Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 9:12am

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since all services fall under the UCMJ and also have generally the same administrative procedures, I feel confident in saying that if he "quit" the USMC due to destroying government property he was either discharged for misconduct, with or without UCMJ action preceding it (Art. 15 or a Court-martial).

ANYBODY can submit an SF 180 and get a copy of his DD 214 showing the reason for discharge, the characterization of discharge, and the re-enlistment (RE) code. They will provide it with the privacy act info blacked out. The address to send it to is on the SF 180. You can download one off of the 'net at any number of places (just google it).

I am willing to bet he received a General (Under Honorable Conditions) or lesser characterization - certainly nothing to brag about, as that could be looked upon negatively by the civilian world (which is actually explained in a Notification of Discharge in situations like this).

BTW, I am active duty Army National Guard, and process crap like this on a daily basis.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like how he's spelled the name of his fight team wrong. "Apocolypse" indeed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 7:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone mentioned the connection here? They may have but I missed it.....

Team Apocolypse.

Dallas Cordts.

The man is a fucking poser douchebag. Nuff said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2008 4:06am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i can add a little to this. I studided under this man in North Dakota in the mid 90's while he was teaching his art called Amrajutsu. this was at the beginning of the ufc. i can tell you this man was never anything but TOTALLY respectful to martial arts. he required you to watch his class a week before you could join to see if it was for you. he kicked out 2 guys who started a fight in a bar one weekend because they were bragging about being badasses, etc. we spoke japanese extensively in class. he never bragged about being a badass, but i have NEVER come across anyone in my life who was badder.

what he always said about the ufc was this: the gracies started this to promote royce. there were plenty of better fighters that never got a shot in the ufc because they did not want to put royce at risk. he never said he was "overqualified," just that he and others may have been better competition early on.

as for why he did not fight in pride or ufc later, he was always battling injuries. he actually had 1 fight while i was studying under him and it was in oklahoma and he won. but after it he said it would be his last fight because he didnt want to get banged up anymore and just preferred to teach.

i have nothing put positive things to say about him. i have no way of verifying what he says, so i wont comment on it. what i will say is that he never came across as a blowhard, liar, cheat, phoney, etc. he was respectful to all and always downplayed his own accomplishments. i also know that he does have a teaching degree, so he is qualified to teach. and if you guys think he is a fraud, go down and spar with him! i am sure he would love to have you.

oh and 2 more things. he used to go by chuck ward and tai'kor i am not familiar with. however, his amrajutsu was very similay to a combat jj. nothing flashy at all about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 7:26pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    we spoke japanese extensively in class
    welp i guess that settles it

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALJoeSon
    i can add a little to this. I studided under this man in North Dakota in the mid 90's while he was teaching his art called Amrajutsu. this was at the beginning of the ufc. i can tell you this man was never anything but TOTALLY respectful to martial arts. he required you to watch his class a week before you could join to see if it was for you. he kicked out 2 guys who started a fight in a bar one weekend because they were bragging about being badasses, etc. we spoke japanese extensively in class. he never bragged about being a badass, but i have NEVER come across anyone in my life who was badder.

what he always said about the ufc was this: the gracies started this to promote royce. there were plenty of better fighters that never got a shot in the ufc because they did not want to put royce at risk. he never said he was "overqualified," just that he and others may have been better competition early on.

as for why he did not fight in pride or ufc later, he was always battling injuries. he actually had 1 fight while i was studying under him and it was in oklahoma and he won. but after it he said it would be his last fight because he didnt want to get banged up anymore and just preferred to teach.

i have nothing put positive things to say about him. i have no way of verifying what he says, so i wont comment on it. what i will say is that he never came across as a blowhard, liar, cheat, phoney, etc. he was respectful to all and always downplayed his own accomplishments. i also know that he does have a teaching degree, so he is qualified to teach. and if you guys think he is a fraud, go down and spar with him! i am sure he would love to have you.

oh and 2 more things. he used to go by chuck ward and tai'kor i am not familiar with. however, his amrajutsu was very similay to a combat jj. nothing flashy at all about it.

Thanks for joining us Charlie. Now please back up some of these outrageous claims.
    Also, please tell Dallas Cordts to give it up already.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 8:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, that is what i get? i am not mr. ward. i have not seen him in over 10 years. i took amrajutsu under him and he started tai'kor after i left. i never validated any of his claims. all i said was that he was respectful to both his students and martial arts while i was around him. i have no knowledge if/when he visits any of these boards. however, i doubr he does. i also have no knowledge of this dallas person as she was not in north dakota. i am also not an active fighter and dont know the scene. although after reading the thread, it definitely sounds fishy about her. my advice to you all is to simply write him on his myspace and ask for an answer. before you guys dog him, give him a chance to respond. or simply go and spar with him. visit him, whatever. this is not a sensei al situation here, i am sure he would be more than happy to spar with any of you. anyway, i really cant say too much else. before you insult him, try to talk to him. i dont think i read that anyone has even made the effort to contact him. this seems more like a place where you guys just want to lynch people. i simply defended my experience under the man. i never said i could verify a SINGLE thing about him other than i had a good experience. i am sorry if one person in here does not want to join the hate brigade.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 9:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just very suspicious when a person registers just for the sake of speaking for/against someone, so expect a little scrutiny.

Team Apocalypse is a known "poser" outfit, being associated with them really doesn't do Mr Ward's credibility any favours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    It's just very suspicious when a person registers just for the sake of speaking for/against someone, so expect a little scrutiny.

Team Apocalypse is a known "poser" outfit, being associated with them really doesn't do Mr Ward's credibility any favours.
    well, here is my background for you. i took his art as i said years ago. i got back into following mma a couple years ago. i posted on sherdog, etc. while getting back into the sport i wondered what happened to him and did some googling and came across this thread. i found his myspace and added him and we exchanged a couple of emails. i dont know anything about team apocolypse, i have never had a pro fight. yes i defended him because i had a very positive experience under him. and the thing that impressed me most was that he was completely respectful to the art. so i just wanted to add that he was a good guy as far as i know.

as i also said, shoot him an email and ask! i am pretty sure he will reply. as for his skills, all i can say is he was the single baddest man i have ever been around. but i cant tell you a thing about where/when he got his qualifications/fought, etc, because i have no idea.

as for his credibility, i dont think this is much of a concern for him. he knows what he is and always welcomed people who doubted it to go have a roll with him. he never seemed to concern about impressing people
    Last edited by theREALJoeSon; 2/25/2008 10:00pm at .

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 1:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For all we know, Charlie Ward really does have legitimate fighting skills and may or may not be a decent martial arts instructor.

However, claiming to have over 150 fights with a professional record of 89-0 and not being able to back up his claims with ANY verifiable sources does not, in my eyes, make him very reputable. It doesn't matter if he can kick all of our asses... if he's lying through his teeth about his fight record, he's still considered a fraud.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast