Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOT A SINGLE IMAGE IN YOUR COMPUTER IS FUNNY
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 1/17/2008 11:08am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just take pill form fish oil.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 9:26am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to take A LOT of Omega 3 back about 8 years ago, and I would notice that I would never get sore after I work out, or the day after. I just started using flax Seed Oil yesterday that has Omega 3 in it, so I'm hoping to keep using it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 11:16am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the true clinical expectations of Omega 3 anyway? I'm sort of a sheep when it comes to this stuff (that's come back to bite me in the butt at least twice).

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The party line is here:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...t-fishoil.html

Most of us don't get enough "good" fats in our diets. I don't know if I agree with Charles Poliquin about it being the best thing in the known universe, but I think it's pretty important.

here's his take (with a convenient link to some suppliment that is just SO TOTALLY AWESOME!)
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1371812
    The O3 stuff starts 2/3'rds of the way down. Not a bad read by any strech either.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    What is the true clinical expectations of Omega 3 anyway? I'm sort of a sheep when it comes to this stuff (that's come back to bite me in the butt at least twice).

Not Omega3 by itself, but the gambit of "essential fatty acids" (EFAs):

Slight anti-inflammatory effect, slight lowering of overall cholesterol, reduced concentration of VLDL (the very bad cholesterol), very significant lowering of triglycerides, reduced mortality rates from heart attacks, aid in treatment of depression, bi-polar disorder, rheumatoid arthritis ... the list is extensive.

EFAs have a downside, too: Large doses can be problematic for people with diabetes, congestive heart failure, and a few other conditions. If you have known risk factors and/or a preexisting condition, don't arbitrarily start taking EFA supplements without consulting with a a qualified health care professional.

Pharmaceutical grade, high-dose EFAs are actually prescribed by cardiologists, endocrinologists, psychiatrists, and neurologists. These are available at most pharmacies.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57837

I guess that is a good thread about fish oils.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12