Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:51am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    For all we know, Charlie Ward really does have legitimate fighting skills and may or may not be a decent martial arts instructor.

However, claiming to have over 150 fights with a professional record of 89-0 and not being able to back up his claims with ANY verifiable sources does not, in my eyes, make him very reputable. It doesn't matter if he can kick all of our asses... if he's lying through his teeth about his fight record, he's still considered a fraud.

mind you, i am coming into this discussion with very little knowledge of professional fighting and how it is recorded/works. but i do know he stopped fighting almost completely before 1994. knowing that, what kind of sanctioning bodies were there back then? i just did a fight finder search and all of the mma guys from that era had no recorded fights before 1993. does that mean none of them had fights before this time? i dont say this to doubt or be a smartass. it is a legit question. so you do not see him on fightfinder? so what. i dont see any fighters having records on fight finder from the period he fought. so if there is another source, i am not sure.

but you guys claim he cant back anything up, but nobody has asked HIM to do it! you just said it was alarming, did a little research and made your own conclusions. yet, in my googling, i do not see any frank dux type articles out there about the man. he does not go out promoting himself like that. and when i was studying with him, there was very little talk about his achievements. he just let his instructing do the speaking for him. if you take an objective look at his myspace, you will see he does not talk about himself in a bragging manner. he just states what he has done. again, just ask him. listen to his side.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 10:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extensive Japanese and creating two martial arts himself... the guy must be legit!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 11:34am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    mind you, i am coming into this discussion with very little knowledge of professional fighting and how it is recorded/works. but i do know he stopped fighting almost completely before 1994. knowing that, what kind of sanctioning bodies were there back then? i just did a fight finder search and all of the mma guys from that era had no recorded fights before 1993. does that mean none of them had fights before this time? i dont say this to doubt or be a smartass. it is a legit question. so you do not see him on fightfinder? so what. i dont see any fighters having records on fight finder from the period he fought. so if there is another source, i am not sure.

but you guys claim he cant back anything up, but nobody has asked HIM to do it! you just said it was alarming, did a little research and made your own conclusions. yet, in my googling, i do not see any frank dux type articles out there about the man. he does not go out promoting himself like that. and when i was studying with him, there was very little talk about his achievements. he just let his instructing do the speaking for him. if you take an objective look at his myspace, you will see he does not talk about himself in a bragging manner. he just states what he has done. again, just ask him. listen to his side.
    Dude, I've met some really decent instructors out there that have never stepped in the ring. They didn't go around bragging about their "acomplishments" either. The reason being was there were too many people out there that could call them on their bullshit. I don't know for the life of me if this guy is real or not. Truthfully I don't care but his record does go to his integrity. I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.

I want to see video if he's had that many fights. Even I had video and proof of my fights before 1994. 150 fights is a lot of fights very few can lay claim to without having proof. Sorry if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling duck. He may be a good coach but the record is a red flag if I ever saw one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT
    Extensive Japanese and creating two martial arts himself... the guy must be legit!!
    i cant speak fo tai'kor, but i took amrajutsu from him. a little googling and you can find the book he wrote online. but again, you guys want to judge from afar without taking the simple step of ASKING him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Dude, I've met some really decent instructors out there that have never stepped in the ring. They didn't go around bragging about their "acomplishments" either. The reason being was there were too many people out there that could call them on their bullshit. I don't know for the life of me if this guy is real or not. Truthfully I don't care but his record does go to his integrity. I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.

I want to see video if he's had that many fights. Even I had video and proof of my fights before 1994. 150 fights is a lot of fights very few can lay claim to without having proof. Sorry if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling duck. He may be a good coach but the record is a red flag if I ever saw one.
    and again, i am not saying the record is legit as i have no proof/source. all i am saying is that it amazes me that there are 5 pages of people calling him a fraud, fake, phoney, liar, asshole, whatever. yet not one person in here will take the tiny step of contacting him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree with kid why does everyone come on here and say come fight me ill show you im real? what does that prove? nothing except the guy can fight. it doesnt prove he trained in thailand. it doesnt prove he has 150 fights under his belt. i have seen a trend everytime something gets big in the fight game like when karate got big, everyone and their dog claimed they were trained in japan by some sort of master. when kickboxer came out everyone suddenly was a thai boxer tained in thai land or suddenly every american kickboxer threw in a few elbows and knees and said look im a thai boxer now. now everyone has jumped on the bjj bandwagon and i am seeing this personally "oh i learned bjj from brasil i lived there for 3 yrs". lol someone actually said that to me at a fight this wekend. the funny thing is my wife went to school with him during the time he was suposed to be there lol. anyay we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper533
    i agree with kid why does everyone come on here and say come fight me ill show you im real? what does that prove? nothing except the guy can fight. it doesnt prove he trained in thailand. it doesnt prove he has 150 fights under his belt. i have seen a trend everytime something gets big in the fight game like when karate got big, everyone and their dog claimed they were trained in japan by some sort of master. when kickboxer came out everyone suddenly was a thai boxer tained in thai land or suddenly every american kickboxer threw in a few elbows and knees and said look im a thai boxer now. now everyone has jumped on the bjj bandwagon and i am seeing this personally "oh i learned bjj from brasil i lived there for 3 yrs". lol someone actually said that to me at a fight this wekend. the funny thing is my wife went to school with him during the time he was suposed to be there lol. anyay we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.
    first, he never came on here and said anything. i am a former student who has not spoken to him in over 10 years and only swapped a couple short emails. i do not pretend to be him or speak for him. and how exactly are you calling him out? for the 10th time i repeat, none of you even contacted him! so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first, he never came on here and said anything. i am a former student who has not spoken to him in over 10 years and only swapped a couple short emails. i do not pretend to be him or speak for him. and how exactly are you calling him out? for the 10th time i repeat, none of you even contacted him! so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.
    Okay when you talk about a large amount of fights it is bragging. When you wear a Championship belt in a Pic, it is a form of bragging. Also, not everyone is ripping on the guy get your facts correct.

People questioned the record and a few said he was fake. Don't paint all people into a corner.
    Unverified large fight records are suspect, frrom joe blow to Rickson Gracie.

So, your argument is false.

Also, please read correctly.

we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.
    You found the thread so, IMO, he knows it exists. He chooses not to respond. Seriously, how do you know he wasn't contacted?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:45pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not calling him out because I don't care. I don't contact him because I don't care. I haven't called him any names because I don't care. Stop generalizing everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Okay when you talk about a large amount of fights it is bragging. When you wear a Championship belt in a Pic, it is a form of bragging. Also, not everyone is ripping on the guy get your facts correct.

People questioned the record and a few said he was fake. Don't paint all people into a corner.
    Unverified large fight records are suspect, frrom joe blow to Rickson Gracie.

So, your argument is false.

Also, please read correctly.

You found the thread so, IMO, he knows it exists. He chooses not to respond. Seriously, how do you know he wasn't contacted?
    it is not bragging IF you HAVE has a large amount of fights (not saying he has, just making a point). i found the site? so what. so you guys want to call him out, but you think it is his responsibility to find out where you are calling him out and respond? wow, you are full of yourself! i dont speak for him, but knowing the way he was, i sincerely doubt he feels the need to defend himself to you on an internet forum. however, if you took the time to write him, i am also sure he would respond. in the time it took you to write ME and tell me he should defend himself to YOU, you could have shot him an email and asked him. but you choose not to. i dont know if he was contacted, but not one person in here said he wrote to him, so i made my own conclusions much like you just did.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast