Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: northern shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    "he didn't learn anything from that, in fact he quit."

I'm in Newbietown so I must not...must not....... Interesting perspective, I can't wait to hear more about it on the rest of the board. I studied Northern Shaolin in the past also (for a short period of time) so I'd like to hear about that later too.
    That's what I tlaking about. Most people out there only know about Shaolin from the TV series Kung Fu.They originally were going to give it to Bruce Lee, but thought that the American public wasnt ready for a Chineese actor that had broken English.What a shame.

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a long time ago ('83) so I only remember doing the "Three Star Block", a little bit of the first form and God only knows how many hours of horse stance training.

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:25pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evetsm1155
    I dont know what trolling is. As far as paying someone to kick me in the face, you just dont get it. you need to go back to the car washing job, and tell all of your buddies how bad you are.Maybe that will help.
    You may want to work on developing a thick skin,a sense of humor and spend more time reading. As for leaving newbietown you will understand if your comments about the dark side are not taken seriously out in the general public and you get a large helping of flak over them. However here you are relativly safe.

I have known 2 Navy Seals, and 1 Ranger.Why do think that they train them to the degree that they do?It's so that no human being could possibly stand up to thier power, and force.
    In case you haven't noticed a lot of people here have military tags after their names, you only get those by giveing proof of service to the mods. Now I'm just a dumb ol' Jarhead, Marine in case you didn't know, and its well known our training is not that tough, but I think you might be exaggerating a little. I will let our resident Army and Navy folk handle this one on SEAL and Ranger invincibility.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a long time ago ('83) so I only remember doing the "Three Star Block", a little bit of the first form and God only knows how many hours of horse stance training.
    Did you train with GM Abbate in 83? Back then he was still Sifu.I have never heard of the three star block, but iI did take some Kung Fu in Houston for a short time, and that was all that we did.It will strengthen your legs, but the time should be spent on self defense.If you can hold a horse stance for at least 3 minutes a day, then that is all you will need unless you are entered in a competion for forms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:40pm

Style: Full Contact Ju Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's the op? It was real. Lots joioned, but few stayed. Out of 5000 students there are roughly 60 Black Sash. Now that's real.
    OP Original Poster, which was, evetsm1155

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:44pm

Style: Full Contact Ju Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cobrakaikungfuclub.com/

Is this the cobra kai you are talking about ??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    You may want to work on developing a thick skin,a sense of humor and spend more time reading. As for leaving newbietown you will understand if your comments about the dark side are not taken seriously out in the general public and you get a large helping of flak over them. However here you are relativly safe.

In case you haven't noticed a lot of people here have military tags after their names, you only get those by giveing proof of service to the mods. Now I'm just a dumb ol' Jarhead, Marine in case you didn't know, and its well known our training is not that tough, but I think you might be exaggerating a little. I will let our resident Army and Navy folk handle this one on SEAL and Ranger invincibility.
    I really do have the upmost respect for anyone that that waers the uniform.It was 74 when I graduated H.S., and the Vietnam war was almost over.The military life was looked down on.I really did know those 3 guys, but as you say some time the hype is larger then reality.I have been warned by others not to leave nubie town, and the only reason that I joined this site was to let the members know that there was at one time, real training going on in America.I have also known other Marines, and they werent that tough, but they still wore the uniform, and for that I say Thank You.

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you train with GM Abbate in 83? Back then he was still Sifu.I have never heard of the three star block, but iI did take some Kung Fu in Houston for a short time, and that was all that we did.It will strengthen your legs, but the time should be spent on self defense.If you can hold a horse stance for at least 3 minutes a day, then that is all you will need unless you are entered in a competion for forms.
    Not unless he was at the Jade Dragon Kung Fu Academy on Elison street in Paterson NJ. The three star block was easy. You faced your partner in horse stance then you would turn in opposite directions and swing your foreams together Bam, bam, bam (low inside, high, low outside) and then you would turn and do it in the other direction, bam, bam bam. If someone else has more familiarity with it they could probably give a better description. I do remember that hitting the Sifu's forearms was like hitting a baseball bat. It hurt like hell but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than standing in horse stance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 5:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran Lydster
    http://www.cobrakaikungfuclub.com/

Is this the cobra kai you are talking about ??
    Yes. I understand that things have changed there now.Upon the Grandmaster death the Kwoon was given to his friend Roco Columbo, who he promoted to the rank of 9th degree.Master Roco as they call him is not one of GM Abbate's best students, but his best friend.They dont teach the old ways any more, and dont even wear a gold stripe to honour Stg. Walker.Time changes everything I guess.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 5:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not unless he was at the Jade Dragon Kung Fu Academy on Elison street in Paterson NJ. The three star block was easy. You faced your partner in horse stance then you would turn in opposite directions and swing your foreams together Bam, bam, bam (low inside, high, low outside) and then you would turn and do it in the other direction, bam, bam bam. If someone else has more familiarity with it they could probably give a better description. I do remember that hitting the Sifu's forearms was like hitting a baseball bat. It hurt like hell but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than standing in horse stance.
    The reason that when you hit his forearm, and it hurt goes back to the intense traing I was talking about earlier.He probably worked out on a Wing Chun Dummy.It takes years, and it was very painful.No, my GM was out of Chicago, but it sounds like you found the real deal.Good for you.
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast