Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2010 5:58am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to say congrats to mr. ward on his induction into the usa Martial Arts Hall of Fame last year.

Posted On:
    3/28/2010 6:23am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to say that therealjoeson has drank the koolaid and is drunk with dumbassery.
    MMA Hall of Fame? Who else is in this mythological trophy case?

How come, among the many vehement MMA fans on this board, nobody has heard of this supposed hall of fame?

Are you aware, therealjoeson, that many fraud martial artists have made up awards then
    bestowed them upon themselves in order to appear more credible?

Posted On:
    4/02/2010 10:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: thai boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Charlie Ward has no fight record when you search www.sherdog.com for his name. With that being the case he is not a pro mma fighter. And if he can't verify the claims he is making than it should be clear that he is a fraud.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2010 11:21am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ped0503 View Post
    Charlie Ward has no fight record when you search www.sherdog.com for his name. With that being the case he is not a pro mma fighter. And if he can't verify the claims he is making than it should be clear that he is a fraud.
    Just for the record, Sherdog isn't exactly infallible when it comes to fight records, especially if those fights happened a while back. I'm not saying Mr. Ward isn't full of it, but you can't solely rely on Sherdog as a completely authoritative source.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 8:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Charlie Ward is a complete fraud. A lengthy thread was posted about him over at Sherdog about 3 years ago. His wife or himself, we are not sure which one, posted a thread on Sherdog claiming he had the best grappling school in Arizona. This started the investigation. Back then, Charlie never admitted he was lying about his fight record (>150 wins) but he did remove it from his website (www.themmaprofessor.com, which is now not active) in response to our harassment. Mods eventually removed the thread. During that time I contacted his coach/trainer Mick Doyle (Houston Alexander's coach). Mick Doyle vouched for him, but that means nothing to me. BTW, Mick Doyle's Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Doyle_(kickboxer) entry was clearly written by himself.

In addition, Charlie claims to have be inducted to the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2009. Here is a link to the 2009 inductees, http://www.unitedstatesmartialartsha...tee%20Bios.pdf. Surprisingly, he is not on the list. Another complete fabrication.

This freakin con artist pisses me off. I am amazed people are taking classes from this idiot.

Posted On:
    12/12/2010 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Amrajutsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chuck Ward has died

Hey guys. My name is the same as my login name. My email is my login name at gmail.com. I live in AZ and have lived her just a bit longer than Charlie Ward.

Charlie Ward died a couple of days ago.

I found this thread while researching a domain name that he might have owned. I am a good friend of his and I have known him for nearly 20 years.

I personally trained under him in 1992-1995 although the latter years were off and on since I left when I joined the Army. This was all in North Dakota and where/when some 130 of the fights took place.

I was personally trained, back then, in Muai Thai, and received my Muai Thai judge and referee certificate with Mick Doyle in Omaha.

I was personally involved in one of Chuck's overseas bouts but I did not fly there with him and back. The Sheehan at the time did attend.

Chuck moved to AZ sometime in 2000 I believe. His family was here and I happened to be here as well. We were close friends back in ND and we hung out here. One of his assistant trainers (I think by this time they have moved away from the Sheehan title, but it has been a long time and I am likely spelling things wrong). Anyway. One of his assistant trainers is a really good friend of his too and I know them both well.

Charlie did start the ASU program. He did train MMA fighters who fought locally. I personally trained and fought under him in Muai Thai many years ago. I attended a fight Mick put on in Omaha, but was not a fighter then.

Chuck developed his own style back then and continued to do so. I trained under Amrajutsu which was a mix of ThaKwondo and Aikido. Again, it has been many years. It was very traditional training for a local gym.

Anyway, are all the claims true? Was there some marketing involved? I am sure there was some marketing, but I am confident Chuck would never actually outright lie. The Martial arts market is full of that and he disliked it.

Anyway. He was a great person. He changed my life and the lives of many others. Was he a 44th degree black belt who fought 200 fights and knocked out 204 of them? I cannot say for sure. He was a great instructor, a great mentor, a great martial artist, and a great person.

Feel free to contact me, but I think you guys are doing good stuff here. Just on Chuck I think you are missing the forest for the trees. Also he is dead now, so move on. I signed up just to post this, I am a new member. I haven't been lurking since I am not in the scene. Everything I have posted is the truth based on my first hand knowledge unless otherwise noted.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/12/2010 1:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhuber View Post

Just on Chuck I think you are missing the forest for the trees.
    This is very ironic considering, all of the recent acitivty comes when one of his current or former students post.

Also he is dead now, so move on.
    We have you and yours have not.

I signed up just to post this, I am a new member. I haven't been lurking since I am not in the scene. Everything I have posted is the truth based on my first hand knowledge unless otherwise noted.
    Wow. So instead of leaving this **** dead you, like the other two idiots, are the people that can't let it go.

The last post was in April bumped by a Ward psychophant.
    The last original post was in 2009 again by a ward psychophant.

How about you follow your own advice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2010 4:41pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Charlie has been fairly active on myspace. Odd for a dead guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 1:44am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also no update at all about Charlie Ward's "death" on ASU's website. Usually within that day if a professor dies, they'll have something on the website, whether it's an obituary or summary of his career at the college or memorial service times or something.
    Last edited by Crazy Carl; 12/13/2010 1:56am at .

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu and karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi I am new to this site. I wish I knew about this site three years ago. I could have shedded a lot a light on this whole subject. But I really would like to contact gitartek and bulldog tkd regarding Charles Ward or Chuck Ward aka Warhammer AKA Amrajitsu. My email is chant99@live.com. I probably know each of you, and very curious who you are, just to say hi. I have studied under Chuck for approximately 4-5 years in Minot, ND. I also lived with him for about two years. I read about his obit in the Minot Daily news, and it interested me that I googled him, which brought me to this sight. I have read most of the postings or threads as some of you call them. I am happy to know that there is a sight called bullshido. Its amazing what people claim.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21 LastLast