Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once had an instructor punch-slap me in the face because I was looking down while doing shin blocks with my partner...it hurt, but I don't look down anymore.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evetsm1155
    I cant tell if your serious, or not, but your instructor probably wont kick you in the face, but if you are serious, try having him kick you in the ribs when you are doing your push ups. When you get up, be honest, and tell me that your not just alittle bit more focused on your training.
    The only thing I'd be focused on if my "instructor" kicked me in the ribs whilst doing pushups, would be standing up and kicking the fucking **** out of him.

Kicking someone in the upper torso is one sure fire way of causing a fracture of the ribcage, this can be nothing more serious than a simple closed hairline or full fracture however; the possibility of pneumothorax resulting from a puncture of a lung is very real.

Kicking someone in the ribs whilst doing pushups - as a means of making someone "focus" more on their training is fucking bullshit.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: northern shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    I once had an instructor punch-slap me in the face because I was looking down while doing shin blocks with my partner...it hurt, but I don't look down anymore.

Thank you for your honesty.It's amazing how pain will moitvate you.I have read articles about Jackie Chan, and I have seen him in interviews.He was taken in at a young age into a Kwoon, because he was homeless as a child.He talks of hours of horse stance, and other grueling positions that he had to endure, and if for one second he would slip, the teacher would beat him.He talked about the 15 hour days, and all of the beatings.There was another Martail Artist that was popular about 15 years ago( he had his own TV show ).He was very heavy compared to the rest, but his ability was very effective.I cant remember his name, but he, and Jackie where at the same Kwoon at the same time.He also talked about the beatingsHere the same two guys that were known to the American public for thier abiliy trained at the same Kwoon, and recieved the same kind of abuse at the same time.Thet both talked about the brutal abuse they had to endure, but guess what, they are two of the best.Like I have said before, it's all about emotional content, and nothing gets your attention like pain.

Chin Hu Kai

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas
    The only thing I'd be focused on if my "instructor" kicked me in the ribs whilst doing pushups, would be standing up and kicking the fucking **** out of him.

Kicking someone in the upper torso is one sure fire way of causing a fracture of the ribcage, this can be nothing more serious than a simple closed hairline or full fracture however; the possibility of pneumothorax resulting from a puncture of a lung is very real.

Kicking someone in the ribs whilst doing pushups - as a means of making someone "focus" more on their training is fucking bullshit.

This is why you will never be very good in the Arts.You will always be second rate.Apperantly you are used to living with that image of yourself.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:06am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evetsm1155
    This is why you will never be very good in the Arts.You will always be second rate.Apperantly you are used to living with that image of yourself.

Oh by the way, if you feel that you would get up , and as you say kicking the **** out of your instructor, then your instructor isnt someone to fear, and then he isnt a very good instructor, is he?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

People that really do that for a living DONT BRAG ABOUT IT.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:09am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a rhetoric statement, you're lucky this is in noobietown.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw, I didn't write that to say I was tough, but I do see where evetsm1155 is coming from. I agree with Simio that such tactics might not be the best way to train.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 10:13am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's about personality and who do you take your "instructor" for.

If he is just an instructor for you it is normal to react like Simio.But I think it will affect your training.

If you see your instructor like a master and give away all of your ego against him you will also get more from him in my opinion.

Because such discipline will make you learn.When you do something wrong and learn it with "pain" you never forget that again.I think it shouldn't be taken as an insult.It must be understood as a lesson.

While making pushups,having kick on face looks a little "too much" for me though.But I still cant think "bad" about it.

and Simio de las Rocas are you sure you would react that way? You are in military it seems man, you must have seen the hardest of disciplines.I think you would endure in a situation like that.No offense just my opinion.
Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast