--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2010 7:50pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any idea what he died of? It must have been unexpected; his last Myspace login was three days before he died. My condolences to his family, friends, and students.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    1/06/2011 9:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: krav Maga

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rest in Peace My Friend, This Post is for You.

Charlie Ward died on Dec. 8. I am proud to say that Charlie was a personal friend of mine. His character was beyond reproach despite all of the sarcastic comments on this site. I can verify that he was indeed inducted into the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in June 2009. I was personally invited to attend the induction ceremony held in Los Angeles, CA and have photographs of the actual event.

His family does not know the cause of death, but most likely it was from complications from a car wreck that Charlie was fighting hard to recover from. He had had surgery on his spine and was in severe pain for most of the last year of his life. He did develop the only college accredited class on the martial arts and was dedicated not only to the martial arts, but to teaching character and honor to those who he worked with.

I spoke with Charlie about 10 days before his death and he was optimistic about his recovery, and was actively working on a book to be published this year.

I knew him well and I knew his character. He was a man of honor and his character was beyond reproach. If you want to doubt anything on this thread, doubt those who have done nothing with their lives but sit behind a computer screen and smear the reputations of good people.

Charlie Ward was one of the good ones, but I guess that fact wouldn't be as fun for most of the great minds involved in this discussion. It is a shame that in today's society, any hack with a computer can write whatever he wants to, with little regard to the truth. If you want the real truth about someone, you should go to primary sources, not hearsay, and certainly not the opinions of those who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

The facts are that Charlie Ward was a good, honorable man, and a true friend who I would have trusted with my life or the lives of my wife and sons, but I'm sure that fact will do nothing more than receive more sarcasm by those who are more interested in hiding behind their monitors and making smart ass comments, than in the truth.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 10:57am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Culled:
    I only have 5 degrees and two award winning books on the market, - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Here is CW's own description:

No, I'm Not Dead Yet!

It has been a long time since I wrote anything i this blog, or any other, and I guess it's time to tell you why - if you're interested.

About a year ago, I was invloved in a rather bad car accident. I was the front seat passenger, and yes I had my belt on. We were almost at a full stop at an intersection, when we were rear ended so hard that it blasted us straight through the intersection. Thankfully, nobody else was hurt, but I had just completed a six-part back surgery not two weeks earlier. Needless to say, it put me in the hurt locker bad!
    The accident had laft me with lifetime injuries to my endocrine and nervous systems, as well as leaving me with chronic pain through my back, neck, and head. I've been hospitalized, tested, and am undergoing treatment to rebalance my bio-chemistry. Thankfully, I was able to keep my job, and keep teaching (although just verbally, and from ma distance) My assisstant instructors took control of thr classes, under my watchful eye, and the program has kelp going strong. I haven't been able to workout or train myself for a year now, and I just got the green light to start with baby steps of physical therapy, hydro-therapy, and a minimum of movement and stretches. The doctors feel confident that I will be able to return to the person I was a couple of years ago, although permanent changes in my training and teaching style have had to take place, as you can imagine.
    I didn't write about it earlier because I really didn't know what to say. Only a select few knew the whole story, and I wanted to keep it on the down low anyway. It's hard enough to go from super-healthy to super-injured overnight. I guess I didn't want everyone telling me how sorry they were, or whatever.
    The good news is that I will be returning the my gym in person next week if all goes well, and we can begin again. I'll keep you all in the loop as the weeks progress.

Love, Honor, & Respect,
    Charlie
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/07/2011 12:48pm at .

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 10:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bohdi: "I am proud to say that Charlie was a personal friend of mine. "

Well, Bohdi, I hate to tell you this, but "Charlie" didn't exist until sometime in the early 2000's. Prior to that, for the majority of his life, Charles Patrick Ward was known as "Chuck" to his family and friends and hated, HATED being called Charlie or Charles or anything else. I can promise you I was closer to Chuck than most people ever were.

Bohdi: "I can verify that he was indeed inducted into the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in June 2009. "

Great. Now verify anything at all about the organization. Who is a part of it? Who else in in this fantastic group of martial artists? How come nobody has ever heard of them?

Bohdi: "He did develop the only college accredited class on the martial arts and was dedicated not only to the martial arts, but to teaching character and honor to those who he worked with."

First of all, not true. There are several dozen accredited college courses offered throughout the country on martial arts as part of a general health curriculum. Secondly, Chuck Ward was not an accredited professor, so his program should not have had accreditation. From what I understand, ASU was in the process of determining what of Chuck's resume was actually true at the time of his death. Fact: Chuck did not graduate from Minot State University, so he therefore had no undergrad degree. Fact: "University of Madison", where he claims to have gotten his masters was a degree mill that is now shut down, and you CAN NOT receive University Accreditation with a "degree" from them. Fact: His PhD was as much bullshit as as his other degrees. So, as Chuck could not receive accreditation for himself, there was no way that the program could. ASU was about to drop the hammer on The Hammer (did you know he used to call himself that?)

Bohdi: "I knew him well and I knew his character. He was a man of honor and his character was beyond reproach. If you want to doubt anything on this thread, doubt those who have done nothing with their lives but sit behind a computer screen and smear the reputations of good people."

You want to know what an "honorable" man Chuck was? He took his former room mates history and used it as his own. Did Chuck ever tell you about his time in the military? Did you know that never served one single day in the military? Did you know that this "honorable" man told people about his former room mates experiences in the Gulf War as his own? That was his best friend - who is a disabled American veteran, and your "honorable" friend used to tell everyone that HE was a Gulf War vet. That's the opposite of honorable - that's the very definition of pathetic.

Bohdi: "The facts are that Charlie Ward was a good, honorable man, and a true friend who I would have trusted with my life or the lives of my wife and sons, but I'm sure that fact will do nothing more than receive more sarcasm by those who are more interested in hiding behind their monitors and making smart ass comments, than in the truth."

Maybe that's who Charlie was, but Chuck was a liar and not a good person. He ruined the lives of 3 women he married but you'd trust him with your wife? He lied about serving his country - that's the kind of role model you want your sons learning from? I'm really sorry to burst your bubble andf I hate to speak ill of the dead, but he was not a good person. I'm so sick and tired of all of the people coming out of the woodwork talking about him like they really knew him. You didn't. The guy you knew was made up. Sure, some of his skill and accomplishments were real, but the rest if just a good script for a movie.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021