Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 12:30pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His reply was empty at best. Does the school he teaches at have a student paper. Maybe somebody can get in touch with one of the staff and have them question Mr. Ward directly. If he is teaching somewhere I expect that he would deem the school newspaper staff as people worthy of an explanation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 3:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Street submission wrestle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt it Dallas Cordts is one of the Head Trainers at one of his facilities. With that sorry ass board break I am sure she is only teaching people how too call time outs and and get bitch slapped. I wonder if Mr. Ward has seen the video of his beloved 18-0 supposed Master getting Pimped slapped down? If he has how could he still back her? Just wandering.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to act like a BJJ and MMA nutrider, but...

Let's say he did do NHB before the UFC... have you ever seen the skill level at those events?

Even Shootwrestling had horrible groundfighting before the BJJ/UFC influence.

You know what 99% of martial arts considered groundfighting back then? A crappy, non-resisting throw followed by an even crappier non-resisting armbar.

Keep in mind though... we're 10+ years out since the "revolution". Even if Ward was a super TMA guy back in the day, he's probably had active sparring for a couple years now, and his class is probably decent.

You can buy Mario Sperry's Vale Tudo set for under $100 and just copy the moves, if you had too.

Hell, think of someone like Greg Jackson? He's one of the top MMA trainers in the game, and 10 years ago, he was some cooky guy copying his family's wrestling moves and adding some martial arts zing to it. :)

Max

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 1:18am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapsymaxi
    I hate to act like a BJJ and MMA nutrider, but...

Let's say he did do NHB before the UFC... have you ever seen the skill level at those events?

Even Shootwrestling had horrible groundfighting before the BJJ/UFC influence.

You know what 99% of martial arts considered groundfighting back then? A crappy, non-resisting throw followed by an even crappier non-resisting armbar.

Keep in mind though... we're 10+ years out since the "revolution". Even if Ward was a super TMA guy back in the day, he's probably had active sparring for a couple years now, and his class is probably decent.

You can buy Mario Sperry's Vale Tudo set for under $100 and just copy the moves, if you had too.

Hell, think of someone like Greg Jackson? He's one of the top MMA trainers in the game, and 10 years ago, he was some cooky guy copying his family's wrestling moves and adding some martial arts zing to it. :)

Max
    Wow....

That's it just wow, I like this newbie fucker.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Wow....

That's it just wow, I like this newbie fucker.
    Yeah!!!! Ole' Man OMEGA has found some one to pal around with......hit Friday night bingo at the rec. hall......some one to watch Cocoon with over a nice warm glass of metamucil......some one to bum a pull of Fixodent off of when you run out and your teeth keep falling out on the mats.....

Good for you man, good for you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :)

I'm not really that newbie, I was always too lazy to remember my password. I've got a bunch of Bullshido-Like threads on MMA.tv...

Anyways... Hokey story, most-probably faked record, but might be a decent class, we agree on that?

Max

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well for $150 for three hours you can learn this and yes that is Dallas Cordts in his class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umTTz0vLt-U
    Last edited by Omega; 3/27/2008 10:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:57pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't hit the boards in a year and this is what I come back to?!?!?

His reply follows such a phenomenal pattern of BS. Aside from the pointed out fact that he didn't actually post any evidence I saw that he

a) Tried to establish himself on the NHB hierarchy by giving us a lecture on 'before it was MMA." Yes, the lot of us know about the history of the game. Some like Omega were part of that scene. I could do a little research on MMA and find that all out for myself. Sounds like his google-fu may be strong?

b) He goes on about secret underground fights and how 'these fighters aren't looking to go the distance' and 'look to finish the fight fast rather than look for a submission hold.' That right there tells me this man has no fucking idea whatsoever. Find me one fucking legit fighter who goes in to a fight thinking "hey, I think I'll draw this one out for the judges to decide." Find one legit fighter, past or present (or even ask Omega I suppose) "did you ever look to finish the fight every chance you got?" **** him. Finishing the fights fast is easy when your opponent has downs-syndrome. Finishing the fight fast against a good opponent takes a whole lot more and usually happens by luck or miscalculation, not just because one guy willed himself to do so anymore than the other guy was looking to.

c) speaking of underground fights, this sounds more like the plot background for "never back down" which btw was such a fucking atrocious movie that I now want to kill myself for seeing it all the way through. I don't know how i will ever tell anyone with dignity that I train MMA (unless it is during a bar fight or something).

d) I have a deep suspicion that the likes of Randy Couture, Rampage, Tito, and all those other legit guys have no idea what Ward talk about when he brings up Motoban, Ubon, Chaing Mai, and Ratchathani, and I suppose that means that they are out of your league Mr Ward, no?

e) Whoever said this [Its better to close your mouth and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.] is a goddamn moron. You ought to have taken the advice more succinctly because you opened your mouth and you are still a fool.

f) [On average, I teach and train 60 hours a week, and continue to develop a program that is helping to validate and legitimize combat sports and martial arts studies in a whole new way.] Urrrrrrrrr. Wrong. By not validating your personal credentials, by not having any remarkable and credible fighters under your tutelage, and because nobody who is worth anything knows who the **** you are---then you are NOT legitimizing or validating anything, let alone in a whole new way. Lyoto Machida. That is a man who brings the n3w sh1t with his unorthodox karate ****. You are just fakin the funk.

g) and I think the very first pararaph was most telling. Putting himslef upon his martial arts high horse, he brands the inquiry of his credibility as reprehensible behavior. Many people on this site, myself included, know plenty about the MMA game. Many have never been cut from management or expelled for bad behavior or whatever. For the most part we are people who are interested in protecting the sport that we love. Protecting it from frauds, sheisters, misconceptions, myths, and the like. We're not here to ruin your life. A simple "this guy and this guy can back this up, here is a video, and you can call him, too." That's all. We would rather you just set it straight, joined our network, and assisted us in protecting the sport which we love. If you really gave a damn you would want to be our number 1 Arizona bully. instead you put up the cowards shield of smoke and mirrors. Reprehensible indeed.:thumbsup:

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 12:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an old thread from MMA Recruiter that lists the infamous Dallas Cordts as the contact manager for Chuck Ward's Team Apocolypse; it also lists a telephone number and e-mail address, but I don't know if that info up-to-date:

http://www.mmarecruiter.com/forum/vi...aa45d38c428f04
    Last edited by Kid Miracleman; 3/28/2008 12:07am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 1:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why yes it is, but she only has a cell and she gets mad if you call before 6pm AZ time cauze it burns up her free minutes!

:kermit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    Here's an old thread from MMA Recruiter that lists the infamous Dallas Cordts as the contact manager for Chuck Ward's Team Apocolypse; it also lists a telephone number and e-mail address, but I don't know if that info up-to-date:

http://www.mmarecruiter.com/forum/vi...aa45d38c428f04
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast