Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 1:49pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need info: Wonik Yi in local newspaper

Wonik Yi, who teaches Tukong Moosul in Austin, was featured in a local paper. The story was on stuntfighting.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...d=oid%3A580273

I have seen Yi and his bullshit claims here before. He claims South Korea Special Forces exp but can't prove it, he won a 'World Martial Arts Tournament' but the only info on it is from him, he was paid by the South Korean government to develop a fighting system but can't prove it, etc. He also claims he was a former Master Instructor for the 'New Jersey Police Special Weapons and Tactics Team'.

Well if I can get all the info refuting this guy in a timely fashion, I will write the paper. I looked here today and I know I won't be able to do it on my own very quickly. If I can get sources to be able to show the paper, that would really help. I don't want to just write them saying he is a known fraud, I actually need the sources.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a few reporters down at the cron. When you got it together let me see if I cant get it a sympathetic ear.

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 12:57am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool.

So far all I have is that a Google search of 'World Martial Arts Tournament' and 'Wonik Yi' only comes back to his site and to a few sites who posted the article in question. That is a HUGE red flag.

Searcing with 'New Jersey Police' and 'Wonik Yi' gets the same results.

In a nutshell there is absolutely no evidence supporting his claims, but I would like to have evidence actually refuting them.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 1/16/2008 1:00am at .

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Cool.

So far all I have is that a Google search of 'World Martial Arts Tournament' and 'Wonik Yi' only comes back to his site and to a few sites who posted the article in question. That is a HUGE red flag.

Searching with 'New Jersey Police' and 'Wonik Yi' gets the same results.

In a nutshell there is absolutely no evidence supporting his claims, but I would like to have evidence actually refuting them.
    Well. There are no "New Jersey Police". There is the NJ state police, founded by Norman Schwarzkopf Sr., and various county and city agencies.

So... Give a ring to the NJ state police special operations division. Their swat group is called "TEAMS" not "SWAT". Major Hunt commands the spec ops division. Couldnt find an office phone number for him.