226270 Bullies, 4194 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. randomloser is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1

    Posted On:
    1/21/2008 3:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Sport JuJitsu

    I was wondering if anyone knew much about this organization, their website is pretty bad and I cant find many results, nor do I find many accomplishments by the members of the US team other than in this org's tournaments. BTW I found out about this organization while doing some research on http://www.usjujitsucenter.com/, i was weary of the claims of national championships, without listing what the championships were for.
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,988

    Posted On:
    1/21/2008 4:00pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've heard of these guys. In the future you need to be careful where you put you inquiries. I've moved it to this section. There are sport jujitsu comptitions and if you look near the bottom of the instructors page you'll see some links that'll give you more information. It sounds as if they're a sport jujitsu based school. So it is what it is.
  3. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 3:36am

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and what it is is shitty. It was cool when it was a legal way for people to do MMA without calling it MMA, but now there's Pankration competitions in most places, or amatuer or pro MMA. So there's no longer a need for this ****.

    I had 3 instructors and a training partner that were Canadian national amatuer champions, one of those instructors was #2 in the world at one time, and 2 were Canadian pro champs in SJ. The pro event was like Shooto rules with a gi on. So no knees or elbows, but otherwise full on MMA.
  4. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,988

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:05pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    ...and what it is is shitty. It was cool when it was a legal way for people to do MMA without calling it MMA, but now there's Pankration competitions in most places, or amatuer or pro MMA. So there's no longer a need for this ****.

    I had 3 instructors and a training partner that were Canadian national amatuer champions, one of those instructors was #2 in the world at one time, and 2 were Canadian pro champs in SJ. The pro event was like Shooto rules with a gi on. So no knees or elbows, but otherwise full on MMA.

    LOL....and what he said.

    This is not to discount their skill or their achievements but what Cracky said is essentially true.
  5. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Gojujitsu.ca sensei was on the Team Canada back in the early 90's
    they fought hard enough contact that he got a few broken noses and ribs and dislocated his shoulder

    I still say it's a decent competition methodology (in theory) for people at a certain level (like me)
  6. GoldenJonas is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,378

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    but what Cracky said is essentially true.
    Holy ****, hell froze over, pigs are flying better than Tom Cruise in TopGun, and monkeys are literally falling out of my butt.....this is a great day to be on the interwebz indeed.
  7. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also interresting to note in Ontario where MMA and Pankration are still illegal they changed the rules, extended the ground time, increased contact and got rid of the gi and call it sport MMA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqG1s4ek0I
  8. MastaChance is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:22pm


     Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    ...and what it is is shitty. It was cool when it was a legal way for people to do MMA without calling it MMA, but now there's Pankration competitions in most places, or amatuer or pro MMA. So there's no longer a need for this ****.

    I had 3 instructors and a training partner that were Canadian national amatuer champions, one of those instructors was #2 in the world at one time, and 2 were Canadian pro champs in SJ. The pro event was like Shooto rules with a gi on. So no knees or elbows, but otherwise full on MMA.
    I train with pual Creighton of Creighton MMA in Ga. He was Sport Jiu Jitsu World Champ in Leeds England for team USA, I forget what year though. He also fought in the UFC debut was against BJ Penn, he made it to the second round, then got mounted and TKOed, he looked good though. He is a great Teacher and I think the sport Jiu Jitsu comp is a grewat way to start out for MMA. It is different than Pankration, seeing as how I believe once you go to the ground you have so many seconds to secure a sub before they stand you back up, like 15 secs i think or somthing like that.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,988

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 2:17pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    I train with pual Creighton of Creighton MMA in Ga. He was Sport Jiu Jitsu World Champ in Leeds England for team USA, I forget what year though. He also fought in the UFC debut was against BJ Penn, he made it to the second round, then got mounted and TKOed, he looked good though. He is a great Teacher and I think the sport Jiu Jitsu comp is a grewat way to start out for MMA. It is different than Pankration, seeing as how I believe once you go to the ground you have so many seconds to secure a sub before they stand you back up, like 15 secs i think or somthing like that.
    Yes, I Creighton a lot as a demonstration of successful sport jujitsu.
  10. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Posted On:
    1/23/2008 9:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also interresting to note in Ontario where MMA and Pankration are still illegal they changed the rules, extended the ground time, increased contact and got rid of the gi and call it sport MMA
    Which is probably the only place where it's really still needed for MMA to progress. Ontario, living in the dark ages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Yes, I Creighton a lot as a demonstration of successful sport jujitsu.
    As little sense as this sentence makes, I agree with it. My instructors were similar. It was what there WAS to compete in, so it's what they competed in, and they got good at MMA training for it. Now, though, it's just not necessary anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.