225117 Bullies, 3835 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. fightin Penguin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    500

    Posted On:
    1/31/2008 11:08pm


     Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by urasj
    Howcome its always dissing on the "Chinese propaganda"?
    America has a hell of a lot more propaganda anyway.

    Sadam's nucklear weapons... All the crazy religious people (and leaders!), fox news... :/
    More than China? Yeah right! At least most Americans don't take our propaganda seriously, where people in China are damn near brainwashed. You ever hear the term "cult of Personality"?

    And Bruce yelling at the top of his lungs "I am a Chinese" and the fact that it is being made to show alongside with the beijing summer games proves it is propaganda. Bruce was never proud of being Chinese. He was more of a Hong Konger, and he was born in San Francisco.

    In the United States at least we can speak out against our gov't, unlike those in China. Hell, how many Chinese equivalents of Michael Moore do you know of? If you want to see true Chinese culture and theater (plays and the like) you have to go to Taiwan, because the Chinese government has an absolute strangle hold on what you can and can not do. If you want pure American theater, do you have to go to Guam? Nope.
  2. boondock lee is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    1/31/2008 11:57pm


     Style: in hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    More than China? Yeah right! At least most Americans don't take our propaganda seriously, where people in China are damn near brainwashed. You ever hear the term "cult of Personality"?

    And Bruce yelling at the top of his lungs "I am a Chinese" and the fact that it is being made to show alongside with the beijing summer games proves it is propaganda. Bruce was never proud of being Chinese. He was more of a Hong Konger, and he was born in San Francisco.

    In the United States at least we can speak out against our gov't, unlike those in China. Hell, how many Chinese equivalents of Michael Moore do you know of? If you want to see true Chinese culture and theater (plays and the like) you have to go to Taiwan, because the Chinese government has an absolute strangle hold on what you can and can not do. If you want pure American theater, do you have to go to Guam? Nope.
    I agree with you on China's suppression, they are pretty tight on controlling their people, they are just below North Korea.

    I disagree on Bruce not being proud to be chinese, he didn't want to be in roles that typecast chinese as weak, chop socky men.
  3. DHNK is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Israel, TA area
    Posts
    262

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:53am


     Style: MT\KM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    China is the best place in the world. All the "propoganda" is cold, hard, legitimate facts.
  4. A.D.D is offline
    A.D.D's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    796

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 9:17am

    supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  5. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 11:39am


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock lee
    I agree with you on China's suppression, they are pretty tight on controlling their people, they are just below North Korea.

    I disagree on Bruce not being proud to be chinese, he didn't want to be in roles that typecast chinese as weak, chop socky men.
    I have to disagree on the suppression comment. I have travelled extensively there and lived in China and the amount of suppression going on there is no where near what it is in NK.

    Is there suppression. Yes, but not on a grand scale and your seeing it less and less with each passing year. I would probably liken it to selective suppression. If the govt. finds someone or some group that they perceive is stirring up trouble or making them look bad then they will go in and suppress the members of that group. If your group is pretty much not doing anything that involves them or harms the public at large they pretty much ignore you.

    There are times that the groups being suppressed needed to be suppressed, i.e. they are doing something that is harmful to the general populace. This also includes them going after their own govt officials (albeit only when it finally goes public what the bastards were doing)

    Of course their are religious groups that are harrassed and suppressed for really no reason at all. But things are vastly improved now than they were even 10 years.
  6. DHNK is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Israel, TA area
    Posts
    262

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:00pm


     Style: MT\KM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you aren't seeing the suppression because the ninjas are doing it. Don't forget ninjas are from China!
  7. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:06pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    Maybe you aren't seeing the suppression because the ninjas are doing it. Don't forget ninjas are from China!
    YOU FOOL!! Don't talk about the uber Secret Chinese Ninjas here! They will seek you out and assassinate you for revealing their existence!
  8. urasj is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    206

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:10pm


     Style: Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    More than China? Yeah right! At least most Americans don't take our propaganda seriously, where people in China are damn near brainwashed. You ever hear the term "cult of Personality"?

    And Bruce yelling at the top of his lungs "I am a Chinese" and the fact that it is being made to show alongside with the beijing summer games proves it is propaganda. Bruce was never proud of being Chinese. He was more of a Hong Konger, and he was born in San Francisco.

    In the United States at least we can speak out against our gov't, unlike those in China. Hell, how many Chinese equivalents of Michael Moore do you know of? If you want to see true Chinese culture and theater (plays and the like) you have to go to Taiwan, because the Chinese government has an absolute strangle hold on what you can and can not do. If you want pure American theater, do you have to go to Guam? Nope.
    I have traveled alot to China, and stayed there for quite some time also. People there as u seem to think are not zombies. They do know the difference between propaganda and reality. Ofcourse there are some people who are ignorant but that in this case is the same as in America. How many religious people in America does not praise George Bush "because he is such a good Christian" ? It also seems to be a quite popular American thing to think that Chinese people are brainwashed communists. Even though the Chinese goverment does have a strict policy on "free speech", most people know bull from what is not. You are getting a quite false view on how the Chinese people are.

    Speaking of Michael Moore, even though I admire his criticism, much of what he speaks is pure bullshit. So in a sense that can be seens as antiAmerican propaganda. I agree censorship is bad, but most Chinese avoid censorship in movies and whatnot by buying pirated versions anyway. During my lifetime I've meet far more deluded Americans than I have meet Chinese.
  9. boondock lee is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    219

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:15pm


     Style: in hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I have to disagree on the suppression comment. I have travelled extensively there and lived in China and the amount of suppression going on there is no where near what it is in NK.

    Is there suppression. Yes, but not on a grand scale and your seeing it less and less with each passing year. I would probably liken it to selective suppression. If the govt. finds someone or some group that they perceive is stirring up trouble or making them look bad then they will go in and suppress the members of that group. If your group is pretty much not doing anything that involves them or harms the public at large they pretty much ignore you.

    There are times that the groups being suppressed needed to be suppressed, i.e. they are doing something that is harmful to the general populace. This also includes them going after their own govt officials (albeit only when it finally goes public what the bastards were doing)

    Of course their are religious groups that are harrassed and suppressed for really no reason at all. But things are vastly improved now than they were even 10 years.
    I admit that the communists have relaxed their control, but I still wouldn't call China the new land of freedom.....they have a pretty long list of human right offenses and its no secret that they are doing this from the public eye.
  10. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:31pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock lee
    I admit that the communists have relaxed their control, but I still wouldn't call China the new land of freedom.....they have a pretty long list of human right offenses and its no secret that they are doing this from the public eye.
    Agreed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.