Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 12:55pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notintheface316 View Post
    I have a question. How do you go about proving someone to be bullshido or if a person has certain tendancies if there is nothing available on the person?

Also, when does anecdotal evidence become relevant within a case like this? How many tales have to be told before it goes from story telling to an obvious pattern being formed?
    Part of the problem, along with others, is that you are saying that certain things are "known" without providing any actual proof. That doesn't mean you aren't being truthful, just that none of us here know the person in question or anything about him. For instance, you state that it's known he claims to hold certain belts, but none of us have ever heard him do so. If there was a website or newspaper article or flier where he made such claims it would be much easier to move forward. Same with his "refusal" to provide documentation of his black belts. Refusal to whom? Not anyone connected with this website to the best of my knowledge since nobody has asked him for such proof.

Understand that people on this site are very cautious about people showing up and making accusations without some kind of concrete evidence, or at least the start of evidence, to back it up. Otherwise, this just becomes a place where people slander rivals, former business partners, ex teachers/students who left for another school, etc.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 3:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I comletely understand that you want to keep things objective. But, since I am way too close to this issue, I hope someone steps up and starts the ball rolling on this investigation. Would an impartial investigator be willing to step forward and take on the cause?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I comletely understand that you want to keep things objective. But, since I am way too close to this issue, I hope someone steps up and starts the ball rolling on this investigation. Would an impartial investigator be willing to step forward and take on the cause?
    As Iain mentioned, it would be useful to see his claims down in black and white, whether on the web or a scan of something printed.

Did Mr. Torres ever have a website, for instance? If so, even if it's long gone, it may be possible to view the content via the Internet Archive, if you remember what the URL was.

I did a little Googling and found this, FWIW.
    http://www.tkdcenter.com/programs.htm

Learn an art that is designed for real life !
    Katsugo-Ryu-Aiki-Jujitsu
    Aiki-Jujitsu is a method of samurai combat that originated in feudal Japan almost 1000 years ago. It is an art that stresses efficiency and effectiveness. Grandmaster Joseph Torres teaches this art not only as a system of self-defense, but also as a strategy designed to confront life's various challenges.
    Learn:
    Striking
    Kicking
    Throwing
    Locks
    Submissions
    Multi-man defense
    Weapons training
    Weapons defense

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 3:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you read this?

"Somebody Do Something!!!!!1!" - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 4:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for pointing that out but if you read what I wrote you would understand why I ask for an IMPARTIAL OBJECTIVE investigator. I am not making a call to arms, I am asking if someone whould volunteer to do a little digging since he is not on the net in any shape or form.

If I wasn't biased, I woul djust go down there and ask questions and take a class. If you read my post you would know there is a strong underlying issue that would bias my langauge and call into question any investiagtion that I would conduct.

@ Larus, that was put up by the school's owner and even he doesn't know where Torres's ranking comes from and by who.

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 4:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should have considered that before you posted something like this:
    I found out one day when He drove me home in his Blue
    Econoline van. Long story short he tried to give me a massage
    and grabbed my junk. I got out of the van and stopped training
    with him.

Before anyone ask, yes; I would be willing to fill out a
    affidavit to the events that happened. I wanted to press
    charges later on in life but was told the statue of limitation has
    ran out since it was more than 5 years after my 18th birthday.
    This is a serious and direct allegation.

..in addition to the points brought by Iain and Larus.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ ChenPengFi- Are you dense?

Like stated, it is an anecdotal experience that I had lived through. It was used to validate a comment made earlier. But as I was informed, if there is no evidence then there is no proof. If there is no proof then it is just a personal experience.

It is an allegation that I willing to put my personal intgrity on the life for and be held accountable. I doubt if he reads this that he will actually come forward and make a challnege. I would be willing to sign an affidavid and even go so far as taking a lie detector test.

Plus, I doubt he would say anything as well because that would lead to digging through his past and former students. Who knows what that may turn up.

Plus, the way you are saying it is like telling a rape victim, "Well do you have proof that you were raped?" How can something be proven after someone is finally being able to face what happened to them and dealing with it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understood where Larus and Ian was coming from and that is why I asked for an independent indivdual. Maybe someone would have come forward and done a bit of work if they were intrested in order to keep things even.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 6:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why aren't you using your original account.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2010 6:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot the password and tried to get it restored but I haven't received the password retrival email. So after several failed tries, I just created a new screen name. Is that an issue?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast