Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy should make one of those TRS videos....

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 3:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Well I think the only fair thing to do would be for some people to go check this guys training out, give a first hand account of what its like and if this man can indeed live up to his claims.
    Obviously that has already been stated. It is being looked into.

I honestly didn't see a lot wrong with that reply, and although we can scoff and say "he and Frank Dux must be training partners" fact is we'd only be speculating that, and that's not uncovering a Bullshido artist is about, it's about PROVING that they are.
    Thanks for telling everybody what to do. This has also been discussed. People are digging, looking at records, trying to verify things that are available.

Going to his class is going to prove his 150 record how?
    Going to his class is going to prove his championship how?

Yes, to gauge his skill we need to go to one of his classes. It still will not PROVE any of his other claims.

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 12:11am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is Fake: My meaning being is that if you can't prove that he hasn't had 150 victories, you can't disprove it either.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 8:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know exactly what you mean.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. If you put the claim out there you should have the tiniest proof it exists. How easy is it to say I foguht MMA fights? Omega will provide his record but, it tends to be I fought MMA.

Yes, we know there were Vale Tudo and NHB matches before the MMA craze. We also know that all records of so called "underground" fights weren't kept.

The problem with the reply is summed up perfectly by
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    So basically his 150 pro fight record is documented, established, and well known, but only to secret people who are with secret fighting societies in far off lands. I wonder if he was at the Kumite with Dux...
    The burden of proof is on the claimant not us. Once we do everything we can it becomes the claimants responsibility to prove us wrong.

His reply is horrible. The fact you don't see why is hilarious. Omega gave him a perfectly valid reason as to why his stuff may not exist.

No, he went the Fran Dux route that destroys his records credibility.

There are other logical fallacies in that response and preemptive excuses throughout the reply.

No need to entertain them because everyone can see them for what they are.

Posted On:
    3/24/2008 10:48pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm inclined to agree with you Fake, well said.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    3/24/2008 11:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just finished reading Mr. Ward's reply. That was... well, it was a whole lot of nothing, really. According to him, his record is only known to "the people who matter"; am I to assume then that in Chuck's eyes, none of us are worthy of knowing the details of his record, and that we're simply supposed to take the man's word for it, and that by doubting his word, it's a strike against the quality of our characters?

Way to go Mr. Ward, you've managed to spout nothing but a bunch of holier-than-thou baloney full of logical fallacies that just makes you look like a complete dunce and does nothing to help your "argument," whatever it is. Way to dig a hole.

I'd say this fellow and his claims warrant some serious, serious, SERIOUS investigation, moreso than what's been done so far. Is this the same sort of argument he used with the ASU board that hired him when they asked "What are your credentials, Mr. Ward?" I feel very, VERY uncomfortable knowing that this man is on a public university payroll when he is completely unable to validate his own background in a very simple manner.

I smell Bullshido.com front page material.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 12:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    I just finished reading Mr. Ward's reply. That was... well, it was a whole lot of nothing, really. According to him, his record is only known to "the people who matter"; am I to assume then that in Chuck's eyes, none of us are worthy of knowing the details of his record, and that we're simply supposed to take the man's word for it, and that by doubting his word, it's a strike against the quality of our characters?

Way to go Mr. Ward, you've managed to spout nothing but a bunch of holier-than-thou baloney full of logical fallacies that just makes you look like a complete dunce and does nothing to help your "argument," whatever it is. Way to dig a hole.

I'd say this fellow and his claims warrant some serious, serious, SERIOUS investigation, moreso than what's been done so far. Is this the same sort of argument he used with the ASU board that hired him when they asked "What are your credentials, Mr. Ward?" I feel very, VERY uncomfortable knowing that this man is on a public university payroll when he is completely unable to validate his own background in a very simple manner.

where is his reply? lol

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 1:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    where is his reply? lol
    Ummm...?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=107

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 9:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman

Any bullies (to Mr. Ward, who I know is monitoring this thread, "Bullies" are the nickname we give to members of the Bullshido forum, there would be no "bullying" or "egotistical attitude", just sweat and hopefully some good training) in the AZ area want to go check out the school. Better yet, do we have any members who are attending ASU? I invited Mr. Ward to train at ATT-Orlando if he is ever in the area, but other than that I certainly can't get out to AZ.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 10:41am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We need someone with grappling/MMA experience IMO.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast