Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 11:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tengu22
    This guy is claiming to be an 8th Degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. He's out of Forest City, NC. Form and technique-wise, he is definately not standard Shotokan. Does anyone know if he has any credability? Here is a link to a bunch of videos of his.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RAFFSTER83

There are some clips of him during his "4th Degree Black Belt" test... which is ironically in his own Dojo and I only notcied a bunch of his own students around. His son is the one who posted all the videos. Thanks!
    Personally I love the board breaking. Doesn't anyone ever see this garbage and ask him why the board break right down the middle perfectly everytime?? One trip to a martial arts store and you find you're answer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 11:24pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a few of Ray Rice's comp vids, he seems to know what he's doing.

EDIT:
    This video offends my sensibilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-d1rj7wqk
    Last edited by huge; 6/16/2008 11:27pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ2NV
    Ok little boys let me set the record straight for you all including you especially Matthew aka templar_knight.

For those who don't know me im Brandon Rice the son of Ray Rice just so you know that you have a reputable source for this type of information not just a bunch of jealous hot air being posted.

ok let the schooling begin.................

ready

I can asure that his credibility is 100% he has been in martial arts for over 35 years and teaching since the mid 70's, He has a background in shotokan, tae kwon do, and aikdo (me too) so hes not strictly shotokan because his school is considered free style now because we've integrated several styles but still carry the traditional shotokan kata system and line drill tech. (I hate kata)

for the recorde he is a true martial artist and a kickboxer (me too)there's no imitation i can assure you because 4 world titles (dime a dozen - nothing listed on the PKA which would be about this time) just dont fall outta the sky and having fights in Russia, Italy, France, Canada, and all over the US says something. I guess my googlefu is weak. I find nothing. Link please)

Pay no attention to the rant made by templar knight (who was there about 8 years) everyone he defently didnt learn to Respect and Honor the Instructor which is two of the corner stones of martial arts and to have him come on here and slander the instructor who taught him pretty much everything he knows and was teaching martial arts before he was even a thought to his parents just goes to show what a sorry excuse for a martial artist he really is, i mean.

martial arts isnt all about the combat side of it (what?) thats why so many mma/bjj fanatics have there head up there ass because they are to ignorant to understand the true meaning of martial arts thats been passed down from generation ot generation. but as i recall matthew those "guys" who had there stuff together in the bjj class always got there ass handed to them when they actually entered a real mma fight, if you ask me those people are the jokes including you. so feel free to show this around to all your paper tiger friends because im posting this for you and all the wantabees you might be training with now.

besides martial arts isn't about being the baddest bad ass on the block its about (winning, no matter what it takes) making you a better and stronger person that people can look up to and know hey this guy/girl is different than the rest of the people i want some of what they got.

You people around here will stop slandering my fathers name (well said by a dutiful son) by your choice or by getting your mouth shut personally, so i hope you make the right decision. (Are you threatening me?) I mean you quit so shut the hell up and move on with your life.........or should i say what life with spreading this type of garbage.

so i apologize to everyone that had to read this post (next time use small font and try to spell as though your father put as much emphasis on education as on being a badass) but i had to set the record straight for all you folks who may have the wrong impression of my father from this clown.

Thank You and all you true Martial Artist have a Good Day

Brandon Rice (az2nv@hotmail.com) for those who want to know more or comment on this post.
    Please provide fight record and who promoted to Hachi-Dan!!!!

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 3:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ray rice

While I can't vouch for his four (count em four) world titles, I do have a little bit of first hand experience in relation to Mr. Rice's actual fighting skills. As a native of the same basic area of Mr. Rice, I had long been aware of his reputation as the areas martial arts kingpin. So, in the early 90's when I spent alot of time on the Toughman circuit, I was surprised to see him as an entrant to one of the same tournaments I was. First off, you can miss the sign on the front of his gym proclaiming his four world titles and displaying a large selection of trophies. But one of the requirements to fighting in the Toughman contests is that you cannot have professional fighting experience (or at least must be a very limited amount and one would assume that fighting around the globe and winning world titles would surpass this). I was never quite able to make those two things jive.

However, despite this I was still pretty excited to see him fight. I had heard about his skills for years, and some friends of mine who were in attendance (and happened to be black belts in Tae Kwon Do) were quick to inform me that myself and the other competitors should just pack it on in because Ray was going to win this one hands down in no time. keep in mind that their prediction was also based on the years they had spent HEARING what a monster he was in the ring. To be honest, I got a little excited about the prospect of being able to fight him if the draw worked out well. Well, that was not to be.. Why you ask? Could it be that I got beated to early in the tournament and didn't make it to the finals to face the master? Well I guess it could've been, but the truth is that Mr. Rice got ktfo'd by a kid who looked like he was 16 in the first round of his first fight.

Now, I will be the first to admit that we all have off days, and anyone can get caught with a lucky punch. But the skill level required to win four world titles should at least get you to the second round of a local Toughman contest. I appreciate Ray's son defending his father's honor, and am sure that everyone here would do the same. But you probably shouldn't wag your finger in other people's faces telling them they don't understand the deeper side of martial arts and then threaten to beat them up if they don't be quiet! I think we all know that some of the older school martial arts techniques don't necessarily lend themselves to MMA or actual street fighting. Ray's techniques appear to me to be setup for point fighting and demonstrations, but that does not take away from the discipline and pride he can impart to his students. It just means that maybe he, and his students should stick to point fighting and demonstrations!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 12:21am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that video up there a video of him? This **** looks, and sounds like bullshido to me.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 12:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See that demonstration (wow camouflage Gi... give it up for that :wav:) is the exact **** that will not work but looks so cool and promising (and cost me a couple of years of MA time spend on :crybaby2:) it is :bssign:
    Ever seen a guy who knows just a little about fighting with a knife attack like that? No? Makes you wonder why.
    Ever seen somebody attack you up front, with a choke arms all stretched out? No? Makes you wonder why.
    I could go on but I think the point is clear, this **** does NOT work. I am not saying anything about the fighting abilities of that guy since I haven't seen him fight but if this is the only kind of training he had I highly doubt he can fight.
    I have seen people who teach stuff like that AND can fight but they could fight before and just teach that **** because it gets them paid.
    What I am saying is, his "rank" might be legit but his fighting skills most likely not.

And a side not, what is it about not questioning your teacher? Since when do I have to turn into a mindless robot when training MAs? The most respect I have is for teachers who encourage you to question what they teach, who will answer your questions and prove what they are teaching. You don't get my respect because you managed to tie a black belt around your waist...

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What weight class(es) did Ray Rice fight in , under what organization , and what years ? I am having a hard time getting this information .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah...that video just screams to me he is putting on a demo for kids to get more people to sign up for his school. Totally looks like unusable BS.

I'm not sure where the **** Forest City is, but there are plenty of us around Raleigh that would be happy to show him or his son what a FUNCTIONAL martial arts school looks like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 5:44pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone contacted the man himself?

Posted On:
    8/15/2008 8:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

my friend brandon

:laughing4 hey brandon what up litlee boy do you remember mi i.m pedro from guadalajara you now let me toll this stupids gays.ray rice chainge my life by trainen me y became a beter person y learn self defens.and you seeht scuse my inglish ,dicipline and a lot more, i always tanks your dad for all he became for me you all are may family, and for all the trash that ist bla.bla bla,about your dad your are lucky i m not obether ass holss.and if you spick ispanic chingen a toda su madre putos y dejen de estar molestando a mi amigo rice....
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast