Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 3:11pm

Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO, a bit sensitive me thinks....I never hit bellow the belt...I bite ankles, but never hit bellow the belt!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2008 12:47am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol I actually went to Northern Karate once and took a look around and talked to the guy there. It seemed okay, but it is hard to judge quality by appearances. It's seriously the 4chan of dojos in Ontario? I had thought NK was just one school in Richmond Hill but is it a chain sort of? The more you know I guess.

If it is bad what in the area is better?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/28/2008 8:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nobody is saying they're bad.

not yet...hehe

seriously now: vould you tell a bit about how they trained, i assume you did a trial lesson?

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Obviously Disgruntled

I always love to come upon negative posts that are obviously created by someone who is trying to stir up controversy. In case you ever decide to do this again, the deliberate misspell of Cezar Borkowski and the fact that you decided to post a comment today about a video you saw a few years ago, was the point where you gave it away. So you're either someone who trained at NKS and left or someone who exists in competition with NKS and wants to create a stir.

Regardless, there are plenty of martial arts establishments out there for anyone's taste. If this one doesn't work for you, then try another till you find what you're looking for.

This is why introductory lessons exist. I really hope you find something else that suits you better and perhaps you can learn some manners and self-discipline in the process. (And some grammar wouldn't hurt either)

Speaking as a current student, NKS offers a safe and reputable environment for children and adults. The thousands of members in Toronto and surrounding areas is a testament to that and no amount of slander can argue with such a definitive success barometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Hey, just a small enquiry, some years ago i was watching some godawfull video of a seminar held by some instructor from northern karate.

Someone told me he was a grandmaster or 6 th dan or something but he sure knew how to hide it on the tape.

I also was going through some manuals for instructors which contained empty phrases like respect honour and fit and other pointless slogans.

The head of their system is Cesar bowkowski or something, i probably misspelled that, he's supposed to be some worldchamp in this or that karate style, i remember checking him out on the internet but couldnt find anything ecept that you could book him for lectures.

Does anyone know this federation?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 12:56pm

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateka-2010 View Post
    post a comment today about a video you saw a few years ago, was the point where you gave it away.
    Actually this thread has been dead for ages - his post was "years ago" when he saw the video.

So you're either someone who trained at NKS and left or someone who exists in competition with NKS and wants to create a stir.
    Doubt it - his style field is BJJ and he's pretty well known on Bullshido.

Seriously - this is not a gentle place. There is a set of values they espouse, and they are fairly ruthless in their judgement of what doesn't align with that. Quite frankly, Lebell's posting was pretty mild.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 11:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always love to come upon negative posts that are obviously created by someone who is trying to stir up controversy. In case you ever decide to do this again, the deliberate misspell of Cezar Borkowski and the fact that you decided to post a comment today about a video you saw a few years ago, was the point where you gave it away. So you're either someone who trained at NKS and left or someone who exists in competition with NKS and wants to create a stir.
    wrong, i am someone who worked as an instructor at a nkd affiliated school, i watched vhs tapes of so called masters with techniques and drills that made me frown to say the least.

Regardless, there are plenty of martial arts establishments out there for anyone's taste. If this one doesn't work for you, then try another till you find what you're looking for.
    really? i didnt know that!
    thanks for the information!

This is why introductory lessons exist. I really hope you find something else that suits you better and perhaps you can learn some manners and self-discipline in the process. (And some grammar wouldn't hurt either)
    manners and self discipline..and also perhaps a passive agressive attitude like yourself?
    how much do you pay a month? or a contract?

Speaking as a current student, NKS offers a safe and reputable environment for children and adults. The thousands of members in Toronto and surrounding areas is a testament to that and no amount of slander can argue with such a definitive success barometer.
    i'm not slandering anyone, i was curious about peoples experiences with it, also you dont sound as just a student, ' the thousands of members ladeedah...' nice salespitch.

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 6:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GoJuRu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Northern Karate is the worst karate school there is. (well maybe not worst but the worst known one:p) First off, ive seen the demos, its all kata and disarms and all that staged **** which you pay money for. Its held usually by italians that are just in it for the money. The students dont even go to tournaments. Ive tried to search the apparently 8th degree black beld(which is a whole lot of ****) Cezar Bowtski or what ever his name is on youtube. Obviously I didnt find anything. All i found is what to do if someone grabs your wrist tutorial from some NKSchool coach. Thats not karate, that bull ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2012 6:38pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, right on schedule. Every two years another newb posts in this thread as if anyone gives a crap any more

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 8:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Japanese GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Caesar Borkowski is a true Martial Artist,He is very well knowledgable in Okinawan Philosophies and weaponry. He is a member of the Canadian BlackBelt Hall Of Fame. and one of few to be graded to Hanshi, not self proclaimed. So if you are looking to find Bull in His organization, I suggest you do your research further. This a highly respected individual. And no I'm not a student of Northern Karate, just a respectfull martial artist.

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 6:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karate-buzz View Post
    Caesar Borkowski is a true Martial Artist,He is very well knowledgable in Okinawan Philosophies and weaponry. He is a member of the Canadian BlackBelt Hall Of Fame. and one of few to be graded to Hanshi, not self proclaimed. So if you are looking to find Bull in His organization, I suggest you do your research further. This a highly respected individual. And no I'm not a student of Northern Karate, just a respectfull martial artist.
    what exactly does the blackbelt hall of fame mean?
    what requirements should one meet to enter it?
    who decides who gets admitted?

Few to be graded to hanshi?
    How does that work?
    Who graded him?

From what I remember I wasnt looking for bull, it simply engulfed me just walking around there.

Lots of claims, no motivation behind it.
    Nice necro though, this is 6 years old.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234