Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 3:08am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some funny stories I thought I would share

I just got into my new PL position at an infantry company and HOLY **** the counselling statements I have read so far!

PL in my company was moved. Why? Shot himself and another soldier. Was cleaning his PERSONAL weapon, an XD, and manged to shoot himself in the hand and the other guy in the leg... You see you drop the magazine THEN you pull the slide to clear. He musta forgot.

Another guy shot himself. In my company. With an XD. LOL! It seems that you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide? WHOOOPS! Clearing error.

We got one guy, from our company, breaking fucking rocks. The official report reads "pistol whipping another soldier with a loaded firearm. And conveying a verbal threat". It seems that drunko_01 muzzle checked drunko_02 in the chest with his finger on the trigger.

And my all time favorite so far... A certain platoon, in my company, was getting thier collective asses smoked for something. A certain private was failing to put out. The actual counselling quote reads, "SGT X told you that if your chest touched the ground one more time he would kick you in the chest. Your chest did touch the ground again, and he did kick you in the chest."

Another soldier, thankfully in ANOTHER company, showed a picture of his peepee to a 14 year old girl. He is outside everyday shovelling snow in the -40 degree weather. It appears his story was published in the newspaper and was quite embarrasing for our command. His ass shovels snow, with a 5 gallon bucket, walks it across the parking lot and dumps it. One. Space. At. A. Time. All fucking day. He is given 4 hours of sleep per night and allowed 30 minutes 3x per day for meals. I go to work at 5am and he is there shovelling. I leave at 6pm and he is shovelling.

The two Jerry's Kids I am chaptering out of the Army from my platoon managed to get caught smoking weed. A week or two after driving a forklift through a wall. Which occurred just after thier transfer from another company to ours...for (allegedly) selling another Sgt's IBA to a supply store.

Infidel

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 1:50pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats fucking wild man.

Neglegent Discharges (XDs?) I always wonder when I hear "a soldier was shot while cleaning his weapon".
    I always find that hard to believe. If you're on base you clear the weapon coming into camp. If you enter a building you clear the weapon again. The first thing you do when your strip a weapon to clean it is, you guessed it, clear your weapon.
    I've always figured "shot by accident while cleaning a weapon" really meant soldier A was fucking around playing quick draw or something and soldier B got shot.

I remember one guy in my platoon having an ND with a .50 cal on a Grizzly APC. Almost blew the crew commanders ear out and the driver thought he blew an engine. This was downtown in a city in bosnia as well, tons of people around. He didn't get charged because he wasn't technically qualified to work he 50 and the sgt would have got charged too.

Another guy went out drinking (illegal) in bosnia with a bunch of troops and a civilian camp manager type. They all got hammered (in uniform) and upon (drinking and driving) and coming back onto camp, drunk soldier gave his loaded pistol to drunk civilian to clear. Civilian never handled a pistol. Drunk civilian ended up discharging the pistol INSIDE the van where upon the bullet proceeded to punch through the van door and into an iso sleeping trailer into someones pillow at 3 am. It would have smoked the guy but he was on leave. Soldier managed to avoid getting charged (dont ask me how) and remain in theater the duration of his tour.
    Another dude took one sip of beer in uniform 1 hour before his leave started, was seen doingit and sent home.

One night of drinking in a room one gy got beligerant. Bit of an odd ball. Bought $1000 leather pants while in Italty and wore em around camp ripping em. He was also drinking aftershave. Anyways he got rude and disobeyed the golden rule- when your buddies tell you to shut it down, you shut it the **** down regardless if you think you're okay or not.
    Anyways he went to the shitter and we took his pistol and started cramming it with bologna. Magazine housing, inside the barrel, inside the mag housing.
    It was 3 or 4 am an he had to get up at 6 to pull a gate guard shift. The next day the gate guard commander noticed something on his pistol and inquired what the hell was that? Buddy pops his mag and bologna falls out.
    For the remainder of the week we would leave the wire on patrol and watch this guy gag and try not to puke- he got extra duties for not cleaning his weapon properly which included doing security on the **** sucker truck when it went around pumping out all the **** holes. The smell in the summer time heat was enough to gag a maggot.

That guy showing his hammer to the 14 year old sure as hell got it worse though, thats fucking brutal.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 9:59pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Thats fucking wild man.

That guy showing his hammer to the 14 year old sure as hell got it worse though, thats fucking brutal.
    Thats fucking justice.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 10:25pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL @ gun negligence.

It fires deadly. You'd think that fact alone would warrant extra care and attention, but I guess not... for these guys.

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 2:30am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, this is a civilian story, but it's in the same vein. When I was in HS one of my best friends came back from hunting with his dad and said they could never go again. Apparently they were getting out of the minivan in the field, and my bud swung his shotgun past his dad. His dad yells at him, my bud yells back that it's unloaded. They argue whether or not it is, and my bud, to prove a point, aims at the floor and pulls the trigger. He blows a hole in his van.

His dad had just loaded it. Thank Gawd he didn't point it at his dad when he "made" his point. Of course, the old fat bastard had how many heart surgeries and use to swear us to secrecy when he sneaked smokes outside so his wife wouldn't see, and big surprise, he died of a heart attack, but still.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 9:13am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They make firearms with actions that open nowadays. People say you can just open the action and check to see whether there's a cartridge in there or not.
    Of course, the manly way is to point it at your foot and pull the trigger.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't imagine the punishment for not shovelling that much snow could be worse than shovelling that much snow.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 6:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe they take away his shovel?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, the brig has to be better than slave labour.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/31/2008 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I forgot to mention. He doesn't have a shovel. He has a 5 gallon bucket and a little ice breaking tool. He has to bend down for every swipe of snow.

And what is worse? Chipping ice. In negative temps this is pretty damn shitty. I left work today at 6:30 and he was out there in the parking lot. The Army doesn't **** around.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast