Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 282930313777 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 5:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MrBadGuy will you please have my babies?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 11:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Butterfly kicks are a bitch move.

I did butterfly twists, mofo.
    See, that's you're problem, you're too fixated on butterflies.
    The kick you should've used is a 506 degree ultimate jump spinning flying soaring totally-stoned-monkey-arse-rapes-dragon kick with fries on the side to the beat of "Kung Fu Fighting".

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is 506 degrees the best you got? Where I come from, we did 540's. Sometimes, if we were really feeling dangerous, 720's. As impractical as it was, we looked superfly.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 11:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    So I take it your next post is san da wins?. Please dont break my heart :(
    Hahahaha remeber Sanda is just that Sanda. Kung fu schools sparred before the word Sanda became the new catch phrase in the Kung Fu world.

Yes, I know Sanda existed before. I'm just saying that sparring at a Kung Fu Mcdojo doesn't always mean Sanda.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 6:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I'm just saying that sparring at a Kung Fu Mcdojo doesn't always mean Sanda.
    Hell motherfucking yes. I trained CLF for a few years at a garbage school. The sparring was the worst **** ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 7:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shaolin Kung Fu Part 4: Deja Vu

I got ready for my first class at the new Shaolin school. As I go up there, I don't really feel nervous; ever since the altercation, I had realized that I could kick someone's ass if I needed to. Not only that, but the BJJ training had stuck with me through these months of not training, so I really had nothing to fear from someone who had no ground experience. Since most normal people, and probably these kung fu guys, had no experience at all, I knew I was invincible. I would still attend the school because I wanted a kung fu stand up game to match my BJJ ground game, but I wasn't going to respect any of the higher ranks. I could kick their asses.

I arrive, and the instructor hands me my uniform; black kung fu pants, black top, and I use my shoes from the previous Shaolin school. I enter the room, and it is full of white shirted folks; the only black shirt wearing people also have black sashes. I assume the sash is the gayer equivolent of the belt, and play along.

Mop top, a black sash, approaches me.

"Uh, did Shifu tell you that only black sashes can wear black shirts? You need to go change."

Now, to reiterate the point I made in my previous article, Mop top is probably 3 years younger, and weighs probably 100 pounds. He is a stick figure. Coupled with my invincible BJJ, I don't really care what he says, thinks, or does, and I'll be damned if I take crap from this twig bastard.

"Dude, he gave it to me. Go take it up with him."

"Ok, I will."

Mop top throws is bangs out of his face, then walks over to the teacher. A discussion ensues, or I assume one does, because I'm stretching. Mop top stomps away, and teacher goes back into his office. Moptop throws a few glares my way, but I (literally) laugh it off.

Class starts up with a short warm up of kicks and jump kicks. The rest of the class is spent stance training. I notice some of the other white shirt students are giving me weird glares. I don't care, because everyone else in this class other than Asian guy is either A) Fatter than I am, or B) So amazingly skinny I could break them with a stern talking to. Asian guy remains pretty ambivalent to the whole black shirt - white shirt issue. I like asian guy.

The class ends not with sparring as I expected, where I had planned on kicking the bahjesus out of everyone, but with partner strength drills.

Asian guy and I get paired up. Awesome.

We have to do push ups with one guy in horse stance, then you put your legs on his legs, and do push ups. Asian guy and I breeze through them. I may be carrying some extra weight, but I'm not quite a slouch. Next we have to hold handstands as long as we can, and eventually it boils down to Mop Top, Asian guy, and myself. I don't understand how I can be doing so well against the top students, but it doesn't matter.

Mop top falls down and starts rubbing his arms.

Asian guy and I sit there for what seems like eternity. The class is sighing because Asian guy and I are holding it up with our manly strength. I hate the other people in the class.

Eventually I need to come down, and I come down a split second before Asian guy. The last exercise is where both people stand in horse stance, each facing opposite directions, interlock arms, and try to pull the other off balance. Suffice to say, I knock asian guy down a few times. I'm well versed in balance and off balancing, so he didn't really stand a chance.

Next class is similar. Warm up, some basic vertical punch training. This time the class just abruptly ends. No exercising, no sparring. What the hell?

The next class is similar. Warm up, some basic kicks. The class ends. No exercises, no sparring.

This keeps going.

and going.

and going.

and going.

It's been a few months since I've joined. There hasn't been sparring since the day I watched, and no exercising. I understand why I was able to out do every other student; they don't do that on a regular basis. We eventually learn two basic crappy hand forms, utilizing things like double hammer fists, punch, kick, turn, double hammer fist, punch, kick, turn, etc. It isn't that physically demanding, and I gain a fair amount of weight during these few months; I'm up to 205. I'm burning for battle, craving combat, dying for destruction! I will have to take this outside of class.

I decide to try out my new kung fu against my friends. Only Napoleon and Tall boy show up; I purposefully don't invite Muay Thai Guy, because A) He'd kick my ass in a standing only fight, which the pansies Napoleon and Tall Boy have insisted I follow, and B) I need easily beatable test subjects before I move on to the big dogs.

Napoleon uses sloppy boxing with some half assed round house kicks. I try the kung fu, but everything I use feels slow and weak. My snapping front kicks don't do that much damage, and double hammerfists, well, suck. Tall boy yields the same results.

I need more from the kung fu class. Shifu informs us that next week, we're starting something new. Something awesome.

Next time: Shaolin Kung Fu Part 5: The end

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 8:37pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need more from the kung fu class. Shifu informs us that next week, we're starting something new. Something awesome.
    doggie style.............................kung fu

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 10:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it the One-Inch Punch? Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique? Buddha's Palm?

I'm on pins and needles!

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 10:30pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak
    doggie style.............................kung fu
    We're not doing qi gong, we're just doing...this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2008 10:35pm

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such a cliffhanger! Keep up the awesome.

Also, I hope you choke Mop Top out at some point.

So many stories would be better with choke outs.