Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 8:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    http://www.judoofjapan.com/

They are located close to me, and are priced about right. I cant afford to go back to where I was taking bjj. If I avoid jail like Indiana Jones in february, I'm going to start boxing with this guy who trains people privately, dont know if that is shady or not. And i'd like to go to a judo place at the same time. My question is, if a school trains Aikido, or some other bullshit art along with Judo is the school dismissable? Most judo schools I'm finding in the area also teach Aikido, or some other japanese style karate. Can a school be half bullshit?
    They "don't have contracts" and make an effort to charge reasonable fees. You may not like Aikido but the teaching of it does not otherwise desecrate the other arts taught in the school.

I would worry if the Aikido people are picking on and beating up the Judo guys though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:59am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to play devil's advocate (my favorite position in life) but why is Ki horse ****? I've never studied an art that advocates Ki energy or teaches you how to use it, but I can trigger some form of energy through my body. I discovered this on my own while listening to music. It's the same sensation you get when something gives you goose bumps, only I can summon it at will. If I concentrate enough I can bring this fuzzy feeling to my chest and occasionally to my hands. Now I will be honest in saying the only use I have found for this inate ability is getting rid of headaches. Any time I get a headache, I can focus what I can only describe as vibrations, into my head, and they go away. Now I'm in the habbit of doing this anyways, because quite honestly it just feels good, and I usually don't get headaches to begin with. Now maybe I'm crazy, and I promise you that I am, but I'm not entirely crazy and what I've just told you isn't bullshit.

Now I'm not going to sit here and try to lead you guys to believe that some shitty class in a random town is going to give you magical powers, or that Akido actually works after you've wasted 20 years training it, but I would like you guys to consider that there actually is something called Ki. And that maybe, just maybe, Yoga, accupuncture and accounts of the same thoughout many different cultures aren't completely off track. Same goes for meditation. Just because meditation isn't going to let you shoot fireballs out of your hand, stop time or see the future, doesn't mean that it isn't a beneficial practice that could allow you to visualize technique, real world technique.
    Last edited by Jettatore; 2/01/2008 1:01am at .

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 8:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to make Ki balls, throw them in a pit and then jump in and roll around like a special ed kid at Chucky Cheese. Sometimes I freeze them in the winter so I can have Ki ball fights in the summer.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 9:30am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If George Harris approves its good. Honestly I have never seen respected and admired man in US Judo then George Harris.

Kodokan ranks and USJI makes them legit.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 12:29pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search is your friend. There is tons of material on Bullshido about why ki is bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 1:58pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are in a good area for Judo. I know there is a place in Guilderland that is also top notch, many olympians and world champs train there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 2:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, you may want to check out Cichon's wing chun kung fu school on central ave in albany.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 4:14pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=switchblade]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    If I avoid jail like Indiana Jones in february, quote]

U thought you were already supposed to be doing 8 months? What happened? Now you MIGHT go to jail?
    Well I went to a 28 day inpatient rehab, and my lawyer asked the judge for more time for me to show that I'm *changed* person. Because I got my felonies when I was 17, and now I'm 20. I got rearrested for possesion of stolen property, which actually really wasnt mine, and that got dropped down to a fine instead of a felony. So I go to this day treatment program and work at a law office so I look really good for court, so Feb 22nd if I go to jail I should only get 30-90 days which is fuckin sweet.

In case anyone isnt familiar with the legal system, money gets you out of trouble. Its not fair, but its true. My dad's "loaded" and I have basically a murder trial lawyer. If you axed up your family you'd call this guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kegdrainer
    you are in a good area for Judo. I know there is a place in Guilderland that is also top notch, many olympians and world champs train there.
    Thanks man I'm gonna check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 4:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kegdrainer
    also, you may want to check out Cichon's wing chun kung fu school on central ave in albany.
    are you from the albany area? we have *mini* throwdowns, we have gloves and mats etc. some other people who do TMA's come sometimes.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast