222422 Bullies, 4267 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 205
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:51am


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    For all we know, Charlie Ward really does have legitimate fighting skills and may or may not be a decent martial arts instructor.

    However, claiming to have over 150 fights with a professional record of 89-0 and not being able to back up his claims with ANY verifiable sources does not, in my eyes, make him very reputable. It doesn't matter if he can kick all of our asses... if he's lying through his teeth about his fight record, he's still considered a fraud.

    mind you, i am coming into this discussion with very little knowledge of professional fighting and how it is recorded/works. but i do know he stopped fighting almost completely before 1994. knowing that, what kind of sanctioning bodies were there back then? i just did a fight finder search and all of the mma guys from that era had no recorded fights before 1993. does that mean none of them had fights before this time? i dont say this to doubt or be a smartass. it is a legit question. so you do not see him on fightfinder? so what. i dont see any fighters having records on fight finder from the period he fought. so if there is another source, i am not sure.

    but you guys claim he cant back anything up, but nobody has asked HIM to do it! you just said it was alarming, did a little research and made your own conclusions. yet, in my googling, i do not see any frank dux type articles out there about the man. he does not go out promoting himself like that. and when i was studying with him, there was very little talk about his achievements. he just let his instructing do the speaking for him. if you take an objective look at his myspace, you will see he does not talk about himself in a bragging manner. he just states what he has done. again, just ask him. listen to his side.
  2. RobT is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Swansea, Wales
    Posts
    454

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 10:18am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extensive Japanese and creating two martial arts himself... the guy must be legit!!
  3. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 11:34am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    mind you, i am coming into this discussion with very little knowledge of professional fighting and how it is recorded/works. but i do know he stopped fighting almost completely before 1994. knowing that, what kind of sanctioning bodies were there back then? i just did a fight finder search and all of the mma guys from that era had no recorded fights before 1993. does that mean none of them had fights before this time? i dont say this to doubt or be a smartass. it is a legit question. so you do not see him on fightfinder? so what. i dont see any fighters having records on fight finder from the period he fought. so if there is another source, i am not sure.

    but you guys claim he cant back anything up, but nobody has asked HIM to do it! you just said it was alarming, did a little research and made your own conclusions. yet, in my googling, i do not see any frank dux type articles out there about the man. he does not go out promoting himself like that. and when i was studying with him, there was very little talk about his achievements. he just let his instructing do the speaking for him. if you take an objective look at his myspace, you will see he does not talk about himself in a bragging manner. he just states what he has done. again, just ask him. listen to his side.
    Dude, I've met some really decent instructors out there that have never stepped in the ring. They didn't go around bragging about their "acomplishments" either. The reason being was there were too many people out there that could call them on their bullshit. I don't know for the life of me if this guy is real or not. Truthfully I don't care but his record does go to his integrity. I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.

    I want to see video if he's had that many fights. Even I had video and proof of my fights before 1994. 150 fights is a lot of fights very few can lay claim to without having proof. Sorry if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling duck. He may be a good coach but the record is a red flag if I ever saw one.
  4. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:00pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT
    Extensive Japanese and creating two martial arts himself... the guy must be legit!!
    i cant speak fo tai'kor, but i took amrajutsu from him. a little googling and you can find the book he wrote online. but again, you guys want to judge from afar without taking the simple step of ASKING him.
  5. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:02pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Dude, I've met some really decent instructors out there that have never stepped in the ring. They didn't go around bragging about their "acomplishments" either. The reason being was there were too many people out there that could call them on their bullshit. I don't know for the life of me if this guy is real or not. Truthfully I don't care but his record does go to his integrity. I bitch and complain because the most prominent record keeper for mma doesn't have all my fights but I'm not the only one so I'm not really that bitter about it.

    I want to see video if he's had that many fights. Even I had video and proof of my fights before 1994. 150 fights is a lot of fights very few can lay claim to without having proof. Sorry if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling duck. He may be a good coach but the record is a red flag if I ever saw one.
    and again, i am not saying the record is legit as i have no proof/source. all i am saying is that it amazes me that there are 5 pages of people calling him a fraud, fake, phoney, liar, asshole, whatever. yet not one person in here will take the tiny step of contacting him.
  6. reaper533 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:11pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree with kid why does everyone come on here and say come fight me ill show you im real? what does that prove? nothing except the guy can fight. it doesnt prove he trained in thailand. it doesnt prove he has 150 fights under his belt. i have seen a trend everytime something gets big in the fight game like when karate got big, everyone and their dog claimed they were trained in japan by some sort of master. when kickboxer came out everyone suddenly was a thai boxer tained in thai land or suddenly every american kickboxer threw in a few elbows and knees and said look im a thai boxer now. now everyone has jumped on the bjj bandwagon and i am seeing this personally "oh i learned bjj from brasil i lived there for 3 yrs". lol someone actually said that to me at a fight this wekend. the funny thing is my wife went to school with him during the time he was suposed to be there lol. anyay we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.
  7. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:21pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper533
    i agree with kid why does everyone come on here and say come fight me ill show you im real? what does that prove? nothing except the guy can fight. it doesnt prove he trained in thailand. it doesnt prove he has 150 fights under his belt. i have seen a trend everytime something gets big in the fight game like when karate got big, everyone and their dog claimed they were trained in japan by some sort of master. when kickboxer came out everyone suddenly was a thai boxer tained in thai land or suddenly every american kickboxer threw in a few elbows and knees and said look im a thai boxer now. now everyone has jumped on the bjj bandwagon and i am seeing this personally "oh i learned bjj from brasil i lived there for 3 yrs". lol someone actually said that to me at a fight this wekend. the funny thing is my wife went to school with him during the time he was suposed to be there lol. anyay we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.
    first, he never came on here and said anything. i am a former student who has not spoken to him in over 10 years and only swapped a couple short emails. i do not pretend to be him or speak for him. and how exactly are you calling him out? for the 10th time i repeat, none of you even contacted him! so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,802

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:31pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    first, he never came on here and said anything. i am a former student who has not spoken to him in over 10 years and only swapped a couple short emails. i do not pretend to be him or speak for him. and how exactly are you calling him out? for the 10th time i repeat, none of you even contacted him! so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.
    Okay when you talk about a large amount of fights it is bragging. When you wear a Championship belt in a Pic, it is a form of bragging. Also, not everyone is ripping on the guy get your facts correct.

    People questioned the record and a few said he was fake. Don't paint all people into a corner.
    Unverified large fight records are suspect, frrom joe blow to Rickson Gracie.

    So, your argument is false.

    Also, please read correctly.

    we are calling him out on his supposed record not his teaching ability or his ability to speak japnese or how he treats his students.
    You found the thread so, IMO, he knows it exists. He chooses not to respond. Seriously, how do you know he wasn't contacted?
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:45pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    first, he never came on here and said anything. i am a former student who has not spoken to him in over 10 years and only swapped a couple short emails. i do not pretend to be him or speak for him. and how exactly are you calling him out? for the 10th time i repeat, none of you even contacted him! so all you are doing is ripping on a guy without giving him a chance to respond/defend himself. whatever, have it your way.
    I'm not calling him out because I don't care. I don't contact him because I don't care. I haven't called him any names because I don't care. Stop generalizing everything.
  10. theREALJoeSon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    2/26/2008 12:59pm


     Style: n/a

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Okay when you talk about a large amount of fights it is bragging. When you wear a Championship belt in a Pic, it is a form of bragging. Also, not everyone is ripping on the guy get your facts correct.

    People questioned the record and a few said he was fake. Don't paint all people into a corner.
    Unverified large fight records are suspect, frrom joe blow to Rickson Gracie.

    So, your argument is false.

    Also, please read correctly.

    You found the thread so, IMO, he knows it exists. He chooses not to respond. Seriously, how do you know he wasn't contacted?
    it is not bragging IF you HAVE has a large amount of fights (not saying he has, just making a point). i found the site? so what. so you guys want to call him out, but you think it is his responsibility to find out where you are calling him out and respond? wow, you are full of yourself! i dont speak for him, but knowing the way he was, i sincerely doubt he feels the need to defend himself to you on an internet forum. however, if you took the time to write him, i am also sure he would respond. in the time it took you to write ME and tell me he should defend himself to YOU, you could have shot him an email and asked him. but you choose not to. i dont know if he was contacted, but not one person in here said he wrote to him, so i made my own conclusions much like you just did.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.