any larp'er, aikidoka, Human Weapon fan or ninjer.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nisezoom
    I don't quite understand the problem with Lesnar winning that some of you have. Complaing that it'll give pro-wrestling fans bragging rights is like me becoming annoyed at some homeless guy on the streets claiming that Red Army communist agents are stealing his teeth. Whether THEY believe he won because of his mighty pro-wrestling skills or not it doesn't change the fact that WE know that any possible victory is based on his legitimate amateur wrestling backround prior to his career as a dance partner for The Rock. Should some mouthbreathing Hulkamaniac posting from his mothers basement wander into Bullshido, he'll be grist to the mill, just like any larp'er, aikidoka, Human Weapon fan or ninjer.
    Exactly. Who the **** cares what a pro-wrestling fucktard thinks anyway? Really.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    It's called rethorical nonsense, arguing just for shits and giggles and for the fun of it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:51pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Brock wins it might just break the martial arts internet in half.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's [Mir] still too overweight
    Um, did you see his weigh in pic? He looks like the old Mir again. Pretty close anyway.

http://www.frankmir.com/files/images/frank003.jpg

I'm really rooting for Mir. He was an exciting fighter when he won the title. I think a return of "the old Mir" would do a lot for the HW div. My fear is that, despite getting back in shape, that he will never be the same again.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast