Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 8:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus

WOW! I know I've gotten older cause I really didn't remember it being this lame.

As for the thugs they probably share the same opinion of Karate that most of the thugs...I mean posters, on here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 8:28am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met plenty of people like that over the years theyre always idiots:

I was in Hyde Park Last Summer training in the Sun with a couple of mates and some dude came up and started pushing us around (he had been drinking) anyways the guy was basically saying that 'He was natural Fighter and he could beat the **** out of me anytime.. blah blah, blah..'anyway after ALOT of verbal abuse he swung at me(wildly) i took him down and choked him out. It was perfect text book stuff.

My point being is that being confident is always important but alot of guys walk around with an over inflated ego and no real idea of how Rubbish they actually are.

You can be born strong and quick but technique is at least as important and that has to be learnt.

Ahhh street fighter.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsA0rSGqjc
    Last edited by Bear1980; 1/17/2008 8:32am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 8:43am

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am inclined to agree with mike321 about this being a thread needing re-location...

However, I still maintain that at some point there 'steet technique' will be dimmished by some well trained and disciplined MA practicioner.

And it is the easiest thing to get into the pit of self delusion that 'teh d3adl3y rulez'.

See how deadly they seem when faced with a good level of Judo and they get thrown on a concreate surface...

Or my old Karate instructor - who made it his mission to find out all the painful and nasty extras that the western world is mostly unaware of hidden in some of the kata....

However, the bottom line about street fighting is a very brutally simple one....

If one person is prepared to do more to cause injury and physical harm to their adversary - and have the capacity to inflict such injury - they will walk away rather than having to crawl (if they're lucky)...

No so much survival of fittest - but the survival of shittest and most brutal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:12pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would people hide things in katas? It's not like hiding money in the ground or anything. Is it like the illuminati symbol on top of the dollar bill, the all seeing eye? I always flinch when I hear about "deadly stuff hidden in katas".

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:15pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Street fighting is bad cuz Kimbo will punch your eye out of your face and then smash it on your face. Eww, gross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNhrmI0NTQ

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:35pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da-RiSiN-sMoKe
    I'm not sure where this goes, but here it is.

I go to school with a few thugs, and think they're all badass.
    Well, they might be wannabe thugs, but I know they fear no one.

I get along with them fine, but it seems they have no respect for martial arts, but maybe because of my non-imposing figure.

Ever meet one of these?

I would say they are complete fighters, because they learn from experience, and would do anything to win (with no technique).
    I have met specimens of the species homo badassimus and first of all you do not really know if they are fearless. You may be simply dealing with individuals who are athletic, aggressive and never been outside of their comfort zone.

As for respecting martial arts, who cares? Training is to improve your fighting not stroke your ego. You don't need them to respect the art. As for respecting you personally, this is another issue. Develop your character properly and you will get respect from respectable people. (Martial arts are not needed for this.) Thugs may never respect you and that's ok if they are thugs, once again, who cares?

Complete fighters, no they are not. This is an important lesson from many aspects of life, not just martial arts. Theory and experience are both important. There are many schools out there that are 100% theory and they are ridiculous. Schools that were 0% theory probablty would not look ridiculous, (think of kids wrestling on the playground) but eventually would hit a major wall that would prevent them from ever being complete.

Finally, a note on the subspecies homo badassimus thugis. My interaction with these strange creatures was entertaining at first. They exhibited a complete lack of ability to avoid escalating a social situation into a fight when facing the slightest social friction. They were good fighters, hence the entertainment factor, and were usually going up aginst individuals that decided to play this very silly game, so I did not feel too bad watching. But, alas, we must grow up and seek better social company.

On the other hand, if these individuals are homo badassimus criminalis and seek out helpless and innocent prey, then the only solution is to gather a group to test their defense against weapons, multiple attackers, and badges.

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:38pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 27 seconds, "Thats all you got? HIT ME! "

You have to be born with that. That **** is a gift from God.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast