Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 10:23pm

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anatomical Adaptation and Circuit Training

I have a quick question regarding the first phase of the training cycle. During this adjustment period, is it expectable to deviate from the particular muscle group you are training?

Today for instance I was working my lower body with the following stations: front squats of 45 lbs (it's an unfamiliar grip, get off my back) for two sets of 15, squats of 95 lbs for two sets of 15, leg extensions of 100 lbs for 1 set of 30 and one set of 25. After each set I circuit trained 10 reps each of the following exercises: sit ups, good mornings, and pushups, resting for 30 seconds to a minute after each circuit. I had scheduled the following exercises as well: calf extensions and leg curls. I wasn't able to complete them however, because I developed a severe cramp in my hamstrings (which is a chronic problem) and I had to go throw up (from over exertion, not from the cramp), which took the rest of my gym time.

I've read that it is generally okay to mix in some bodyweight exercises with this phase, and I was wondering that if that's true, am I overdoing it with the erroneous (for the muscle group/groups I'm training) stations or am I just being a whinny, tubby Nancy boy who canít keep his lunch down?

My goals: prepare my body for hypertrophy (obviously), cut fat weight, increase my muscle mass as much as possible, and, principally, increase my anaerobic ability and endurance. Itís been about 6 months since Iíve lifted actively, and then it was purely to increase the size of my upper body, Iíve always ignored my core, lower body, and aerobic system. Currently, Iím 240 lbs at 5í 8Ē (yeah, I know), but I am pretty mesomorphic, at least in the upper body

Thanks in advance and I apologize if my precursory search missed a similar thread.
    Last edited by jvjim; 1/14/2008 10:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brief look at an average day in jvjim's kitchen:
    8:30 3 eggs, bowl of cheese grits/cereal, apple, yogurt, cup of coffee, 20 oz of water
    12:30 Chicken Breast, banana, glass of juice, 20 oz of water (pre workout meal)
    3:30 Half a can of Lima beans, orange, glass of juice
    6:30 Pork (8oz?) and wheat noodles (a cup) with tomato sauce (8 oz?), bowl of salad with low fat dressing, glass of juice
    11:00 Can of tuna and low fat mayo, yogurt, 20 oz of water

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jvjim, do you eat the same thing every day?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 7:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for my morning and late night meal, yes.