Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 5:35pm

Style: Full Contact Ju Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cobrakaikungfuclub.com/gr...terabbate.html

They also have no mention of Sgt Walker on the history of Stephen G Abbate either.

The three star block sounds a lot like a drill that was done by the chan chuan shu guys from the north of scotland on a course with us years ago...stood facing each other and did the blocks in sequence bashing each others arms for conditioning.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: northern shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    You may want to work on developing a thick skin,a sense of humor and spend more time reading. As for leaving newbietown you will understand if your comments about the dark side are not taken seriously out in the general public and you get a large helping of flak over them. However here you are relativly safe.

In case you haven't noticed a lot of people here have military tags after their names, you only get those by giveing proof of service to the mods. Now I'm just a dumb ol' Jarhead, Marine in case you didn't know, and its well known our training is not that tough, but I think you might be exaggerating a little. I will let our resident Army and Navy folk handle this one on SEAL and Ranger invincibility.
    One Navy Seal did two tours in the Mai Kong Delta, and the other Seal that I knew showed me the Silver, and Bronze Stars(2004) that he was awarded. Thet were real, and as far as the Ranger goes, he was a full fledged Ranger.I trained with him for 3 years in the school.We just called him Ranger.We routinely had Jarheads come to our class if they were on leave, and trained with us.After reading all of these bloggs, I am realizing that the time I had in the Kwoon was far superior to that of almost everyone else, and that, I am grateful for.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 5:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran Lydster
    http://www.cobrakaikungfuclub.com/gr...terabbate.html

They also have no mention of Sgt Walker on the history of Stephen G Abbate either.

The three star block sounds a lot like a drill that was done by the chan chuan shu guys from the north of scotland on a course with us years ago...stood facing each other and did the blocks in sequence bashing each others arms for conditioning.
    I tryed to contact Inside Kung Fu Magazine about the article they wrote about GM Abbate, because they got it all wrong.No one from the mag would email me back or return my phone call.Sgt. Walker was stationed in Hawaii along with Abbate.Sgt. Walker was already a student, and 2nd degree black Sash in Tai kit Kuen which was located in Hong Kong.Some how, and it is not clear to me how, Sgt Walker trained in Hong Kong.Sgt Walker trained Pfc Abbate to first degree Black Sash, and upon the news that Sgt. Walker was MIA, Pfc Abbate went to Hong Kong after his release from active service, and trained, and was given a 2nd degree Black Sash.We were told over, and over again that we all wore a gold stripe on our pant leg to honour Sgt. Walkers memory.At the Kwoon now they dont even wear the traditional Black Gai's.Just street clothes.

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 6:53pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, my warning about leaving noobietown is along these lines. You have made extraordinary claims that some may doubt are true, and if true, some may doubt are sane. Also, if the brutal training is true, (remember this is the internet so claims will require proof that can be used online.) many will disagree about it being an effective way to train for fighting. Let me give an example, I once had a shoe imprint on my forehead from a wild kick. It required a lot of force and serious injury was avoided because I could move with the hit. If I had been doing a pushup with a kick of that power to the face, I would risk serious injury that could temporarily or permanently remove my ability to fight. (Think broken jaw.) Is the risk worth the benefit? For that matter what is the benefit? Is taking an undefended shot to a vital area teh ideal way to toughen someone up for combat? Could the toughening process permanently stop your training?

If you are outside of newbietown you will be asked these questions, If you can not discuss them using a rational arguement supported by factual evidence, you will be ridiculed and insulted mercilessly, Newbietown rules prohibit this type of behavior. Outside of newbietown it is permitted. Of course, it is only words on the internet so that may not be a big deal to you.

Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 7:09pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to bullshido...

But...maybe your intentions are different...but...ummm...you talk like a maso up there.

Whatever everyone has his own ways.Welcome again

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 7:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321
    Well, my warning about leaving noobietown is along these lines. You have made extraordinary claims that some may doubt are true, and if true, some may doubt are sane. Also, if the brutal training is true, (remember this is the internet so claims will require proof that can be used online.) many will disagree about it being an effective way to train for fighting. Let me give an example, I once had a shoe imprint on my forehead from a wild kick. It required a lot of force and serious injury was avoided because I could move with the hit. If I had been doing a pushup with a kick of that power to the face, I would risk serious injury that could temporarily or permanently remove my ability to fight. (Think broken jaw.) Is the risk worth the benefit? For that matter what is the benefit? Is taking an undefended shot to a vital area teh ideal way to toughen someone up for combat? Could the toughening process permanently stop your training?

If you are outside of newbietown you will be asked these questions, If you can not discuss them using a rational arguement supported by factual evidence, you will be ridiculed and insulted mercilessly, Newbietown rules prohibit this type of behavior. Outside of newbietown it is permitted. Of course, it is only words on the internet so that may not be a big deal to you.

Good luck.
    Well I guess to many a kick to the face sounds alittle harsh, but when you go throuh it, it gives you an edge that I guess most wouldnt understand.What I mean by edge, is that you lose all thoughts, and concerns of the day, and concentrate only on the task at hand.It is emotional content that counts.That is a quote from Bruce Lee.That was why many joined, but few remained.Believe me when I say that used to go home, and look in the mirror, and wonder what in the heck I was doing, and the same time loving every moment of it.no one was ever injured with kicks to the face. In my opinion, and only that, it was worth it.After a couple of months that was dropped for more intense traing.Like horse stanse, and being told to tighten up, and then he would hit you with a Bo, or staff in the stomach.If you didnt do it right you would drop to the floor with the breath knocked out of you.It would teach you to lose your fear of being hit.It's called breath control.This is what I have been talking about all along, people jump around in the air, and show off fancy kicks, and punches, but never make contact, so they never know what it would be like to be in a real fight.Boards dont fight back, once again, Bruce Lee.I really dont blame people for not understanding.I know what we did, and I know what I know, and if people think that I am making it up then thats what they will believe.My only intention on this site was to honour the memory of GM Abbate.In the comming days I will answer a few more questions,or shed light on my comments, but after that I am done.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 8:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After posting my comments on Cobra Kai, it has come to my attention that somee people really just dont get it.

So I would like to tell a story for those who are interested.

When I was involved with Tae Kwon Do in 1974 I found out that there was going to be a World Tourament held in Chicago.This event was only for Karatka.The best in the world were going to be there.I took my girlfriend at the time there with me on the last day to see who the best of the best was.They had all sorts of events going on from breaking bricks to breaking ice blocks to six rings of fighting all being judged at the same time.I would say there were about 4 hundred people there to watch.Of course there waas alot of testosterone in the air, and it would not be an overstatement to say that Karate was king.

Towards the end of the day alittle old man with a long beard walked out to the fighting area with a very young student.The student didnt look like more then 15, and the teacher looked about 90.As they were walking out the crowd started to boo at them, because they wore Kung Fu uniforms.Everyone was thinking what were these two Kung fu people doing at a Karate tournament.They were very unwelcome to say the least, and the crowd showed it.

The match started, and this young kid would just float through the air, and block everything that was thrown at him, and strike back, but the judges would not award the point.this continued on for about 10 minutes until the same people that were boo the Kung Fu people were now booing the Karate Judges.

It got to the point where the crowd was throwing food, and drink on the floor to protest the judges calls.After that i realized that I would never learn what I wanted from Karate, and needed to find someone to teach me Kung Fu.

My point is that you think that you know something, and if someone tells about something else you dont want to believe until the day comes when you see it with your own eyes.

No one would have ever believe that Bruce Lee could do what he said he could do until they saw it on the big screen.

I hope that you are getting my message.

Bruce Lee had a saying that I loved: Was I tiger dreaming I was a man, or was I a man dreaming I was a tiger.

I believe the truth lies some where in the middle.

Just because you havent heard it, or seen it before dosent mean it doesnt exsit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 9:19pm

Style: Full Contact Ju Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this http://www.awolarmysurplus.net/1981497.html also part of the same cobra kai?

And if you would tell me what does the 'Kai' in Cobra Kai mean and what does the 'os master' mean on the page that details Abbates 'professional credentials' please?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evetsm1155
    Thank you for knowing the differance between the Strip Mall Martail Arts, and the real thing.
    Having had my head crushed by a real Professor Emperado in Honolulu gives me all kinds of cred in the ma world. Too bad half of my face is now flat, one eye is gone, and I can't hear too well, but it was worth it. Mostly it was worth it to bring joy and tears of laughter to my Hawaiian buddy who encouraged me to wear a black belt when I went in as a guest to the school.

Seriously, people are going to give you **** (trolling and bsing etc), but I do know what kind of benefit one can get from hard core training. Going to the bar with the guys after doing full contact sparring and doing body slamming self-defense was total fun. It wasn't any fun working out of course, but it was total fun going into a tough bar with your ma buddies and laughing at any idiots who wanted to start ****. Rarely did anyone really start ****, but a couple times some fool got choked out or kicked in the face (while I hid behind a tournie champion or two).
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 1/15/2008 9:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 9:48pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The match started, and this young kid would just float through the air, and block everything that was thrown at him, and strike back, but the judges would not award the point.
    I find it most unfair that the Judges bias against Kung-Fu styles prevented the young Competitor from gaining his points.

Although, if he was ACTUALLY "floating" perhaps the Judges decision was based upon their presumptions he was high on some kind of questionable substance?
    Last edited by Sushi-Boy; 1/15/2008 9:50pm at .
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast