Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sport JuJitsu

I was wondering if anyone knew much about this organization, their website is pretty bad and I cant find many results, nor do I find many accomplishments by the members of the US team other than in this org's tournaments. BTW I found out about this organization while doing some research on http://www.usjujitsucenter.com/, i was weary of the claims of national championships, without listing what the championships were for.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 4:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've heard of these guys. In the future you need to be careful where you put you inquiries. I've moved it to this section. There are sport jujitsu comptitions and if you look near the bottom of the instructors page you'll see some links that'll give you more information. It sounds as if they're a sport jujitsu based school. So it is what it is.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 3:36am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and what it is is shitty. It was cool when it was a legal way for people to do MMA without calling it MMA, but now there's Pankration competitions in most places, or amatuer or pro MMA. So there's no longer a need for this ****.

I had 3 instructors and a training partner that were Canadian national amatuer champions, one of those instructors was #2 in the world at one time, and 2 were Canadian pro champs in SJ. The pro event was like Shooto rules with a gi on. So no knees or elbows, but otherwise full on MMA.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    ...and what it is is shitty. It was cool when it was a legal way for people to do MMA without calling it MMA, but now there's Pankration competitions in most places, or amatuer or pro MMA. So there's no longer a need for this ****.

I had 3 instructors and a training partner that were Canadian national amatuer champions, one of those instructors was #2 in the world at one time, and 2 were Canadian pro champs in SJ. The pro event was like Shooto rules with a gi on. So no knees or elbows, but otherwise full on MMA.

LOL....and what he said.

This is not to discount their skill or their achievements but what Cracky said is essentially true.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Gojujitsu.ca sensei was on the Team Canada back in the early 90's
    they fought hard enough contact that he got a few broken noses and ribs and dislocated his shoulder

I still say it's a decent competition methodology (in theory) for people at a certain level (like me)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    but what Cracky said is essentially true.
    Holy ****, hell froze over, pigs are flying better than Tom Cruise in TopGun, and monkeys are literally falling out of my butt.....this is a great day to be on the interwebz indeed.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also interresting to note in Ontario where MMA and Pankration are still illegal they changed the rules, extended the ground time, increased contact and got rid of the gi and call it sport MMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqG1s4ek0I

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:22pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot

I train with pual Creighton of Creighton MMA in Ga. He was Sport Jiu Jitsu World Champ in Leeds England for team USA, I forget what year though. He also fought in the UFC debut was against BJ Penn, he made it to the second round, then got mounted and TKOed, he looked good though. He is a great Teacher and I think the sport Jiu Jitsu comp is a grewat way to start out for MMA. It is different than Pankration, seeing as how I believe once you go to the ground you have so many seconds to secure a sub before they stand you back up, like 15 secs i think or somthing like that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 2:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    I train with pual Creighton of Creighton MMA in Ga. He was Sport Jiu Jitsu World Champ in Leeds England for team USA, I forget what year though. He also fought in the UFC debut was against BJ Penn, he made it to the second round, then got mounted and TKOed, he looked good though. He is a great Teacher and I think the sport Jiu Jitsu comp is a grewat way to start out for MMA. It is different than Pankration, seeing as how I believe once you go to the ground you have so many seconds to secure a sub before they stand you back up, like 15 secs i think or somthing like that.
    Yes, I Creighton a lot as a demonstration of successful sport jujitsu.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also interresting to note in Ontario where MMA and Pankration are still illegal they changed the rules, extended the ground time, increased contact and got rid of the gi and call it sport MMA
    Which is probably the only place where it's really still needed for MMA to progress. Ontario, living in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Yes, I Creighton a lot as a demonstration of successful sport jujitsu.
    As little sense as this sentence makes, I agree with it. My instructors were similar. It was what there WAS to compete in, so it's what they competed in, and they got good at MMA training for it. Now, though, it's just not necessary anymore.