Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:41pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all ninjas were samurai. they were a separate sect of samurai serving as spies.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best first post I've ever read.

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 11:04pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak
    all ninjas were samurai. they were a separate sect of samurai serving as spies.

No they weren't. Ninjas were invented by Gargamelle to kill the samurais, but after spying in them, they fell in them (because ninjas are gay).

Gargamelle loses again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 11:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    If a ninja was a samurai, would he be a "samurninja?" Or a "ninjamurai?"

I'm partial to "ninjamurai."
    i like saminja better.

anyways id get a whole group of kick ass samurai mother fuckers charging yelling BONZAIIIIIIIIII with their swords up in the air and those scary looking masks and then some sumo wrestlers in the back for infantry support, that is if they can keep up with the skinnier guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 11:43pm

Style: undecided

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    Ba dum bum
    forgot the cymbol crash

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 3:56am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    No they weren't. Ninjas were invented by Gargamelle to kill the samurais, but after spying in them, they fell in them (because ninjas are gay).

Gargamelle loses again.
    Well known fact: All ninjas had the clap.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 6:33am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to repost this every few months:

Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    There is no mention of Ninjas prior to the Tokugawa era in Japan, which came alive through fabricated storytelling. Ninja Ryu's date all the way back to about right after WWII when some Japanese got the brilliant idea of selling America this folklow about people with extraordinary abilities that shrouded themselves in black.

First off, a Bushi would have done whatever it is that the Ninja were supposedly supposed to to: that is, some daimyo isn't going to employ some crack-head who lives in the mountains and wears black PJ's to sneak around the enemy camp. He's going to send one of his better Samurai to do it. Not surprisingly we find "Ninjutsu" elements in the authentic Bujutsu schools in Japan (Katori Shinto Ryu, for example). Espionage and assassination were not seperate arts the Bushi practiced. Secondly, ninjutsu, like the tradional Japanese Bujutsu, would be a weapons art. Ninja, if they existed, would have to fight samurai, who were ALWAYS armed with multiple weapons. The story weaving and elaborative tales of unarmed arts in Japan occured during the Tokugawa (lots of hippy peacetime, yo.) period, not during the period of warfare that had preceeded it. According to the "accounts" the Ninja would hvae been destroyed (for the most part, enough to no longer be effective) anyway. So tell me how unarmed Ninja techniques that were "Ninja" specific could have been real. If there were a real authentic Ninjutsu art that was all unique "Ninjitsu" techniques, it'd look more like Kali than bad karate/judo (which is what is resembles for the most part today.). Third, the guys that lived in the mountains and fought the Samurai back in the good ol' n00b day of Japan were known as the Yamabushi ("Mountain warriors" it what it'll roughly translate out to, though some oddly enough, lived in monastaries on the plains.) This is where the ninja mythology comes from. They were basically like the Shaolin, a bunch of buddhists who had nothing better to do all day than to train all day long and make candles and poppori (well not the candles part, I'm not 100% sure.). Yamabushi actually did fight the samurai on a regular basis. They were, however, eventually crushed beyond all recognition. To my knowledge, no yamabushi ryu have been passed down to the present. Again, these would have been ARMED arts (Go ahead and go wrestle a fully armored ************ carrying 2 swords, a few daggers, a couple of spears and riding a fully armored horse and tell me how well you do wearing a cotton robe). They did NOT run around in black PJ's. If they conducted covert type ops, it was not the focus of their studies. There isn't any big secret to being stealthy. You run around at night and don't make a lot of noise. <---- Free Lesson!!!!!1111

Anyway, the fact is, no serious historian of the Japanese martial arts has been able to find a piss of evidence that any sort of real authentic Ninjutsu school existed before said events in history.

"Oh, but they must have burned all the evidence of their existence or ate their scrolls so nobody would be able to learn ****!" Nope. There were guys employed by warlords in Japan and guys employed by monasteries. They used the same weapons pretty much and fought in pretty much the same ways. There was no secret society of mystical assassins in Japan or Korea or anywhere else. Never happened. So give up the 8-year old game of hide-and-seek in the middle of the night wearing Tabi's and Pj's.

Beyond the mere historical facts, there is this to consider as well---ninjitsu is totally untested. By this I mean that even granting it historical legitimacy (which I never will), it, like all the other Japanese arts, would have de-evolved as it were during the Tokugawa period. Since no one fought for real anymore, the arts became antiquated. Kano discovered this with Jujitsu (and the Gracie's did separately across the ocean in their quaint little Brazillian abode). The old Jujitsu styles (developed largely during peacetime and removed from combat for hundreds of years) contained many techniques that wouldn't work against real, resisting opponents who, OMG, fought back. And of course ninjitsu, having never gone through the testing phase that Judo, BJJ, MT, Boxing, and others have gone through, is largely devoid of real world applicability or legitimacy. It didn't come fresh from the battlefields like Kali or some styles of Silat.

All else aside and Ninjas truely did exist in the ways of how Ashida Kim and other fagtards understand it, no one has used ninjitsu to kill anyone for about 500 years. Kali was probably used to kill someone today, and will be again tomorrow. Its a living art still used in real combat. Ninjitsu isn't. Sorry.

Beyond all that, all I have to say is that Ninjas are so sweet they make me want to kick my mom.

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 10:03am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like there is someone who posts worse threads than me.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 10:08am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to the smurf thing! All those smurfs and only one of them was female. This messed with my head as a kid and still worries me...poor girl.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 10:14am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://thatvideosite.com/video/174

and about smurfette... I'd totally smurf that smurf
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast