222368 Bullies, 4154 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 205
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:01pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    I'm not calling him out because I don't care. I don't contact him because I don't care. I haven't called him any names because I don't care. Stop generalizing everything.
    what did i generate? maybe you dont care, but there was 4 pages worth of stuff in this thread by people who cared before i came in!
  2. reaper533 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:26pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i do know someone from his school knows about this thread. on anothe message board on myspace someone alled him out and also mentioned this thread. so i would believe his student would tell him about it. my guess is that since he is apart of team shitalypse they told him not to come to this site like they did everyone else.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,785

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:28pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    it is not bragging IF you HAVE has a large amount of fights (not saying he has, just making a point). i found the site? so what. so you guys want to call him out, but you think it is his responsibility to find out where you are calling him out and respond? wow, you are full of yourself! i dont speak for him, but knowing the way he was, i sincerely doubt he feels the need to defend himself to you on an internet forum. however, if you took the time to write him, i am also sure he would respond. in the time it took you to write ME and tell me he should defend himself to YOU, you could have shot him an email and asked him. but you choose not to. i dont know if he was contacted, but not one person in here said he wrote to him, so i made my own conclusions much like you just did.
    Learn how to read okay?

    what did i generate? maybe you dont care, but there was 4 pages worth of stuff in this thread by people who cared before i came in!
    See you can't read can you?

    Generate and generalize do not mean the same thing.
    Generalize:1: to form generalizations; also : to make vague or indefinite statements
    This is what you are doing.

    Here let me show you:
    so what. so you guys want to call him out, but you think it is his responsibility to find out where you are calling him out and respond?
    No, I could care less. I responded to your generalizations and explained why there are questions. I didn't call him out. SO the bold is a generalization.

    you could have shot him an email and asked him.
    Why I didn't question him? The OP did. I never commented until you posted. Again another generalization.

    so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.
    Let' see neither I nor Omega ripped the guy in any way. More generalizations.

    you guys want to judge from afar without taking the simple step of ASKING him.
    Again commenting on a 150 fights is not judging the guys ability. Another generalization.


    wow, you are full of yourself!
    No this is you. If you took the time to actually read instead of respond angrily, you might understand the last few posts.
  4. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:35pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Dude, I've met some really decent instructors out there that have never stepped in the ring. They didn't go around bragging about their "acomplishments" either. The reason being was there were too many people out there that could call them on their bullshit. I don't know for the life of me if this guy is real or not. Truthfully I don't care but his record does go to his integrity. I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.

    I want to see video if he's had that many fights. Even I had video and proof of my fights before 1994. 150 fights is a lot of fights very few can lay claim to without having proof. Sorry if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling duck. He may be a good coach but the record is a red flag if I ever saw one.
    yes, you got me really good in your last post! clearly, you do not call him out here! clearly, you dont care, based on this post. wharever. sorry, i did not mean to generalize. you obviously just dropped in to say hi. so if i cant read, i guess that means you have amnesia.
    Last edited by theREALJoeSon; 2/26/2008 1:38pm at .
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,785

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:40pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    yes, you got me really good in your last post! clearly, you do not call him out here! clearly, you dont care, based on this post. wharever. sorry, i did not mean to generalize. you obviously just dropped in to say hi.
    No that is called asking to see a video. He also confirmed how hard it is to get a hold of MMA records in the time frame you named or are you just looking for an argument?

    I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.
    Did you miss this part on purpose?

    Probably.

    Damn I hate when people get angry and edit their posts.

    Next time you email your friend tell him we all said hi.[/sarcasm]
  6. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:52pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    No that is called asking to see a video. He also confirmed how hard it is to get a hold of MMA records in the time frame you named or are you just looking for an argument?

    Did you miss this part on purpose?

    Probably.

    Damn I hate when people get angry and edit their posts.

    Next time you email your friend tell him we all said hi.[/sarcasm]
    i came in here to say:

    1. i studied under the man years ago
    2. i can not verify his record, nor have i seen his fights
    3. he was nothing but professional and respectful as a teacher.
    4. shoot him an email, i am sure he would reply

    responses included:

    1. hi charlie
    2. next time i email my friend, say hi (i never said we were friends. in fact i said i had not seen him in years)
    3. his team is ****
    4. i am starting things.
    5. he is a fraud
    6. well he speaks japanese, i guess he is legit!
    on and on.


    it seems to me like you guys just want to jump on anything that does not follow your thinking. from what i said, it boggles my mind why you guys feel the need to jump on me. for what? for simply saying i had a positive experience? wow.

    edit- (yes edit)- and he did not ASK to see a video. he said he wanted to see a video. there is a difference. especially when you are arrogant enough to post it on a forum the man is not a member of and make it his obligation to come here and show it. but go ahead and flame me while still not emailing him. yes, i know, somebody that knows him knows about this thread. therefore it is HIS responsibility to come here and answer to you people that are the defenders of all that is holy in the world of mma.
    Last edited by theREALJoeSon; 2/26/2008 1:55pm at .
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,785

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 2:07pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You haven't trained with him in 10 years. What's your point?

    i came in here to say:

    1. i studied under the man years ago
    2. i can not verify his record, nor have i seen his fights
    3. he was nothing but professional and respectful as a teacher.
    4. shoot him an email, i am sure he would reply
    No this is what you said.
    i can add a little to this. I studided under this man in North Dakota in the mid 90's while he was teaching his art called Amrajutsu. this was at the beginning of the ufc. i can tell you this man was never anything but TOTALLY respectful to martial arts. he required you to watch his class a week before you could join to see if it was for you. he kicked out 2 guys who started a fight in a bar one weekend because they were bragging about being badasses, etc. we spoke japanese extensively in class. he never bragged about being a badass, but i have NEVER come across anyone in my life who was badder.

    what he always said about the ufc was this: the gracies started this to promote royce. there were plenty of better fighters that never got a shot in the ufc because they did not want to put royce at risk. he never said he was "overqualified," just that he and others may have been better competition early on.

    as for why he did not fight in pride or ufc later, he was always battling injuries. he actually had 1 fight while i was studying under him and it was in oklahoma and he won. but after it he said it would be his last fight because he didnt want to get banged up anymore and just preferred to teach.

    i have nothing put positive things to say about him. i have no way of verifying what he says, so i wont comment on it. what i will say is that he never came across as a blowhard, liar, cheat, phoney, etc. he was respectful to all and always downplayed his own accomplishments. i also know that he does have a teaching degree, so he is qualified to teach. and if you guys think he is a fraud, go down and spar with him! i am sure he would love to have you.

    oh and 2 more things. he used to go by chuck ward and tai'kor i am not familiar with. however, his amrajutsu was very similay to a combat jj. nothing flashy at all about it.
    Completely different posts.

    Now, if you don't understand why the bold led to some of your responses then, there is no help.

    Continue your complaining.
  8. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,956

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 2:11pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    yes, you got me really good in your last post! clearly, you do not call him out here! clearly, you dont care, based on this post. wharever. sorry, i did not mean to generalize. you obviously just dropped in to say hi. so if i cant read, i guess that means you have amnesia.

    Here's my original post dumbfuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    He has no fight record I can find. He's been practicing since he was 4. 150 fights can mean anything. Smokers, streetfights, amateur, professional or spats with girlfriends. If he actually has 150 fights though I doubt any of them are full legit fights. Also it doesn't point out a win lose record so it's not like he's making himself ungodly or anything. Bottom line why doesn't anybody in the are go check him out?
    So you can kiss my fucking ass you little bitch.

    Edit* What I meant by that other post was that if I had somebody I was learning under and he had 150 fights I would want to see some proof. I don't train with him so I don't care.
  9. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 3:29pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    3. his team is ****
    It's not his team.

    And they are ****. There are documented cases of this very team inflating and just plain making up fight records, so excuse us if we don't buy the 150 fight thing right off the bat.

    Maybe he got suckered in, I don't know. But if the guy is legit, then being associated with Team Apocalypse really isn't doing him any favours, trust me.
  10. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 4:26pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    It's not his team.

    And they are ****. There are documented cases of this very team inflating and just plain making up fight records, so excuse us if we don't buy the 150 fight thing right off the bat.

    Maybe he got suckered in, I don't know. But if the guy is legit, then being associated with Team Apocalypse really isn't doing him any favours, trust me.
    please show me where i said you need to buy it? i simply said maybe you should ask him about it.
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.