Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You thought the HW forums were bad, I give you... The Fight Quest Forums!

A few Gems...

this is unfortunately true in a lot of places, but for those of us who have got of the night shift and been jumped by addicts looking for their next fix, we know how dangerous of a thought this is. The will outnumber you, use weapons, and are hard to bring down because they are drug fueled. If your are going to claim yourself a fighter you should be able to cripple , maim, or worse in every strike you make.
    That's right, EVERY STRIKE. This guy also breaks legs with his shin kicks!

You do realize MMA has rules and street fights do not, correct? Try that wrestling crap in a street fight and maybe you'll survive the otherguys buddy soccer kicking you in the head repeatedly, maybe...
    Matt Thornton, we need you!!!!

I have been stabbed repeatedly, had several guns put to my head, and beaten to a pulp with nightsticks, iv fought on jailroom floors in full shackles and bitten' off a dudes thumb and anothers ear. Iv been in street fights vs gang members and roid freaks several times a year my whole life

don't tell me what my training has been
    I'm a hard core traditionalist. No, wait. I'm a hard core criminal! No, wait, I do Kung Fu. No, wait, I start bar fights...

So to say that i couldnt handle it, you would be wrong, infact the whole reason i complained in the first place is due to the fact that i have undertaken most, if not all of what i have seen on the show...minus the chicken blood. I currently compete in professional Brick Breaking across the country, not to mention tournament after tournament. So...although i may be sitting behind my computer typing, i am probably ten times more active than you previously assumed.
    He must have a powerful strong mullet to be a professional Brick Breaker!

Actually by Doug's bruising and crying you can tell he has no Muay Thai experience at all.

You obviously must only see mixes of Muay Thai in some MMA gym, a real Thai fighter doesn't bruise or feel pain.

Watch Ong Bak sometime, its just a movie, but its better than your perception of MT if you think Doug is any measure of it.
    Soon, Tony Jaa will be as hated as Bruce Lee for what he's done to common (mis)perceptions of MA.

LOL. The place has been overrun by VTG's, though I think that several of them are actually the same person. In fact, it's pretty obvious. Come on over and have you some fun! Beware the "trigger words", though. Copy every post you make before you hit post so if you lose it you can paste and check for trigger words. Pro Tip: Posts submitted for review NEVER get posted.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f...m/f/8711981249

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 7:44pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: The martial arts are just plain goofy

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 7:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt W, why did you run the guy off the board before he explained how you train yourself to rip apart someone else's torso with YOUR BARE HANDS!!!11! Now I'll wonder about that for days. Now I'm off to practice throwing a chopstick through a CD....

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. I love the chopstick thing! I just had another guy accuse me of anwering only the questions I know I'm right about (which, in of itself isn't much of a criticism if you think about it...) because I avoided the question, "How would an MMA fighter deal with someone who can throw chpsticks through 1/2" plywood?" I guess he's right. I have no answer for that! Heh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 8:06pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    LOL. I love the chopstick thing! I just had another guy accuse me of anwering only the questions I know I'm right about (which, in of itself isn't much of a criticism if you think about it...) because I avoided the question, "How would an MMA fighter deal with someone who can throw chpsticks through 1/2" plywood?" I guess he's right. I have no answer for that! Heh.
    Wow. Whoever has enough time to practice throwing chopsticks through 1/2" plywood has my utmost sympathy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 8:07pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly haven't been around anyone who thinks like this since my late '80s/early '90s Ke?po days (back when the term "street lethal" was all the rage.) I think life was simpler when I believed that these guys were extinct...

Oh, and I think the proper response to someone threatening me with chopsticks would be a polite request to stop followed by a boisterous public shaming

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 8:14pm

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "How would an MMA fighter deal with someone who can throw chopsticks through 1/2" plywood?"
    Stay out of Chinatown.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 8:22pm

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, Matt. I'm starting to wonder about your capacity for learning from experience.

Ahem:

Quote Originally Posted by somebody
    Iv been in street fights vs gang members and roid freaks several times a year my whole life
    But it was the worst for him from ages 2-3, when the other toddlers REALLY started hitting the roids...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 8:25pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    "How would an MMA fighter deal with someone who can throw chpsticks through 1/2" plywood?".
    Carry a 3/4" plywood board.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 9:56pm

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh... what's wrong with a hat and sunglasses? Why are they going on and on about that on that forum?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast