Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: boxing/muy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anybody know?

i remember the ufc tournament where he fought carlos newton after going three rounds in his previous fight. he was awarded a questionable decision, does anyone know if he fought again or went back to competing in wrestling?

The Way of a Warrior cannot be encompassed by words or in letters: grasp the essence and move on toward realization!
    Morehei Ueshiba

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2003 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard that Henderson is injured right now, which is the reason that he hasn't fought recently. I don't think he is retired yet.

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 2:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes of course! why woudl he stop!

yea hes injured. I think he was suposed to fight in pride last time. Too bad...He fought in the normal pride before that I think.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 2:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pride, huh, thanks i'll check it out

The Way of a Warrior cannot be encompassed by words or in letters: grasp the essence and move on toward realization!
    Morehei Ueshiba

Posted On:
    9/09/2003 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my friend, who fights, has his instructional by him. has awesome greco takedown instruction. my friend loves it, and my friend would occasioanlly teach me some greco moves from there. hendo has some sweet takedowns. he's also good at explaining. one move my freind tried to teach me for some reason, but when he taught me again using hendo's explanation I got it really fast.

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He blew his ACL and tore his MCL celebrating his last Pride victory, he's had surgery and is hoping to return in November or thereabouts.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 10:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my friend, who fights, has his instructional by him. has awesome greco takedown instruction. my friend loves it, and my friend would occasioanlly teach me some greco moves from there. hendo has some sweet takedowns. he's also good at explaining. one move my freind tried to teach me for some reason, but when he taught me again using hendo's explanation I got it really fast.

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    "Coo"- Jackie Chan, from The Medallion

that is fucking awesome. henderson is an awesome wrestler but he is just an all around tough mf'er as well. btw, hilarious sig as well

Morehei Ueshiba

Posted On:
    9/12/2003 7:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He blew his ACL and tore his MCL celebrating his last Pride victory, he's had surgery and is hoping to return in November or thereabouts.

OH YEA!! i saw that one haha. it does kinda sound retarded when you hear it...here it goes:
    he was so happy after his KO (which was sweet). he had a lot of energy and hugged some arbitrary ring girl, then still had more energy and did a back flip and BAM hurt himself. then couldn't walk and his team helped walk him away.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    9/25/2003 11:16am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read an interview with him recently. He said he'll be an alternate on the Pride MW tourney in November.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    10/24/2003 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He recently trained with some of the KOTC fighters (Joey Villasenor and Diego Sanchez) up in Farmington, NM, so it looks like he's pretty healthy these days.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast