Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,469
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    11
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Something that most of us knew is now backed up by at least one psychologist.

    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...llies--438556/

    In the news a
    A LEADING clinical psychologist has urged parents to give their children permission to `fight back' against playground bullies - even if it means getting into trouble at school.


    I hope more parents and educators see this. Though I suspect educators will still keep up with their own silly policies of kids most tattle tell then take it as it gets worse and worse.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  2. #2
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,876
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...llies--438556/

    In the news a
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    I hope more parents and educators see this. Though I suspect educators will still keep up with their own silly policies of kids most tattle tell then take it as it gets worse and worse.
    Hespect.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,056
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it's about fucking time. This no tolerance bullshit is out of hand.

  4. #4
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    5,368
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's from Ireland.
    I thought they have face punching as a requirement in school?

  5. #5
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    5,802
    Style
    Wrestling
    10
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2016/03/04/news/-let-children-fight-back-against-playground-bullies--438556/

    In the news a
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    I hope more parents and educators see this. Though I suspect educators will still keep up with their own silly policies of kids most tattle tell then take it as it gets worse and worse.
    This is bullshit.

    Every educator knows that the best advice you can give to a bullied student is to just ignore the harasser. Because they "only want to get a reaction out of you."

    This works with rape, too.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 7/20/2016 6:35pm at .

  6. #6
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    5,802
    Style
    Wrestling
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This works with rape, too.
    Dan Severn: *Pantpantpantpantpant...*

    Pencak Silat Pele just files his nails.

    Dan Severn: ... Son of a bitch.

    Severn thrusts harder.

    Dan Severn: *PANTPANTPANTPANTPANTPANT*... Oh, come on!

    Pencak Silat Pele: Yawn.

    Dan Severn: *ROAR!!*

    Severn thrusts harder than any human has ever thrusted before. The room quakes, reality splits open... Still, Pele shows no signs of distress. Eventually, Severn just dismounts in disgust and frustration.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    43
    Style
    Kung Fu
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    It's from Ireland.
    I thought they have face punching as a requirement in school?
    Yes, Irish Americans have that same requirement. I can say this because I'm one.

    In schools (by the Dean of Discipline and others),
    In the bars (recreational violence) and in the street (we know who we are ).

    This psychologist should be more careful. My father told me once "if he hits you hit him back".
    He didn't know that the bully was 200 lbs. and still in the eighth grade after getting left back every other year.
    I took his advice and hit him square in the mouth and proceeded to get the worst beating of my life.

    I guess the upside is that I got real paranoid and now, years later , I get to hang out with you fine fellows.

  8. #8
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    5,802
    Style
    Wrestling
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Well it's about fucking time. This no tolerance bullshit is out of hand.
    Hey, shut your mouth. Zero tolerance is a brilliant policy. A kid who was just defending himself deserves equal punishment to the dude who attacked him.

    This teaches kids the important lessons that subjectivity is a myth and that they should go to unreasonable measures not to break the law, extenuating circumstances be damned.

  9. #9
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,469
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetcat View Post
    Yes, Irish Americans have that same requirement. I can say this because I'm one.

    In schools (by the Dean of Discipline and others),
    In the bars (recreational violence) and in the street (we know who we are ).

    This psychologist should be more careful. My father told me once "if he hits you hit him back".
    He didn't know that the bully was 200 lbs. and still in the eighth grade after getting left back every other year.
    I took his advice and hit him square in the mouth and proceeded to get the worst beating of my life.

    I guess the upside is that I got real paranoid and now, years later , I get to hang out with you fine fellows.
    Just means next time you hit him back, you use a baseball bat.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    503
    Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Just means next time you hit him back, you use a baseball bat.
    Or as my Dad advised, smash him in the head with a brick when he wasn't looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO