Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 8:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Galesburg, IL: Don Housman - possible bullshidoka in my own town?

I am a Karate,Boxing,Kickboxing,and NHB/MMA instructor. I also have Phd. in theology.. My personalty is easy going. My background in the martail arts. I hold 4 teaching degree's 5th.blk belt in Ninjutsu, 3rd.blk Shito Ryu Karate, 2nd blk belt Ishin Ryu Karate, 1st dan Tae Kwon Do, and instrustor cert. Tai Chi.. I have over 300 karate matches full-contact and point. Pro kickboxing 24-0. amature boxing 33-0-1. NHB or what is now known as MMA now 21-0...... 2007 King Of The Streets SuperHeavy Wt.Champion. Some other titles I have held T.K.A. World champion, I.F.K.F. North American champ.

This came for the myspace.com site of one Don Housman. I can't find a single thing on this guy to verify any of his claims.

And what the heck is the King of the Streets? He claims this one was in Mexico, but I can't find anything on this at all.

T.K.A. World Champion?

I.F.K.F. North American Champ?

Who is this guy and who and what are the belts and titles he's claiming to hold?

If he's a pro kickboxer with a 24-0 record, what sanctioning body?

It only scares me because he is working with a Youth Athletic Club in town. I was going to sign my son up for some boxing lessons but this guy is attached to the club and red flags went up everywhere with all these claims of orgs I have NEVER heard of. And the 5th Dan Ninjitsu thing...

The guy is a horrible speller but has a PHD?

Anyone?

http://www.myspace.com/donhousman

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have sent a Myspace message inviting him to join the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by me motherfuckers
    We have recently seen a thread started on you, questioning your stated credentials. It is at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59557 if you would like to join the discussion.

Locu5
    For clarity, illinoisbulldog, is the extent of your relationship with him the contact you had as you considered signing your son up at the Youth Athletic Club? Also, what is your martial experience?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 4:39pm

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd also like to see an actual webpage for his org, as well as hear a little from him. The spelling/grammar problems combined with a possible PhD does worry me as well, although it could be he just didn't put a lot of effort into it. All judgements are reserved until I have further evidence.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 6:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I talked to my a friend of mine today, who teaches here in town to see if he knows anything. All he said was, "I've met him, I've talked to him but I haven't worked out with him."

I was a green belt back in like 91, so I'm no expert on ability. I know the background of the gentleman who runs the boxing program. Total legit. It's just odd that the gentleman who is running the martial arts/MMA/Karate/Ninjitsu/Kickboxing appears to making some claims that are not so easily verifiable as the boxing coach. Does that make sense?

Nowhere on the GYAC web site does it state the "Shidoshi's" titles, current title of King of the Streets (?) or the organizations or associations he is certified by or through. I'm pretty well versed with google and nothing, I repeat nada is coming up about this guy and his titles, claims, rank...

The other schools in town are pretty easy to check out it seems. The Kuk Sool Won schools are associated with Suh and his World Kuk Sool Association and you can verify their rank via the WKSA web site. Call me paranoid, but a guy who shows up at a Youth Athletic Club making some pretty interesting claims should be investigated. It also makes me questions the judgement of the individual running the boxing program if this guy is totally bogus.

Hopefully, he's a good guy with legit credentials and no spell check.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 7:27pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neither MMAfighting.com or Sherdog have any listings for this guy.

MMAfighting.com has listed a "King of the Streets" name for some matches in 2006 and early this year, but there is no Don Housman listed.
    Last edited by joecos; 9/02/2007 9:20pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 7:32pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I copied the myspace link and put on a thread about fake fighters on Sherdog to see if anyone there knows who he is. If he's legit someone there is bound to know about him. If he is full **** they'll be on him like white on rice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 9:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still haven't found anything on this guy what so ever. An "undefeated kickboxing, boxing and MMA champ" within 45 miles of the Militech camp...hmmm...I think I might make some calls. You'd think they would know this guy, right? Or am I assuming too much?

poser

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 9:18pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like BS to me. Does he even have a website?

It's probably not even worth investigating, since Myspace exaggeration is used mainly to attract mates, and they'll find out soon enough that he's full of it.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 9:21pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of the IFKF, only the IKF, and they're a well-known kickboxing organization that has an MMA sister group called the ISCF.

The Galesburg Youth Athletic Club has this info on him:

http://www.gyac.com/htdocs/policies.php?cid=17

The Karate is headed by Don Housman, a fifth degree Black Belt in the martial arts field. Housman has more than 27 years experience in a number of different forms. As with both sports the main object is to provide an alternative to the youth in our community. sports is an excellent way to teach our students discipline and to take responsibility for their own actions. While providing a diversion to many of the elements that our young people are faced with on a daily basis we are giving them a safe place to hang out,both Instructors teach values, that hopefully will enhance everyones life skills long after their sporting days have passed.
    His myspace says he's 38, but his profile on the GYAC homepage shows 27 years of MA experience.

His myspace also says that he's the head coach of "Impact MMA" in Galesburg, IL since 2006. The only Impact MMA I came across was a school in Ohio: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=12227886

Asides from that, nada, zilch.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is leaning towards total bullshido. My concern again is that he is working in and around kids, but has no verifiable background or credentials it appears.

He should at least list the sanctioning bodies he's fought for. TKA World Champion means nothing to me. What does TKA stand for?

I've contacted people who actually fight for the IKF, International Kickboxing Federation, and they have no idea who this guy is or the titles he's claiming.

I've sent emails out to one UFC veteran and a current Bodog fighter to see if he knows anything about this guy or if anyone has ever heard of him or the promotion "King of the Streets" (Mexico).

Myspace or not, the guy has opened himself up.
    I'm calling the GYAC back and asking for references for this guy.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast