Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 7:20pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ray Ellingsen “The Bounty Hunter”

Excutive Summary: Olorin finds out that TRS and/or Ellingsen is lying about this talent's credentials. Ray Ellingsen was never a bounty hunter or bail recovery fugitive person in Los Angles in the manner in which he has claimed. He is also not, and has never worked for, the U.S. Marshals in any capacity in the LA Area. TRS and/or Ellingsen lies like a rug

“Ray Ellingsen's Lethal Tactics The Cops Want It Kept A Secret... But Here's How To Get Your Copy Of That Impossible-To-Find Video On "Lethal Defense For Deadly Attacks"... Absolutely Free!”

Olorin slaps forehead.

Why, oh why, do I spend my time searching through the videos on TRS Direct? For those of you unaware of TRS Direct, it is a prolific distributor of “too deadly…super secret...techniques the government DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW” style videos.(1)

For the most part they are careful to not make claims that can be easily checked. But they slipped up on this one…

According to TRS Direct’s advertising Ray Ellingsen is a Bail Bondsmen/Bounty Hunter in Los Angles California.(2) Ray Ellingsen’s advertisements state that he “is one of the most respected ‘bounty hunters’ in the business.” He spends his days “hunting down the nastiest criminals who skip bail in Los Angeles, the most dangerous ‘market’ in the U.S.’”

Ray also claims to have trained police officers in California and Federal Agents. Ray has honed his deadly skills fighting through numerous violent encounters with criminals. “More than half of his take-downs involve serious violence.”(3)

TRS Direct states that Ellingsen videos will teach you…

-how to instantly “take out permanently” any attacker with a few simple moves. That’s “take out permanently” as in “kill.”(4)
    -The skills you’re about to learn are so simple... so easy... and yet so viciously-effective, that they match the more “pretty” killing skills of the most elite Special Forces in the world.(5)
    -The single best defensive move ever created - it's all you need to know to eliminate 99% of the force of any attacker's punch or charge! (and so simple you will master it immediately, even without practice!)(6)
    -How to keep from being taken to the ground when attacked by multiple opponents.(7)

You get the idea.

Ray Ellingsen claims that he has worked both with and for the US Marshals. The TRS website states that “When Ray gets a call from the U.S. Marshals office to bring in a "skip" he is almost guaranteed an adventure that would scare the piss out of you or me.”(8)

In 2004, Ray Ellingsen and Billy Burk gave a martial arts seminar entitled “Street Smarts to The Adventurers' Club. (a private men's club located at 2433 N. Broadway, Los Angeles)

Ray’s listed credentials include…

“Tactical training instructor for Los Angeles County Sheriff and U.S. Marshals. Bail enforcement officer for 1 1/2 years with the Marshals office during which he made 72 arrests of which 39 were with violent resistance. He has been in 3 knife fights and was stabbed twice in the line of duty. He is a certified knife and cane fighting instructor and only the 16th foreigner awarded 4th degree black belt by the Kyoto Academy.”(9)

First off being in three knife fights and having been stabbed twice is not a very good record, but that is neither here nor there.

Lets look at the claims. Ray is stating that the US Marshal’s office calls him to bring in fugitives and that he has worked for the US Marshals for more than a year. I contacted the US Marshal Office to ask if they hire out work to bounty hunters and/or have they ever employed Ray (or Raymond) Ellingsen in any capacity. They sent me this reply.

Dear Requester:

This is in response to your above-captioned request.

Pursuant to your request, the USMS conducted a search of the records and files in the U. S. Marshals Office for the Central District of California but located no records responsive to your specific request. The USMS does not hire bail bondsmen or bounty hunters.

…the USMS conducted a search of records and files in the USMS Human Resources Division located no records showing Mr. Ellingsen was a USMS employee.

Sincerely,

William E. Bordley

Associate General
    Counsel/FOIPA Officer
    Office of General Counsel

So this knocks down two important claims. First the Marshal’s do not contract out work to bounty hunters and they have no records pertaining to Ray Ellingsen having worked for them.

To further nail this coffin shut I wrote the California Bail Agents Association to see if they have any records pertaining to Ray Ellingsen.

Mr. XXXXX,

I checked the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services to see if Mr Ellingsen has a Security Guard Card or is a Licensed Private Investigator. He is neither.

Sometimes, bail fugitive recovery persons are LPI's or complete the security guard training that is required for CA certification. It appears he does not have a security guard card.

However, that does not mean he has not completed the required certifications under CA penal Code 1299.

There is no easy way to determine if someone is PC 1299 certified as the 3 required courses are taught by many different entities and they are not required to provide that information to the State.

Because the law does not have any one state agency over seeing it, many bail fugitive recovery persons in CA are not PC 1299 compliant.

I have also checked the CBAA membership roster. Unless he has joined our association recently, he is not and has not been a member the last 2 years.

I can check with other bounty hunters in the LA area to see if anyone knows of him.

Tony S.
    California Bail Agents Association
    Public and Media Relations Committee Chair

I wrote Tony S. a few more times. After some snooping into Ray Ellingsen, Tony stated “I put a few feelers out and those that did respond have not heard or know of him. Have you seen any of his videos? Do they look legit? I'm surprised that no one has verified his experienced yet. I have a large network of bail and recovery agents and no one knows of him. I will keep looking and will be in touch.”

According to Ray’s adds on TRS Direct he is both a “well known and well respected” bounty hunter but Tony S, the California bail Agents Association, and the people Tony contacted had never heard of a bounty hunter named Ray Ellingsen that operated out of Los Angles.

Tony S. states that a bounty hunter can be licensed in several ways but that does not get Ray Ellingsen off the hook. After some digging I discovered that to be a Bail Bondsmen in the state of California you have to be licensed by the California Department of Insurance.10 According to California Insurance Code Div. 1, Part 2, Ch. 7 Section 1801, you must file for one of three licenses.

1 Bail agents' license [Section 1802]
    2. Bail permitees' license [Section 1802.5]
    3. Bail solicitors' license [Section 1803]

You must also file with the commissioner a surety bond of $1000 for proper handling of money collected [Section 1802], place a notice of appointment on file with commissioner by a surety insurer [Section 1802.1], file an application in the form prescribed by the commissioner [Section 1804], and pay applicable license fees [Section 1811](11)

I contacted the California Department of Insurance to ask if they had a record for Ray (or Raymond) Ellingsen (as either a Bail Bondsmen or licensed bounty hunter) and received this reply:

“We have had no one license in California by that name as a bail bondman or any other license insurance agent.

Sue H.
    Producer Licensing
    800-967-9331”

According to the information I received Ray Ellingsen is not now, nor has he ever been, a bail agent of bounty hunter in the state of California.

So what does Ray spend his day doing? Well, he is a commercial and film director associated with a company called Ugly Old Bird Production.12 Ray has made such memorable films and The Rain Makers (2005) staring Jake Busey (Gary Busey’s son) as “Shaw.” Ray Ellingsen wrote, directed, and also appeared in the movie as “Cole”(13)

Here is a link to Ray’s IMDB listing.(14)

Now I sat down and watched this movie to see if the man pictured on the TRS Website matched the character of Cole.

Here is a screen capture from the movie…

And here are a couple pictures of Ray Ellingsen from TRS Direct…

It seems clear to me that we are dealing with the same person.

So what have we found out so far? Well it seems clear that Ray Ellingsen is not and has never been a bounty hunter or bail recovery fugitive person in Los Angles, he is also not and has never worked for the U.S. Marshals in any capacity in the Los Angeles Area. Ray uses these false claims to give credibility and weight to his videos. But according to my research it is unlikely that any of it is true.

I feel certain that we can call Bullshido on the fake bounty hunter Ray Ellingsen

1. http://www.trsdirect.com/index.shtml
    2. http://www.trsdirect.com/talent.php?id=Ellingsen
    3. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    4. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    5. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    6. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    7. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    8. http://www.trsdirect.com/product.php?sku=LE-77
    9. http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage... zoominfo.com
    10. http://www.insurance.ca.gov/
    11. http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ail%20Laws.htm
    12. http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rid=rainrout66
    Last edited by Olorin; 2/06/2008 12:16pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 7:26pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent work. Seems very thorough, but why did you post this in the MMA forum?

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 7:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, I did not notice the we moved the placement of the forums, I will move it...

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 7:31pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm transferring it to MABS

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 7:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also wrote an executive summary. TRS and or Ray, can threaten me with legal action over that part. :P

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 8:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow....excellent work!

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 8:09pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I put up a front page article with a link to this thread.

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks!

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 8:26pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you made any attempts to contact Ray Ellingsen about the claims in the TRS materials?

Posted On:
    2/04/2008 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have thought about it. When I wrote my "Swiftdeer" Reagan article we contacted him and he never responded. I assume we would get the same thing in this case. If Ray came over he would have to defend not just the bounty hunter/US Marshal stuff, but also his too deadly...take out an attacker with one move...defend against multiple opponents...TRS stuff.

That would be a bad move for him.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast