Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 9:57pm

Style: Defense Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Exercise machines

Good day, I have been hearing a lot about exercise machines such as BowFlex,Total Gym, etc. and they say it gives good results and they even show the people on the informercials. But, are those results real? And, if not then what are the real results if the normal person were to use them? Ja ne.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kettlebells.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 10:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm dead serious. Cheaper. They'll never break. And a vastly superior workout.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 11:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exercise machines are gay. join a gym and pump some iron.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 11:18pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Exercise machines

ive never used a bowflex or total gym, but ive heard there decent, but you would better invest that money into joining a gym if you want better results.

or if your looking to workout from the home buying some free weights and a bench would be a better option imo.

-eniel.

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 12:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jenfucius,
    I assume he's looking for a home solution. Kettlebells.

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 2:28am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok here goes:

Machines are inferior to kettebells and free weights because machines use a restricted range of motion. If you only use machines you will only be strong in the range of motion.
    And for martial arts multiple ranges of motion are required, I suggest free weights.

Kettlebells and other free weights require much more stabilzing muscles so your body gets a more "realistic" workout.

Here's a oldie:
    http://www.russiankettlebells.com/

Don't mind the marketing.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 5:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey you guys .

There IS a soloution in between the two !!!

firstly , Id like to start off by saying that All the "Bowflex" type Machines are the Gheyest of all Gheyness that ever Gheyed its way into Gheydom . Even if you walk into Sears , where they have every Craftsman Tool known to Man , they STILL cant put those pieces of **** together correctly . GOD GOD GH0D DO THEY SUCKLE AT THE TEAT OF SUCKTITUDE !!!

*Froths , Pants , Ghasps ...

Chokes a lil bit*

HOWEVER ...

There IS a Type of Maachine that can , and WILL help you to Reach your Potential .

The Leveradge Machine .

http://powertecfitness.com/gallery.htm

Powertec (above) makes the best ones for Cost/Performance on the Market today . they are VERY Sturdy , PRO Quality , and they are GREAT choices for MA Schools . They are ALSO comperably Priced with the better Bowflex Machines , and can dish out Weight loads that none of that type of bowflwxie Contraption EVER will (up to 1100 lbs) .

You can EASILY Start out with VERY litttle Weight , and just Purchase more as Time Goes By and Need Requires . The beauty thing is that they use the exact same Weights as a Barbell , and you can pick one up for under $50 , and do your Powerlifts/Olympic Lifts/Floor Lifts with the same Weights !
    Last edited by Djimbe; 11/08/2003 5:19am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah well I kind of figured that they don't give that good results. Free weights and cardio always worked the best for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 9:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've been reading about kettle balls and I heared they're great. I heard that the russian military uses them, the US special forces and the FBI.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast